Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna 09:52 - May 23 with 6907 viewsGlasgowBlue

The board is becoming unreadable with the same overreactions and repetitive slagging off Keiren and his staff, based on very little confirmed information we are getting.

There are two or three interesting threads which have gone on for multiple pages, such as Joe’s, but any other subject is being pushed down the board by the endless”I’ll lose all respect for McKenna” type blubs.

Perhaps a sticky asking people to join Joe’s thread rather than start another one would help.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:52 - May 23 with 1403 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:44 - May 23 by pointofblue

The Mail (yes, I know), Daily Star (yeah, ok) and Evening Standard are both backing it up. It’s not just from the BBC.

Newspapers copy each other.

I once had a job which involved looking at and collating newspaper interviews with prominent and wealthy individuals (in connection with charitable fundraising). Very quickly realised that the vast majority of quotes included were identical - word for word - between different publications and over a timespan of sometimes many years.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

They’ve copied it from the Beeb story on 10:53 - May 23 with 1383 viewsDyland

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:44 - May 23 by pointofblue

The Mail (yes, I know), Daily Star (yeah, ok) and Evening Standard are both backing it up. It’s not just from the BBC.

That’s how it works. And not a single substantiated source or even writers saying they have one.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous, absurd even. The fact the club isn’t responding thankfully shows the gossip and social media meltdowns aren’t taken seriously in the real world, and thank fook for that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:55 - May 23 with 1364 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:43 - May 23 by bluejacko

We all knew he was going to move on to bigger things! This endless speculation is what is doing peoples heads in! If a club made an approach for him properly then it would be down to him to accept or decline and I reckon most people would wish him well but this silence is not helping him or us is it?

Firstly, it's not endless, just five days.

Secondly, he can't accept or reject an offer which hasn't been made yet.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:55 - May 23 with 1364 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:52 - May 23 by Guthrum

I once had a job which involved looking at and collating newspaper interviews with prominent and wealthy individuals (in connection with charitable fundraising). Very quickly realised that the vast majority of quotes included were identical - word for word - between different publications and over a timespan of sometimes many years.

They usually refer to each other if they’re simply quoting another source. There’s an article in the Mirror, for example, this morning which refers to the article in the Standard.

From what I can see, the Standard and Mail are ‘originals’, rather than simply using the BBC report as a base.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Stop using the board for a bit Glassers on 10:55 - May 23 with 1354 viewsDyland

With all due respect ;)

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:56 - May 23 with 1342 viewshomer_123

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:07 - May 23 by SitfcB

Yeah should save all that until he does leave. If he leaves.

I will not be posting anything negative about him, even if he does leave.

Absolutely no reason to.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

They aren’t on 10:57 - May 23 with 1322 viewsDyland

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:55 - May 23 by pointofblue

They usually refer to each other if they’re simply quoting another source. There’s an article in the Mirror, for example, this morning which refers to the article in the Standard.

From what I can see, the Standard and Mail are ‘originals’, rather than simply using the BBC report as a base.

Regardless, there are zero quoted sources or even inferred inside knowledge in any of them. It’s all made up for clicks and eyeballs.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:57 - May 23 with 1317 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:55 - May 23 by pointofblue

Not in my experience, they don't.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:02 - May 23 with 1249 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:26 - May 23 by LankHenners

Eh? One of the longest threads on here about the subject is one from the BBC claiming he'll reject a deal here and wants to move on. Plenty of stories have been from the perspective of McKenna being interested in moving.

Clear as day a lot of the noise is coming from his camp one way or another.

Quite apart from which, how do we know the noise is coming from McKenna's end, not Chelsea wanting to manage the narrative and put Town on the back foot by causing trouble?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:14 - May 23 with 1132 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:02 - May 23 by Guthrum

Quite apart from which, how do we know the noise is coming from McKenna's end, not Chelsea wanting to manage the narrative and put Town on the back foot by causing trouble?

I think a lot of us are setting store in Phil who - again, I’m happy to be corrected on this - I believe thinks a lot of the stirring is coming from his agent, who IIRC has close links to Chelsea.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:22 - May 23 with 1099 viewsEuropablue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:02 - May 23 by Guthrum

I have considered that Chelsea might look to destabilize a presumed relegation rival ahead of the season. Whilst it is part of the game, it does seem unfair that teams above not only take your best players and/or manager, but also destabilize you as they do (or don't) so.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:22 - May 23 with 1096 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:14 - May 23 by pointofblue

I think a lot of us are setting store in Phil who - again, I’m happy to be corrected on this - I believe thinks a lot of the stirring is coming from his agent, who IIRC has close links to Chelsea.

I hadn't seen that from Phil (who, rare among journalists, I do have some faith in).

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:24 - May 23 with 1082 viewsLankHenners

Other than Phil himself and other people who would know intimating that that's the case, I don't see how something of a media circus benefits them when they want to quickly get on with getting a manager in. Very hard for a club that big to keep everything behind lock and key and info will always get out even if there's no deliberate running to the press in any case so they very possibly aren't intentionally getting involved in the coverage.

Also, it's just how these things work isn't it? The same with a player who's in demand or may be considering their options - it's an accepted truth that their agent or 'team' works to get their name out there and cause a bit of unrest. The same thing happens with managers.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:26 - May 23 with 1060 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:22 - May 23 by Europablue

I have considered that Chelsea might look to destabilize a presumed relegation rival ahead of the season. Whilst it is part of the game, it does seem unfair that teams above not only take your best players and/or manager, but also destabilize you as they do (or don't) so.

Happens. I know Sarmiento wasn't exactly pulling up trees at West Brom, but we did pinch him from a top six rival.

Signing player or managers is a battle and all's fair in love and war.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:26 - May 23 with 1057 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:22 - May 23 by Guthrum

I hadn't seen that from Phil (who, rare among journalists, I do have some faith in).

I’m not sure how to copy and paste individual posts on here but it’s basically from the first couple of pages of this thread.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on by Bluebacker 22 May 16:00
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

BBC Sport understands that is expected to fail with the manager, and assistant Martyn Pert, feeling the time is right to move.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:32 - May 23 with 1003 viewsChorleyBoy

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:52 - May 23 by Guthrum

That reminds me of this, which always makes me laugh:

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:43 - May 23 with 934 viewstextbackup

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:56 - May 23 by SitfcB

Can we just shut the forum down for a week? Let it all blow over?

I’m sat in the Winchester waiting for this to blow over if you fancy joining me?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:46 - May 23 with 921 viewstextbackup

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:25 - May 23 by lizzibee

And go to the Winchester?

Sorry. Didn’t read whole thread before posting!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:46 - May 23 with 917 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:26 - May 23 by pointofblue

I’m not sure how to copy and paste individual posts on here but it’s basically from the first couple of pages of this thread.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on by Bluebacker 22 May 16:00
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

BBC Sport understands that is expected to fail with the manager, and assistant Martyn Pert, feeling the time is right to move.

Interesting. Implies (from other posts as well) that the agaent is perhaps operating beyond McKenna's current personal thoughts. But I suppose it's their job to get offers on the table. Questionable whose best interests they are working in, Chelsea or McKenna (plus their own, of course).

Linking individual posts is the same as for whole threads, just copy and paste the URL.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:56 - May 23 with 855 viewsvictorysquad

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:18 - May 23 by Guthrum

But why should he say that, especially before he's had a chance to really study any offers which might come in? It's also the default position until something changes.

I don't see how it is a 'bad look'. He's not said anything either way over speculation/interest which may happen repeatedly from now on (and has already been for some time, e.g. Palace). The club comes across, if at all, as battling to keep their brilliant, acclaimed and sought-after young manager.

I think, given we are so dependant on him right now, and he knows we have waited 20 years for this to happen, to walk out on us now would be pretty reckless imo. He knows the damage it would do to lose him right now, he has a squad of players trained up to play his playing style and totally invested in him as a manager. Now, whilst it may turn out to be the case that a chunk of them end up being squad players this season, it is still highly disruptive. It is a hard enough job to become established as it is, without losing the manager.

He also has had fantastic support from Ashton and would truly be dumping on him as well. He already has enough on his plate, with ground improvements and the small job of building a Premier capable 1st team, the last thing he needs is to have to find a new manager as well.

So, the context for me is this ^^^. However, having said all of that, if Man Utd came knocking I would agree, he has to take it, he can't turn it down, it is his club.
[Post edited 23 May 12:06]
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:07 - May 23 with 806 viewsClassicBlueTractor

I rarely post but do read the board daily. In one of Mark Ashtons interviews he said there will be a lot of noise, stories and speculation about players etc but don’t believe anything unless you hear it from the Club. If there is something to say it will come from us.

No doubt KM will be sought after, his stock is high. Whatever is or is not going on behind the scenes I think we can be confident MA will have it under control. An improved contract or a plan B should KM move on. Players will not be signing for us if they don’t know who the manager is and MA will only be too well aware of this. MA has done a great job and I have very confidence that he is all over this.

Personally I don’t think the Brighton job is for him, the Chelsea one is too far of a risk, just look at Potter and Man Utd is too soon albeit that could turn his head due to the past connections. I see him staying and carrying on the project here which will only further increase his worth.

What will be will be, those who think he owes us a debt are wrong he got us promoted twice. However, if he stays he could emulate Robson and turn us into one of the big clubs.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:10 - May 23 with 763 viewsBlueBadger

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:03 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

The bloke is being absolutely hammered by some based on very little. It’s quite revealing.

No idea where it comes Frim. I can't Mach it out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:16 - May 23 with 709 viewsLeaky

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:00 - May 23 by SitfcB

Hear, hear.

Think it’s fair enough to post a new thread when a new story breaks.

It’s been a mental few days on here though, since Saturday really.

That's why I was happy to be in Dusseldorf for 4 days
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:25 - May 23 with 659 viewsRyorry

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:25 - May 23 by lizzibee

And go to the Winchester?

Bit far for me.

Down the Vic in central Leeds would be great👍

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:32 - May 23 with 609 viewsFrimleyBlue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:10 - May 23 by BlueBadger

No idea where it comes Frim. I can't Mach it out.

Not sure why you're referring to me Badger, i've not hammered KM at all. but then you do like to reuse old erm jokes.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024