Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lard. 06:41 - Aug 19 with 5618 viewsBenters

Our local Tescos Express doesnt sell lard anymore becuase its bad for you,well thats what the manager told me this morn.

Yet they sell fags and booze ok.

How does that work then?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Lard. on 06:50 - Aug 19 with 5071 viewsTLA

That made me LOL Benters.

My dad used to eat dripping sarnies - I would say it didn't do him any harm but he did have a massive heart attack at 60 - he's still going strong in his eighties though…

I hope you've got the weather we have - it's a lovely morning in Norfolk.
Lard. on 06:52 - Aug 19 with 5063 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

You shouldn't believe everything you read or are told
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/264155625?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS%20-%20Gr

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Lard. on 06:59 - Aug 19 with 5046 viewsgtsb1966

I do a part time job delivering ingredients for the baking industry. If you saw some of the stuff I deliver you'd never eat cake again. Just one big chemical concoction.
Lard. on 07:04 - Aug 19 with 5023 viewsBenters

Lard. on 06:50 - Aug 19 by TLA

My dad used to eat dripping sarnies - I would say it didn't do him any harm but he did have a massive heart attack at 60 - he's still going strong in his eighties though…

Lovely stuff dripping .

Yeah suns out we have blue skies on the Tendring Peninsula,it looks like it humped down in the night though.

Gentlybentley

Lard. on 07:06 - Aug 19 with 5016 viewsBenters

Lard. on 06:59 - Aug 19 by gtsb1966

I do a part time job delivering ingredients for the baking industry. If you saw some of the stuff I deliver you'd never eat cake again. Just one big chemical concoction.

Lady B makes a beautiful cut and come again fruit cake .

I tend not to eat anything from Greggs if i can help it.

Gentlybentley

Lard. on 07:12 - Aug 19 with 4997 viewsPendejo

Lard. on 06:50 - Aug 19 by TLA

Dripping.

I must admit to the odd finger scoop on the rare occasion that we've had grilled fatty meat, but have never gone as far as the sandwiches of the like you mention and that my father used to indulge in back in the 70s / 80s.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Lard. on 07:13 - Aug 19 with 5000 viewsgtsb1966

Lard. on 07:06 - Aug 19 by Benters

Lady B makes a beautiful cut and come again fruit cake .

I tend not to eat anything from Greggs if i can help it.

Homemade is best. I deliver industrial size blocks of margarine in all different colours which don't need to be stored in a fridge and have a shelf life of about a year!!!! The flavourings are all chemical as are the toppings. Nothing wrong with eating a bit of dripping every now and then . Much healthier than mass produced cakes.
Lard. on 07:20 - Aug 19 with 4977 viewsBenters

Lard. on 07:13 - Aug 19 by gtsb1966

Homemade is best. I deliver industrial size blocks of margarine in all different colours which don't need to be stored in a fridge and have a shelf life of about a year!!!! The flavourings are all chemical as are the toppings. Nothing wrong with eating a bit of dripping every now and then . Much healthier than mass produced cakes.

The way i see it is like this my Grandparents were born in the early 1900's .

They grew all there own veg,had there own chickens and what have you .

I remember going around there as a sprog,and they would get this little pot out of the pantry and it was rammed with dripping.

Grandpa worked in Dedham mill so flour was always available.

They both lived to there 90's .Grandpa died in a pub in Dedham.

Fast forward it now and we are all full of disease and sh1t something aint right.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 7:24]

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Lard. on 07:31 - Aug 19 with 4918 viewsgtsb1966

Lard. on 07:20 - Aug 19 by Benters

The way i see it is like this my Grandparents were born in the early 1900's .

They grew all there own veg,had there own chickens and what have you .

I remember going around there as a sprog,and they would get this little pot out of the pantry and it was rammed with dripping.

Grandpa worked in Dedham mill so flour was always available.

They both lived to there 90's .Grandpa died in a pub in Dedham.

Fast forward it now and we are all full of disease and sh1t something aint right.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 7:24]

My thoughts exactly. We ingest so many chemicals now that our bodies cannot cope with over a long period of time. Alzheimer's disease seems to be affecting people of a much younger age these days and I'm convinced it is to do with the chemicals we are exposed too. Oesophagus cancer numbers have seen the biggest rise in the western world over the last few years due to all the rubbish we shove down our throats. You eat chemicals, drink chemicals, wash in chemicals, breathe in chemicals and even wear chemicals. Something has to give eventually.
Lard. on 07:33 - Aug 19 with 4904 viewsBenters

Lard. on 07:31 - Aug 19 by gtsb1966

My thoughts exactly. We ingest so many chemicals now that our bodies cannot cope with over a long period of time. Alzheimer's disease seems to be affecting people of a much younger age these days and I'm convinced it is to do with the chemicals we are exposed too. Oesophagus cancer numbers have seen the biggest rise in the western world over the last few years due to all the rubbish we shove down our throats. You eat chemicals, drink chemicals, wash in chemicals, breathe in chemicals and even wear chemicals. Something has to give eventually.

Very true ba.

Gentlybentley

Lard. on 08:10 - Aug 19 with 4831 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I reckon he may have been joking...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lard. on 08:21 - Aug 19 with 4811 viewsBenters

Lard. on 08:10 - Aug 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I reckon he may have been joking...

So why dont they sell it then?

Gentlybentley

Lard. on 08:31 - Aug 19 with 4788 viewsJohnhoz

Lard. on 08:21 - Aug 19 by Benters

So why dont they sell it then?

Because of the limited space at many of the Express stores they will only stock the faster moving lines, to maximise profitability. Within their 'fats and butters' section, Lard is probably not up there to be stocked. Larger express stores may stock it, however, as they have more shelf footage.

I'm boring myself now

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Lard. on 08:46 - Aug 19 with 4757 viewsbrogansnose

Lard. on 08:47 - Aug 19 with 4748 viewsfactual_blue

Lard. on 08:31 - Aug 19 by Johnhoz

Because of the limited space at many of the Express stores they will only stock the faster moving lines, to maximise profitability. Within their 'fats and butters' section, Lard is probably not up there to be stocked. Larger express stores may stock it, however, as they have more shelf footage.

I'm boring myself now

So the fastest moving items in the Great Bentley Tesco Express are going to be foods Syrians like?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lard. on 08:50 - Aug 19 with 4739 viewsbrogansnose

Lard. on 08:47 - Aug 19 by factual_blue

So the fastest moving items in the Great Bentley Tesco Express are going to be foods Syrians like?

Those Aleppo chillis fly off the shelves.

Not literally.
Lard. on 09:06 - Aug 19 with 4697 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm boring myself now

Yes, this

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lard. on 09:08 - Aug 19 with 4692 viewsNo9

Yep some of the stuff like 'transfatty acids' are killers
Lard. on 09:42 - Aug 19 with 4638 viewsStokieBlue

Surely it depends where you buy your cake from?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lard. on 09:53 - Aug 19 with 4613 viewsimsureazzure

It is pig fat, what do you reckon is the real reason they don't stock it?
Lard. on 10:34 - Aug 19 with 4541 viewsSarge

Lard. on 09:53 - Aug 19 by imsureazzure

It is pig fat, what do you reckon is the real reason they don't stock it?

Pigs are more generally more healthy these days?
Lard. on 11:13 - Aug 19 with 4501 viewsjaykay

my wife uses lard for baking,we dont use it for frying thou. as kids we had bread and dripping because in the 50s you couldnt afford to waste anything. also i dont think it hurt those who had dripping in those days,because it was the poor manual workers who ate it and burnt the fat away in hard toil.plus the kids burnt it of playing outside and walking miles to school etc.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Lard. on 11:35 - Aug 19 with 4468 viewsjpring89

Turkey Twizlers

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Lard. on 12:00 - Aug 19 with 4443 viewswitchdoctor

Lard. on 08:47 - Aug 19 by factual_blue

zzzzzzzzz....give it a rest you boring git
Lard. on 12:15 - Aug 19 with 4426 viewsBenters

I'm boring myself now

Limited space ?

I reckon if you strapped two packets of fags together they would equal one packet of Lard.

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024