Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of 16:13 - May 24 with 3458 viewsMatt_Netherlands

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/24343722.kieran-mckenna-addressing-man-unite

Fair enough for addressing it. Can imagine he (along with Phillip) have definitely had a lot of info over the course of this week, but fair play for wanting to verify anything before generating a few more clicks!
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:16 - May 24 with 3329 viewsMediocre_Quick

Ah yes, Steve Watson,

Stu Watsons non-spectacle wearing brother
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:44 - May 24 with 2841 viewsGuthrum

Good timeline on there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:47 - May 24 with 2781 viewsMidlandBlue25

I think EADT are choosing to retain a good relationship with ITFC and Ashton, rather than repeating the stories we’ve seen in all national papers. They’ve had a lot of good exclusive interviews recently
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:49 - May 24 with 2732 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:47 - May 24 by MidlandBlue25

I think EADT are choosing to retain a good relationship with ITFC and Ashton, rather than repeating the stories we’ve seen in all national papers. They’ve had a lot of good exclusive interviews recently

Probably helps that Andy Warren is in house now too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:55 - May 24 with 2602 viewspointofblue

The hypotheticals are interesting thoughts.

- Are all three clubs mentioned seriously interested in McKenna or are some being used to flush out interest from others?
Brighton is serious. Think the others are more of a passing glance.

- Will the result of tomorrow's FA Cup Final have any bearing on Erik ten Hag's future? If United do change boss, would they be bold enough to go with McKenna over more experienced options like Pochettino and Tuchel?
As above, I think Manchester United will go with Pochettino or Tuchel.

- How long will Brighton and Chelsea wait around for an answer if McKenna's waiting on Manchester United?
Depends how much Brighton want him, and who else they have lined up.

- Is Maresca really Chelsea's main target, or has that information been put out to force a decision from McKenna?
I wonder whether they might go for Xavi now he’s available?

- Is there any way that when the music stops the only/most appealing chair left for McKenna is Ipswich? If so, how will he/the club address the previous speculation?
They’ll probably try and act as if none of this ever happened.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:57 - May 24 with 2581 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Surprised no-one's interviewed any of the players yet to see what they think about all this. Unless they've been instructed not to comment.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:58 - May 24 with 2535 viewsBluebacker

A great article and helpful to see the timeline laid out like that.

“Is Maresca really Chelsea's main target, or has that information been put out to force a decision from McKenna?”

That makes it sound like Chelsea have officially offered McKenna the job? Maresca suddenly being their main target does appear a little odd, and I can’t imagine many would choose him over McKenna given the opportunity.
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:08 - May 24 with 2328 viewsDarkBrandon

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:47 - May 24 by MidlandBlue25

It is in the article!!

“I've seen some of the conspiracy theories. One is that we are keeping quiet because of some sort of cozy relationship with the club. That's simply not the case. I don't really understand how that would benefit either party“
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:08 - May 24 with 2311 viewsJimmyJazz

No idea why he's gone and name checked our favourite poster Elephant in the Room

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:10 - May 24 with 2265 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:08 - May 24 by DarkBrandon

It is in the article!!

“I've seen some of the conspiracy theories. One is that we are keeping quiet because of some sort of cozy relationship with the club. That's simply not the case. I don't really understand how that would benefit either party“

It is, but to be fair, it clearly would benefit both parties.

The club dont want speculation.

The EADT get excellent access on the back of co-operating.

I'm not saying the 'conspiracy' is true, but there is clearly mutual benefit in having a good relationship.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:21 - May 24 with 2097 viewsSmithersJones

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:58 - May 24 by Bluebacker

“Is Maresca really Chelsea's main target, or has that information been put out to force a decision from McKenna?”

That makes it sound like Chelsea have officially offered McKenna the job? Maresca suddenly being their main target does appear a little odd, and I can’t imagine many would choose him over McKenna given the opportunity.

Remember that Thomas Frank is also apparently on both short lists so all this could equally apply to him.
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:22 - May 24 with 2086 viewstractorboy1978

Read he has a good relationship with Cole Palmer having coached him an Man City. He's the star boy there.
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:43 - May 24 with 1841 viewsBloomBlue

Maresca has the Pep connection and it appears the football world has gone Pep connection crazy - see Kompany and Bayern Munich.
It's as if Pep is now viewed as some manager God and clubs want anyone who has worked with him irrelevant of capabilities
You can add Arteta to the Pep connection. on 17:45 - May 24 with 1784 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:43 - May 24 by BloomBlue

Maresca has the Pep connection and it appears the football world has gone Pep connection crazy - see Kompany and Bayern Munich.
It's as if Pep is now viewed as some manager God and clubs want anyone who has worked with him irrelevant of capabilities

...kinda set the blueprint.

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 18:00 - May 24 with 1599 viewsDJR

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 16:16 - May 24 by Mediocre_Quick

Ah yes, Steve Watson,

Stu Watsons non-spectacle wearing brother

and with a full head of hair.
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 18:37 - May 24 with 1333 viewsbackwaywhen

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 17:21 - May 24 by SmithersJones

Remember that Thomas Frank is also apparently on both short lists so all this could equally apply to him.

Are any of the other clubs forums gone into meltdown over their managers being touted ie Brentford and Leicester ?
Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 19:05 - May 24 with 1127 viewsyorkshireblue

Steve Watson has spoken…. Kind of on 18:37 - May 24 by backwaywhen

Are any of the other clubs forums gone into meltdown over their managers being touted ie Brentford and Leicester ?

To be fair, a lot of Leicester fans seemingly wanted Enzo sacked anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024