Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... 13:27 - May 23 with 5349 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/brighton-chelsea-kieran-mckenn

I think come the end of next week, or earlier, KMc is goign to realise his options are Ipswich or Brighton, as we thought they were at the end of last week.....and then he has that decision to make

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 13:48 - May 23 with 3755 viewsSitfcB

He’s out to 11/4 for Brighton is people want to make some money.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:04 - May 23 with 3533 viewsSitfcB

Four man short list for Chelsea…

COYB

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:10 - May 23 with 3400 viewsBlueBoots

End of next week wouldn't rule out Man Utd being in the mix too; I certainly wouldn't begrudge him the move there if it was offered.

I think McKenna is too smart to take the Chelsea job knowing that if he doesn't hit the ground running he'll be out at Christmas; as for Brighton, he'd be moving to a club with a bit more patience, and where he'll no doubt have a bigger transfer budget, but less say in how it's spent.

I genuinely feel (and hope) he'll still be with us when the season starts; the players will be fired up to prove they're good enough, and I think we're underestimating the attraction of leading that group with the momentum we've built over the past 2 seasons.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:14 - May 23 with 3279 viewsPinewoodblue

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 13:48 - May 23 by SitfcB

He’s out to 11/4 for Brighton is people want to make some money.

Odds for McKenna drifting across the board as far as Brighton concerned but still favourite. He is also still favourite for Chelsea but the market is divided varying from odds on to 5/2 against . Bit. Of an outsider for Man U.

The only certainty, to my mind, is if there was a Market on where KMc will be start of next season then Ipswich would be odds on and significantly so.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:15 - May 23 with 3241 viewsitfcjoe

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:04 - May 23 by SitfcB

That will be accurate from Matt Law, interesting shortlist and think KM misses out on that one

Mentions that Frank and McKenna likely to be on Uniteds shortlist too
[Post edited 23 May 14:16]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:16 - May 23 with 3177 viewsvictorysquad

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:14 - May 23 by Pinewoodblue

Odds for McKenna drifting across the board as far as Brighton concerned but still favourite. He is also still favourite for Chelsea but the market is divided varying from odds on to 5/2 against . Bit. Of an outsider for Man U.

The only certainty, to my mind, is if there was a Market on where KMc will be start of next season then Ipswich would be odds on and significantly so.

I can't believe he would move to a club filled with money from Gambling.

"The social impact of gambling can range from productivity loss, bankruptcy, crime, suicide, illness, abuse, divorce and separation, social services and treatment costs. The social impact of gambling is not confined to the problem gambler."

It just does not seem to fit.
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:17 - May 23 with 3155 viewsLankHenners

Tend to agree - Chelsea clearly want to act ASAP and McKenna may want to wait to see what Utd do but frankly they'll be mad to pass on the opportunity of hiring Pochettino.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:17 - May 23 with 3109 viewsWacko

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:04 - May 23 by SitfcB

Surprised De Zerbi hasn't been mentioned for Chelsea, maybe he's the fourth

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:19 - May 23 with 3066 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

SSN saying it'll be done by the end of the week, i just want this all to stop now.

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:22 - May 23 with 2937 viewsHerbivore

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:19 - May 23 by Macedonian_Gerrard

SSN saying it'll be done by the end of the week, i just want this all to stop now.

But then the Man U job might become available next week. Buckle up, lad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:28 - May 23 with 2814 viewsbazza

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:22 - May 23 by Herbivore

If there’s all this speculation and nothing comes of it And no response from the club, it will look a little bit like McKenna is back here next season with his tail Between his legs, but with a massive point to prove, to the clubs who didn’t take the risk, which could be great for us next season.
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:33 - May 23 with 2659 viewsyorkshireblue

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:22 - May 23 by Herbivore

Will Manchester United wait until Ashworth is in the building before making any changes/appointments?
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:37 - May 23 with 2583 viewsdowsie3

I don’t post on here much but I will be amazed if KM takes the Brighton job IMO there’s not much upside in taking the Brighton job they have hit there ceiling pretty much he might get them to 7th at a push and that would be a great achievement. His stock would go higher if he stayed here and kept us up . The one I do worry about is Man Utd who finished 8th and whoever gets that job with that squad and money to spend will finish at worse 5th KM I’m sure would deliver champion league football in his first season plus the fact KM is a self confessed Man Utd supporter as a child
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:38 - May 23 with 2533 viewshype313

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:33 - May 23 by yorkshireblue

Will Manchester United wait until Ashworth is in the building before making any changes/appointments?

Surely he's been having his say in the background

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:39 - May 23 with 2518 viewshype313

Which is why Chelsea need to move sharpish as they probably know they will be in a fight with Utd over certain candidates

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:41 - May 23 with 2461 viewsClutch

Maresco being linked seems very weird.
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:41 - May 23 with 2445 viewsEuropablue

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:16 - May 23 by victorysquad

I can't believe he would move to a club filled with money from Gambling.

"The social impact of gambling can range from productivity loss, bankruptcy, crime, suicide, illness, abuse, divorce and separation, social services and treatment costs. The social impact of gambling is not confined to the problem gambler."

It just does not seem to fit.

Gambling also has a place as an enjoyable way to (usually) spend your money or add an extra bit of anticipation to something like a sporting event. In many ways it is no different from other things people see as vices. Reasonable limits should be set on gambling as with other habits. Personal responsibility is a consideration in addition to corporate responsibility.
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:44 - May 23 with 2385 viewsSitfcB

I think Utd will go for Poch. They can’t be appointing someone like McKenna right now. Think all this hoo-ha with Chelsea and Brighton is manufactured so Man Utd have to act quick after the cup final and may be tempted for McKenna but won’t be…

Chelsea will appoint someone else.

McKenna won’t want Brighton. They’ll get Potter.

He stays here, keeps us up and goes with legendary status next summer.

In my dreams anyway.

COYB

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:45 - May 23 with 2345 viewstractorboy1978

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:41 - May 23 by Clutch

I was reading he has a very good relationship with Cole Palmer from their time at City. For all they had a good team last year, they were still the best team in the league. Well coached and got 97 points. And expect with Leicester's impending points deduction he'd be quite keen to get out if an opportunity arose.
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:46 - May 23 with 2288 viewsEuropablue

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:19 - May 23 by Macedonian_Gerrard

They want it done quickly so that they aren't competing with Utd.
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:51 - May 23 with 2146 viewsDinDjarin

Potter will go back to Brighton. Maresca will get Chelsea.

Nothing to see here.
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:52 - May 23 with 2105 viewsPinewoodblue

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:44 - May 23 by SitfcB

I think Utd will go for Poch. They can’t be appointing someone like McKenna right now. Think all this hoo-ha with Chelsea and Brighton is manufactured so Man Utd have to act quick after the cup final and may be tempted for McKenna but won’t be…

Chelsea will appoint someone else.

McKenna won’t want Brighton. They’ll get Potter.

He stays here, keeps us up and goes with legendary status next summer.

In my dreams anyway.

Feel a bit more optimistic than that. Would like to think we can finish high enough in the upcoming season for KMc to believe the following season we can quality for Europe.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:53 - May 23 with 2085 viewsAsa

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:41 - May 23 by Clutch

Indeed.

McKenna and Maresca have both been assistants at massive Premier League clubs. They both got promoted last season.

But Maresca finished a division above us with a team half full of Premier League players, we had a team half filled with, on paper, League One players.

McKenna comes across better, his football is better to watch and he seems largely considered to be far more adaptable in-game.

So it seems weird you'd consider both, but it may well of course be Maresca is someone they are happy with if McKenna wasn't interested.
Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:54 - May 23 with 2068 viewsSitfcB

They’re saying end of next week now

COYB

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:55 - May 23 with 2026 viewstomo

Brighton confident of landing McKenna ahead of Chelsea... on 14:51 - May 23 by DinDjarin

Potter will go back to Brighton. Maresca will get Chelsea.

Nothing to see here.

Potter now overtaken KMc as favourite for the Brighton job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024