Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? 11:44 - Jul 10 with 6386 viewsDolly2.0

They're getting desperate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40549253

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 11:49 - Jul 10 with 6368 viewsGeoffSentence

Who in their right mind would trust the tories with their ideas? The last time this sort of thing took place, during the coalition, the tories took the credit for their partners popular policies, and let their friends take the crap for the unpopular ones. End result, Lib-Dems virtually wiped out.

I can't see anyone wanting to take the inevitable crap for propping up the tories.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 11:51 - Jul 10 with 6371 viewsBOjK

How about they fulfill their manifesto pledges to force companies to put workers representatives on board and to intervene in the energy market to cap prices.

I support neither proposal, but they won the election on that manifesto and I'm sure Labour can be brought round.

More generally though this all shows what an appalling Prime Minister May is. Genuinely the worst in my lifetime (although her decisions haven't yet proved as catastrophic as Cameron). The time to do this was when she was standing outside downing street having just been to see the queen. She could then have called for ideas, support and co-working with members of other parties to introduce policies with wide support. Instead she chucked £1.5bn at the DUP having messed up those negotiations and now with the whiff of a leadership challenge in the air is now trying to get some kind of cross-party working.

Really pitiful stuff.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 13:16 - Jul 10 with 6316 viewsNo9

She wants to spread the blame before she gets ditched
Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 13:24 - Jul 10 with 6306 viewsunbelievablue

To be honest, I read this as yet more evidence of May's own impotence and inadequacy.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 13:28 - Jul 10 with 6293 viewsDarth_Koont

F@cking shambolic, I'd say.

I'm upgrading her to: Worst Prime Minister There Will Ever Be.

Pronouns: He/Him

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 13:45 - Jul 10 with 6266 viewsDolly2.0

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 13:16 - Jul 10 by No9

And/or take the credit for anything that works.

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 14:40 - Jul 10 with 6240 viewsBlueBadger

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 13:16 - Jul 10 by No9

Ungrateful so-and-so. 'It's all Labour's fault' was good enough for her predecessor...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 14:45 - Jul 10 with 6231 viewsfooters

I thought Labour's ideas were a threat to the very fabric of society, you know a coalition of chaos? I've never seen such a desperate PM- asking the opposition to help her out? LOL.

The bell tolls for thee, Theresa.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:35 - Jul 10 with 6177 viewsbluelagos

A desperate move to shore up her own position? Absolutely.

A sign of the chaotic shambles her government is? Absolutely.

But, and it's a huge but, if you believe the country's best interests are served by negotiating a soft Brexit, one that protects our businesses and thus protects our workers / jobs, would it not be sensible say for Labour to put forward Keir Starmer to work with the Tory Brexit team?

Or should Labour say "F you - it's your mess, you clean it up" ?

I for one would like to see some cross party working on Brexit. Cos if we we leave it to the current lot, we risk a total fck up of the highest order...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:39 - Jul 10 with 6172 viewsLord_Lucan

I sort of disagree.

If all the parties actually worked with each other as adults rather than criticise every single thing then we might get somewhere - and I'm not just talking about Brexit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:48 - Jul 10 with 6152 viewsbluelagos

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:39 - Jul 10 by Lord_Lucan

I sort of disagree.

If all the parties actually worked with each other as adults rather than criticise every single thing then we might get somewhere - and I'm not just talking about Brexit.

Next you'll be saying you want to feed the world and see world peace.

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:50 - Jul 10 with 6148 viewsGeoffSentence

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:39 - Jul 10 by Lord_Lucan

I sort of disagree.

The lib dems tried that, and got fcked up the arse. Now no-one trusts the tories. Even the DUP quoted 'what happened to the lib dems' in their reasoning behind supporting a confidence and supply agreement with the tories rather than seeking a formal coalition.

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:54 - Jul 10 with 6135 viewsNo9

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:35 - Jul 10 by bluelagos

A desperate move to shore up her own position? Absolutely.

A sign of the chaotic shambles her government is? Absolutely.

But, and it's a huge but, if you believe the country's best interests are served by negotiating a soft Brexit, one that protects our businesses and thus protects our workers / jobs, would it not be sensible say for Labour to put forward Keir Starmer to work with the Tory Brexit team?

Or should Labour say "F you - it's your mess, you clean it up" ?

I for one would like to see some cross party working on Brexit. Cos if we we leave it to the current lot, we risk a total fck up of the highest order...

Any other party should be very cautious - don't forget that trying to help the tories cost the Lib-Dems dearly & cost Mr Clegg his MP job & maybe his political career.
Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:59 - Jul 10 with 6137 viewsbluelagos

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:54 - Jul 10 by No9

Any other party should be very cautious - don't forget that trying to help the tories cost the Lib-Dems dearly & cost Mr Clegg his MP job & maybe his political career.

Absolutely - I think how the Libs got fcked over will likely mean a genuine cross party approach is very unlikely.

It's ironic, but the previous actions of the tories is likely going to bite them in the arse now. Which I would have no issues with, except that it means the country more likely gets a poor Brexit deal in the process.

In that scenario, the swivel eyed tory euroloons (IDS et al) are smiling, the rest of us pay the price.

Time for a compromise? I'd hope so.

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 21:48 - Jul 10 with 6094 viewsDolly2.0

I sort of disagree.

Bit late and hypocritical for the Tories to be asking for that now!

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 21:53 - Jul 10 with 6081 viewsDarth_Koont

I sort of disagree.

Too little too late, I'm afraid. This is a cry for help from a leader and party who suddenly find themselves well out of their depth.

I agree in principle. But the time for that was after a narrow Leave vote (despite overall political consensus for Remain). It's only now the penny has dropped they're on a losing path and they want someone else to share the blame.

Pronouns: He/Him

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 22:03 - Jul 10 with 6068 viewsRadlett_blue

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 17:54 - Jul 10 by No9

Clegg & the Lib Dems had few other realistic options after that election. Unsurprisingly, they fancied a taste of power. They really should have dug their toes in over student fees, though.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 22:09 - Jul 10 with 6060 viewsHARRY10

Not really, just hope May keeps her nerve

Brexit is as good as over, just hold on and let voters really see what an almighty leap off the cliff (blindfolded) it would be.

With a vast majority of both the Tory and Labour MPs being Remain, as are the LDems, SNP, even the Scottish Tories I doubt she has too much to worry about. The house of Lords ... overwhelming Remain as is her.

There is no hard of soft Brexit. Either the UK is in or it is out, and i cannot see huge multi nationals with billions invested in the uk being had over by a bunch of cranks and the ill-informed. cabinet.

The timescale is such that it will be impossible to achieve by March 2019. More stuff like EURAtom will emerge. The Remain vote is now at 54% and slowly climbing. the momentum for brexit is over. The cause of many folks woes is austerity. Streets aren't being cleaned, schools, police, the fire service and the NHS are struggling.

This will not last until 20120.

The country needs investment, and not silly projects like Trident and HS20. Just like our club, we need the everyday things back working.

With us it is the ticketing system, the catering, the seating price. Get those right and build from there.

Oh, and get rid of smirking c**** like IDS,hypocrtical, lying shysters like Johnson, odious creeps like Gove and mad women like Leadsom and get your social views out of the 19th century.
Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 08:56 - Jul 11 with 5991 viewsNo9

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 22:09 - Jul 10 by HARRY10

Not really, just hope May keeps her nerve

Brexit is as good as over, just hold on and let voters really see what an almighty leap off the cliff (blindfolded) it would be.

With a vast majority of both the Tory and Labour MPs being Remain, as are the LDems, SNP, even the Scottish Tories I doubt she has too much to worry about. The house of Lords ... overwhelming Remain as is her.

There is no hard of soft Brexit. Either the UK is in or it is out, and i cannot see huge multi nationals with billions invested in the uk being had over by a bunch of cranks and the ill-informed. cabinet.

The timescale is such that it will be impossible to achieve by March 2019. More stuff like EURAtom will emerge. The Remain vote is now at 54% and slowly climbing. the momentum for brexit is over. The cause of many folks woes is austerity. Streets aren't being cleaned, schools, police, the fire service and the NHS are struggling.

This will not last until 20120.

The country needs investment, and not silly projects like Trident and HS20. Just like our club, we need the everyday things back working.

With us it is the ticketing system, the catering, the seating price. Get those right and build from there.

Oh, and get rid of smirking c**** like IDS,hypocrtical, lying shysters like Johnson, odious creeps like Gove and mad women like Leadsom and get your social views out of the 19th century.

I agree with much of what you have posted however, I don't see the 'Brexiteers' taking this laying down.
There are still a lot of people who don't believe out is out despite what the Brexiteers say.
For any other party to adjoin with Mrs May so many caveats about dealing with Brexiteers would be needed it won't happen.

The EU has moved on, if the UK doesn't want to be left behind it will need to act swiftly or the catch up will be painful
Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 09:19 - Jul 11 with 5975 viewsGeoffSentence

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 22:03 - Jul 10 by Radlett_blue

Clegg & the Lib Dems had few other realistic options after that election. Unsurprisingly, they fancied a taste of power. They really should have dug their toes in over student fees, though.

They really should have done, and in that respect they fcked themselves over.

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 09:28 - Jul 11 with 5972 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hate TM with a passion bordering towards psychopathic...

But she can't win here.

1. She calls for greater cross-party involvement and everyone laughs and says she's run out of ideas.
2. She cracks on as she has been in her own little bubble only listening to her crazy advisers and she's accused of being a control freak.

She'd be better off keeping her mouth shut , or ideally just clearing off as she's not suited to being a leader.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 09:36 - Jul 11 with 5962 viewsDolly2.0

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 09:28 - Jul 11 by Swansea_Blue

I hate TM with a passion bordering towards psychopathic...

But she can't win here.

1. She calls for greater cross-party involvement and everyone laughs and says she's run out of ideas.
2. She cracks on as she has been in her own little bubble only listening to her crazy advisers and she's accused of being a control freak.

She'd be better off keeping her mouth shut , or ideally just clearing off as she's not suited to being a leader.

She caused this situation. It's her own fault "she can't win here".

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 09:43 - Jul 11 with 5950 viewsSwansea_Blue

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 09:36 - Jul 11 by Dolly2.0

She caused this situation. It's her own fault "she can't win here".

Well yes true, and I'm certainly not defending her.

But I'm not sure our adversarial system would allow anyone on the front benches to reach out and genuinely collaborate. As others have said look what happened to the Lib Dems when they tried it.

Happens behind the scenes though with the all party parliamentary groups.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Help needed: Anyone got any ideas for the Tories? on 09:47 - Jul 11 with 5942 viewsDanTheMan

I sort of disagree.

I'm here, although there is something quite funny about them coming out and saying "we need to stop criticising and and act like adults" after spending a month doing nothing but slagging off the opposition.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024