Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Picture the scene 22:10 - May 23 with 3182 viewstextbackup

Man Utd decide that KM is a bit of a gamble and go elsewhere.

Chelsea feel put out that he was holding out for Man Utd, and decide to go elsewhere.

Brighton decided tried and tested Potter is their man.

Then Ashton says to KM ‘that contract was a one time offer, you can continue on you current deal’

(Of course all this I hope happens IF KM has been ok with his agent whoring him out)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Picture the scene on 22:11 - May 23 with 2658 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea that sounds a good idea...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Picture the scene on 22:13 - May 23 with 2621 viewsGuthrum

McKenna, snubbed by everybody, goes off to work in Europe to broaden his experience. Ipswich lose out.

Not a good scenario.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Picture the scene on 22:13 - May 23 with 2606 viewsJakeITFC

Increasingly think that’s the only scenario he stays in (messes Brighton about waiting for the others and it backfires). Given the way it’s gone, it doesn’t seem like a long-term fix for us which is a real shame.
Picture the scene on 22:16 - May 23 with 2525 viewstextbackup

Picture the scene on 22:13 - May 23 by Guthrum

McKenna, snubbed by everybody, goes off to work in Europe to broaden his experience. Ipswich lose out.

Not a good scenario.

Do we lose out ‘if’ we are his 4th choice?

Prior to all this I’d be saying he’d be 100% committed etc etc… but I’m starting to doubt

Picture the scene on 22:17 - May 23 with 2476 viewsitfcjoe

Picture the scene on 22:13 - May 23 by JakeITFC

Increasingly think that’s the only scenario he stays in (messes Brighton about waiting for the others and it backfires). Given the way it’s gone, it doesn’t seem like a long-term fix for us which is a real shame.

I think it’ll be a choice between us and Brighton and if he stays then it’s fantastic news

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Picture the scene on 22:21 - May 23 with 2367 viewsSitfcB

Picture the scene on 22:17 - May 23 by itfcjoe

I think it’ll be a choice between us and Brighton and if he stays then it’s fantastic news

Just hope he stays through his own choice and not because Brighton moved on.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Picture the scene on 22:23 - May 23 with 2319 viewstrncbluearmy

The scum will take him
Picture the scene on 22:23 - May 23 with 2317 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Brighton would be a bad move.

They've peaked, very limited opportunity to grow his reputation there. He won't improve on 6th that they achieved a year ago.

He'd get more recognition for finishing 17th with us than he would for finishing 10th with them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Picture the scene on 22:24 - May 23 with 2282 viewstextbackup

Picture the scene on 22:21 - May 23 by SitfcB

Just hope he stays through his own choice and not because Brighton moved on.

In this day and age that info will be known too, and reported for all to hear.

Hate to think/say it… but that could really impact some supporters next season. By that I mean we lose 1-0 and it’s not all going to be rosey, could see a pile on.

Still, we had a good couple of years didn’t we, some don’t even get that

Picture the scene on 22:26 - May 23 with 2224 viewsGuthrum

Picture the scene on 22:16 - May 23 by textbackup

Do we lose out ‘if’ we are his 4th choice?

Prior to all this I’d be saying he’d be 100% committed etc etc… but I’m starting to doubt

Yes. McKenna is possibly the best young manager in England. Sought after by clubs like ManU and Chelsea. How would it not be losing out if he were to go?

I can't see him being anything less than 100% committed if he's at Ipswich next season. He fanatically loves football and furiously wants to succeed. Indeed, if he wants to push his career on, it becomes even more of an incentive to do as well as possible. He will be absolutely determined for the team to avoid relegation.

Picture the scene on 22:32 - May 23 with 2096 viewsJ2BLUE

Picture the scene on 22:26 - May 23 by Guthrum

Yes. McKenna is possibly the best young manager in England. Sought after by clubs like ManU and Chelsea. How would it not be losing out if he were to go?

I can't see him being anything less than 100% committed if he's at Ipswich next season. He fanatically loves football and furiously wants to succeed. Indeed, if he wants to push his career on, it becomes even more of an incentive to do as well as possible. He will be absolutely determined for the team to avoid relegation.

Agree, and by the sounds of it he's continuing to work hard for Town while this is going on.

Man U is not a normal club. This is just the price of having a brilliant manager.

Truly impaired.

Picture the scene on 22:33 - May 23 with 2080 viewsitfcsuth

I still think Man Utd or Chelsea seem a bit of a stretch for me for him at this stage of his career, but if they want to talk he has to listen, huge clubs (Man Utd his dream job).

If we are in a shootout v Brighton, I would still feel optimistic he’d want to stay.

Make no mistake though, I want him to stay, but only if he wants to stay.
Picture the scene on 22:35 - May 23 with 2063 viewstextbackup

Picture the scene on 22:32 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Agree, and by the sounds of it he's continuing to work hard for Town while this is going on.

Man U is not a normal club. This is just the price of having a brilliant manager.

I must have missed what he’s been doing for Town whilst this has been going on?

Because he was away at the start of week, then at the LMA awards. Whats he been doing for ITFC in this time? (Genuine question, as not seen it mentioned)

Picture the scene on 22:36 - May 23 with 2027 viewsJakeITFC

I suppose one good thing to come from this is that it seemingly shows he doesn’t need the Brighton stepping stone to be considered for a top 6 team.
Picture the scene on 22:38 - May 23 with 2002 viewsJ2BLUE

Picture the scene on 22:35 - May 23 by textbackup

I must have missed what he’s been doing for Town whilst this has been going on?

Because he was away at the start of week, then at the LMA awards. Whats he been doing for ITFC in this time? (Genuine question, as not seen it mentioned)

Someone posted earlier that Ashton said he has been in every day working on next season.

Truly impaired.

Picture the scene on 22:41 - May 23 with 1925 viewstextbackup

Picture the scene on 22:38 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Someone posted earlier that Ashton said he has been in every day working on next season.

Missed that, so Ashton has made a statement in the last couple of days about all this has he?

Or, was that all hearsay?

Picture the scene on 22:42 - May 23 with 1908 viewsJimmy86

If he does stay then you'd have to question whether he is still truly committed to us, surely?

I want him to stay, but all this is definitely not a good look and the way it's been done goes against the true class he has often displayed as our manager
Picture the scene on 22:43 - May 23 with 1882 viewsJakeITFC

Picture the scene on 22:41 - May 23 by textbackup

Missed that, so Ashton has made a statement in the last couple of days about all this has he?

He was working at Ipswich today, def info.
Picture the scene on 22:43 - May 23 with 1860 viewsGuthrum

Phil said earlier that McKenna was in Ipswich today.

Picture the scene on 22:47 - May 23 with 1788 viewsGuthrum

Picture the scene on 22:41 - May 23 by textbackup

Think he mentioned it in the video on Friday. Which, given some of the meetings with representatives reportedly happened last week, provides overlap.

In any case, it's not McKenna himself talking to these clubs, it's his agents.

Picture the scene on 22:52 - May 23 with 1696 viewstextbackup

Picture the scene on 22:47 - May 23 by Guthrum

Think he mentioned it in the video on Friday. Which, given some of the meetings with representatives reportedly happened last week, provides overlap.

In any case, it's not McKenna himself talking to these clubs, it's his agents.

Yet

Just causally being whored around. Fair play
[Post edited 23 May 22:53]

Picture the scene on 22:53 - May 23 with 1674 viewsLeaky

Well he was in the departure area at Standstead Saturday morning
Picture the scene on 23:11 - May 23 with 1537 viewsGuthrum

Picture the scene on 22:52 - May 23 by textbackup

Yet

Just causally being whored around. Fair play
[Post edited 23 May 22:53]

If another, bigger employer inquired whether you wanted to come and work for them in a much more prestigious job, with more money and better prospects, would you tell them to get stuffed? Or would you at least find out what they're offering?

These clubs approached McKenna, not the other way around. His name was being mentioned before vacancies existed. He's not whoring himself out, just seeing what the other suitors are saying.

Picture the scene on 23:13 - May 23 with 1524 viewstextbackup

Picture the scene on 23:11 - May 23 by Guthrum

If another, bigger employer inquired whether you wanted to come and work for them in a much more prestigious job, with more money and better prospects, would you tell them to get stuffed? Or would you at least find out what they're offering?

These clubs approached McKenna, not the other way around. His name was being mentioned before vacancies existed. He's not whoring himself out, just seeing what the other suitors are saying.

If he goes to MUFC, I can deal with that completely.

The other two though, na.

Didnt say he was whoring himself out btw.

Picture the scene on 23:21 - May 23 with 1473 viewsGuthrum

Picture the scene on 23:13 - May 23 by textbackup

If he goes to MUFC, I can deal with that completely.

The other two though, na.

Didnt say he was whoring himself out btw.

Chelsea are a massive club, even despite being a basket case which he'd IMO be mad to leave us for. Champions League contenders, if they could sort themselves out. Brighton are similar to us but a few years further along the path. One a big step (but likely to break a leg), the other a smaller one, but both advances in his career.

I will be surprised if he goes to Chelsea and a bit disappointed if it's Brighton, but I can understand both. ManU, as you say, is a different matter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024