Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' 15:46 - Jun 9 with 1912 viewsLuk38644

It really does.

Incredible figures.
When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:50 - Jun 9 with 1884 viewsclive_baker

I agree, even in strongholds it matters. Had 18% of people not voted UKIP would we see such a right wing Tory government and left wing opposition as we see today? Possibly not. If 18% voted Green this time around they might not have won seats but you can bet Labour and Tory would've played to those voters moving forwards.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:50 - Jun 9 with 1879 viewsRyorry

And someone posted the results from a (Scottish I think) constituency last night where there were only 2 - yes TWO! votes in it!! x thousand x hundred and 19, v x thousand x hundred and 17

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:51 - Jun 9 with 1871 viewsmonytowbray

Pretty mad that if true, did it source the data the tweets are based on? Insane people on here are still screaming BUT YOU STILL LOST at labour voters as if it were a game of football.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:54 - Jun 9 with 1852 viewsclive_baker

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:51 - Jun 9 by monytowbray

Pretty mad that if true, did it source the data the tweets are based on? Insane people on here are still screaming BUT YOU STILL LOST at labour voters as if it were a game of football.

Insane people were chanting Je-re-my Cor-byn to the Santi Cazorla chant as he left his house this morning, as if it were a game of foo...forget it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:55 - Jun 9 with 1844 viewsSteve_M

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:50 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

I agree, even in strongholds it matters. Had 18% of people not voted UKIP would we see such a right wing Tory government and left wing opposition as we see today? Possibly not. If 18% voted Green this time around they might not have won seats but you can bet Labour and Tory would've played to those voters moving forwards.

On the other hand:

My vote made a big difference then by Steve_M 9 Jun 2017 7:48
Pretty impressive majority here in Holborn & St Pancras though even if the result wasn't in doubt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000750

This, on the other hand is pretty stunning. Hampstead & Kilburn was high on the Tory target list and a 1,500 majority was fairly comfortable compared to 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000727

It all very much depends where you live. At least those of you in Ipswich have a vote that does count.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:58 - Jun 9 with 1831 viewsuefacup81

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:51 - Jun 9 by monytowbray

I've not got any sources, but I can see precisely how it would be accurate.

Goldsmith only won Richmond Park by 45 votes, and I imagine there are some similar Labour/Lib Dem/SNP majorities out there. It would only take 180 votes to overturn four 45-vote majorities and win four seats.

In terms of the seats listed here ( https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/general-election-smallest-majoritie it would only have taken 99 votes for the Tories to win three more seats (or for 45 voters to switch allegiance).
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:59]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:58 - Jun 9 with 1822 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why would that make Corbyn PM. Shed still have more seats than him surely?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 16:01 - Jun 9 with 1808 viewsuefacup81

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:58 - Jun 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Why would that make Corbyn PM. Shed still have more seats than him surely?

She'd have had more seats, but Corbyn would have been better placed to negotiate a Confidence and Supply 'deal'.

The only party likely to work with the Tories was/is the DUP. All the other parties would be more likely to support a 'Progressive Alliance' even if just to pass a Queen's Speech and Budget.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 16:02]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Login to get fewer ads

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 16:02 - Jun 9 with 1800 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 16:01 - Jun 9 by uefacup81

She'd have had more seats, but Corbyn would have been better placed to negotiate a Confidence and Supply 'deal'.

The only party likely to work with the Tories was/is the DUP. All the other parties would be more likely to support a 'Progressive Alliance' even if just to pass a Queen's Speech and Budget.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 16:02]

Oh i see

Cheers

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 16:04 - Jun 9 with 1800 viewsnoggin

Think it was John Cleese who was quoted as saying he wouldn't vote as he lives in chelsea and as such his vote would be useless (tory stronghold) Labour took the seat.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 16:22 - Jun 9 with 1760 viewsRyorry

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:50 - Jun 9 by Ryorry

And someone posted the results from a (Scottish I think) constituency last night where there were only 2 - yes TWO! votes in it!! x thousand x hundred and 19, v x thousand x hundred and 17

It was North East Fife -

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/general-election-smallest-majoritie

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 18:46 - Jun 9 with 1708 viewsKievthegreat

Lib Dems were 467 votes away from an additional 4 seats. Very fine margins.
When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 19:55 - Jun 9 with 1665 viewsDubtractor

When people say 'my vote doesn't matter' on 15:55 - Jun 9 by Steve_M

On the other hand:

My vote made a big difference then by Steve_M 9 Jun 2017 7:48
Pretty impressive majority here in Holborn & St Pancras though even if the result wasn't in doubt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000750

This, on the other hand is pretty stunning. Hampstead & Kilburn was high on the Tory target list and a 1,500 majority was fairly comfortable compared to 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000727

It all very much depends where you live. At least those of you in Ipswich have a vote that does count.

I've a friend who lives on Dales Road, which means he is about 20 yards outside Ipswich and into North Ipswich and Central Suffolk instead.

Annoys him quite a lot!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024