Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement 20:06 - May 23 with 2107 viewsalial

Do we expect a club statement imminently? Story isn’t going away. 2 things can happen: Mckenna stars or goes. The media keep talking about it, we keep talking about it… when is it going to be put to bed, one way or the other? This makes us look unstable with uncertainty over Mckenna’s position, I just don’t want to be in a - selling Muirphy on transfer deadline day, leaving Leon Best up front - position any longer than we need to tbh. I’m really beginning to hate the Premier league. Fwiw I wouldn’t begrudge him of wanting to manage his boyhood club, but the other 2 would really surprise me. Utd or us (ha imagine thinking that 3 years ago…)

This post has been edited by an administrator
No subject on 20:08 - May 23 with 2071 viewsJ2BLUE

There's no chance we would be in that position.

We are in the exact same position 99.9% of the clubs on earth would be in if their manager had serious interest from Man U and Chelsea.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No subject on 20:23 - May 23 with 1971 viewsGuthrum

McKenna will be linked with virtually every Prem - and maybe overseas - job going from now until the end of the season and beyond. Even if we're competing up the top end of the division. This will not stop as long as he's here.

We'd best get used to it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No subject on 20:56 - May 23 with 1848 viewsRegencyBlue

No subject on 20:23 - May 23 by Guthrum

McKenna will be linked with virtually every Prem - and maybe overseas - job going from now until the end of the season and beyond. Even if we're competing up the top end of the division. This will not stop as long as he's here.

We'd best get used to it.

You’re not wrong but the current level of speculation has got to be harming our preparations for the new season. Are we going to sign players McKenna wants if we don’t know if he will still be here in a few weeks? Are players going to want to come in those circumstances?

If he plans to go then he needs to get on with it. If not then he needs to publicly commit to Town and get on with the job here. Having him hawked around multiple PL teams by his agents feels disrespectful frankly!
No subject on 21:04 - May 23 with 1765 viewsBloomBlue

Once we won promotion this was always going to happen, 2 success promotions.
If we had just lost in the L1 playoffs again, none of these clubs would be interested in KM.
We as fans want success obviously, but with success can come other situations ie top teams want your manager.
No subject on 21:20 - May 23 with 1694 viewsSwansea_Blue

No subject on 20:56 - May 23 by RegencyBlue

You’re not wrong but the current level of speculation has got to be harming our preparations for the new season. Are we going to sign players McKenna wants if we don’t know if he will still be here in a few weeks? Are players going to want to come in those circumstances?

If he plans to go then he needs to get on with it. If not then he needs to publicly commit to Town and get on with the job here. Having him hawked around multiple PL teams by his agents feels disrespectful frankly!

It’s May. We’re fine for a couple of weeks. It’s not ideal of course, but losing McK would be a far bigger problem than a couple of weeks of speculation and flouncing fans. So let’s just wait and see if we are going to lose him. They’ve been planning for ages in any case, so I doubt there’s currently any interruption to that. And even if he does go, there’ll be a plan to deal with that.

Anyway, someone move this thread to football please as it’s encroached on my ‘General’ forum safe space

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No subject on 08:08 - May 24 with 1497 viewsBlueBoots

No subject on 21:20 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

It’s May. We’re fine for a couple of weeks. It’s not ideal of course, but losing McK would be a far bigger problem than a couple of weeks of speculation and flouncing fans. So let’s just wait and see if we are going to lose him. They’ve been planning for ages in any case, so I doubt there’s currently any interruption to that. And even if he does go, there’ll be a plan to deal with that.

Anyway, someone move this thread to football please as it’s encroached on my ‘General’ forum safe space

"Anyway, someone move this thread to football please as it’s encroached on my ‘General’ forum safe space"

Just posted similar on another thread for the same reason...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

No subject on 08:14 - May 24 with 1440 viewsHerbivore

There won't be a statement. All those calling for a statement, what do you expect it to say? Yes, he's going (when that's not certain), no he's not going (when that's not certain either), he may or may not be going (which is where we are at anyway)? The speculation has been going on for 3 or 4 days and it seems to have sent a lot of people into some sort of full meltdown. I don't think people are good at coping with a 24 hour news cycle and feelings of uncertainty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No subject on 08:16 - May 24 with 1430 viewsTractorWood

Agree. It's one thing being linked to loads of jobs but having his representatives meet Man United probably changes the dynamic.

If he wants to move on, it's a tremendous shame but he could do with getting on with it so that we can try to find the best available candidate ourselves.

If it turns from protracted to a saga he does risk very slightly tarnishing his incredible reputation here.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Club statement on 08:30 - May 24 with 1321 viewsmutters

There will be a statement at the right time either saying that McKenna has signed a new contract or one saying that he has gone and the club would like to thanks him for his efforts and what he achieved here

They won't respond to every little speculative rumour.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Club statement on 08:34 - May 24 with 1282 viewsbaxterbasics

Club statement on 08:30 - May 24 by mutters

There will be a statement at the right time either saying that McKenna has signed a new contract or one saying that he has gone and the club would like to thanks him for his efforts and what he achieved here

They won't respond to every little speculative rumour.

Exactly. The only statement the club could put out now is “McKenna remains in place as Ipswich manager. We’ll update you if this changes”

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Club statement on 08:44 - May 24 with 1190 viewsLibero

A statement would just lend credibility to the rumour and conjecture that has spun totally out of control.
Club statement on 08:51 - May 24 with 1113 viewsIP4_Blue

There's a statement at 2pm according to someone on twitter which i'm sure is b/s
Club statement on 08:54 - May 24 with 1069 viewsfooters

Club statement on 08:51 - May 24 by IP4_Blue

There's a statement at 2pm according to someone on twitter which i'm sure is b/s

If you're sure it's BS, why post it elsewhere?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Club statement on 08:57 - May 24 with 1012 viewsIP4_Blue

Club statement on 08:54 - May 24 by footers

If you're sure it's BS, why post it elsewhere?

Because it is relevant to original post
No subject on 09:02 - May 24 with 973 viewsitfcjoe

I guess it only hampers us if he goes, because we will be still working with him, working towards his targets etc and carrying on as normal.

If we have to get a new manager in the future then we have to do it - but it's worth waiting out the week or so from here and doing all we can to keep him because that is still the optimal outcome

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Club statement on 09:04 - May 24 with 958 viewsfooters

Club statement on 08:57 - May 24 by IP4_Blue

Because it is relevant to original post

How is nonsense relevant?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Club statement on 09:15 - May 24 with 840 viewsfallyblue

The reason the story isn’t going away is because there is nothing else to talk about. Transfer windows not open, euros not started and they still have to sell papers and get clicks and views. The club don’t need to say anything that could come back and bite them in the arse. I am sure Mark Ashton has spoken to McKenna and is fully in control of the situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024