Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can lightning strike twice 08:05 - May 25 with 4285 viewscressi

Chris Davies Spurs coach linked with Ipswich job forced to retire early aged 19 with injuries in 2004.
Can lightning strike twice on 10:36 - May 25 with 689 viewsGuthrum

Can lightning strike twice on 10:30 - May 25 by wkj

Brighton have been there for 8 years and are still treated like fodder to some extent.

Altho some of that is a deliberate survival mechanism by the club, selling players (and managers) to help their financial status.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Can lightning strike twice on 10:39 - May 25 with 677 viewsZapers

Can lightning strike twice on 10:32 - May 25 by Guthrum

And will do anything to get it. Including hawking their client all over the place and in the press.

Not forgetting that the other 80% or thereabouts goes into McKenna’s pocket;)

That’s until the taxman has taken his share!

It appears everyone wants a piece of Keiran;)
Can lightning strike twice on 10:40 - May 25 with 673 viewswkj

Can lightning strike twice on 10:39 - May 25 by Zapers

That's the price of success - this is the first of many pickles we'll be in regarding talent.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can lightning strike twice on 10:44 - May 25 with 664 viewsGuthrum

Can lightning strike twice on 10:39 - May 25 by Zapers

McKenna will get good money (even after tax ) if he stays at Ipswich. The agency only gets a bigger wedge if he moves. Or if he gets a new deal here.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Can lightning strike twice on 11:27 - May 25 with 606 viewshunty21

Can lightning strike twice on 08:11 - May 25 by cressi

His done a marvellous job but I do wonder if the club let alone the fans will fully trust McKenna fully again. Will his agent throw his hat in the ring at every premiership job that becomes available.

So you gonna boo him? It's sky sport to blame and clubs spreading false rumour not mckenna although I don't blame him if wanting man utd
Can lightning strike twice on 11:30 - May 25 with 603 viewsberkstractorboy

Can lightning strike twice on 08:15 - May 25 by davblue

Will take some almighty cajones to appoint a manager who’s never managed before in the premier league.

Wouldn’t surprise me 1 bit, if Ashton done it either.
[Post edited 25 May 8:15]

Exactly what Brighton, Chelsea and Man U are considering doing though ....
Can lightning strike twice on 11:40 - May 25 with 576 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can lightning strike twice on 08:11 - May 25 by cressi

His done a marvellous job but I do wonder if the club let alone the fans will fully trust McKenna fully again. Will his agent throw his hat in the ring at every premiership job that becomes available.

Anyone with any sense will. Managers are with us until they’re not. He’s one of the longer serving managers in the PL/efl, which tells you all you need to know about how often they move. Far better to have one in demand than one who’s doing so badly he has to be sacked and can’t find another job. We’ve had far too many of the latter.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can lightning strike twice on 11:43 - May 25 with 571 viewsNutkins_Return

Can lightning strike twice on 08:22 - May 25 by cressi

To a point but as this forum shows it has split the fanbase in how they feel about McKenna and what's happened.
Nobody is right or wrong in how they feel everyone entitled to their view. I would like so normality by the end of next week so we the club can prepare for the transfer window and the new season with the objective to stay up or better.

That's because there are always a lot of people within our (and any fanbase) that let emotion get in the way of sensible thinking.

You talked about "can we trust McKenna again". Just blows my mind this sort of thing. He's a football manager who has never said anything other than being hugely ambitious. Some huge jobs have come up and his agents are doing their job. McKenna and 90% of other managers would listen to what a huge club have to say. Doesn't mean he takes it. If everything is right and it gives him essentially the opportunity of a lifetime to go and win a title etc then it's understandable. He owes us very little. Yes we gave him an opportunity w
But he's paid that back 10x over.

Everyone on this forum would listen to a job offer paying 5x their salary with the potential to make a bigger mark in the job they do.
Login to get fewer ads

Can lightning strike twice on 11:44 - May 25 with 570 viewsZapers

Can lightning strike twice on 10:40 - May 25 by wkj

That's the price of success - this is the first of many pickles we'll be in regarding talent.

Pathetic attempt.
Can lightning strike twice on 11:58 - May 25 with 541 viewspointofblue

Can lightning strike twice on 10:21 - May 25 by wkj

If he stays then he will be revered hero all over again. Agents handle the talent, talent doesn't handle the agents - especially with CAA who have some of the most "accomplished" and cutthroat agents in the world.

Besides, even if he does go - what he brought to this club is immeasurable and anyone who is bitter about him leaving are deluded to hold a grudge given what he's done for us.

People make it sound like McKenna is trapped with this agent, completely unable to call the shots and manipulated to do their bidding. But I seem to recall it being said he didn’t even have one when he joined us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can lightning strike twice on 12:36 - May 25 with 500 viewscressi

Can lightning strike twice on 11:58 - May 25 by pointofblue

People make it sound like McKenna is trapped with this agent, completely unable to call the shots and manipulated to do their bidding. But I seem to recall it being said he didn’t even have one when he joined us.

Agents what Rubbish McKenna is classed as a intelligent person he is the one informing his agents what his looking for, at the best his agents have said we can possibly get you this xyz and his agreed to the conversations going ahead wakey wakey time I'm afraid.
Can lightning strike twice on 13:22 - May 25 with 441 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can lightning strike twice on 08:08 - May 25 by wkj

Im all for it still striking once with McKenna remaining with town

I think it's vitally important we keep the momentum and continuity for the forthcoming season.

We hit the ground running last season. The players knew the system and tactics and we carried the confidence and momentum of the previous season's promotion into the Championship. Without that fantastic start we would not have been promoted.

Leeds, on the other hand, came into the season with a new manager, new system, new tactics and a demoralised squad after relegation. They had a poor start and it took them a while to adjust. Had their first half of the season points tally had been as good as their second half then they would have been promoted instead of us.

A change of manager and/or system would be an utter disaster for us imo, so we have to keep him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can lightning strike twice on 14:35 - May 25 with 372 viewswkj

Can lightning strike twice on 11:44 - May 25 by Zapers

Pathetic attempt.

Excuse me?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024