Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something for everyone today 17:24 - Oct 28 with 9992 viewsSteve_M

A poor game between two poor teams for the most part, changed by three decent substitutions and two very good goals. Much of the criticism of MM for piling forwards onto the pitch remains valid but we're regularly beating the poor teams in this division.

Is that enough? Not really but it's a whole lot better than not beating them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Something for everyone today on 17:27 - Oct 28 with 6241 viewsSpruceMoose

I agree. Something for everyone to be angry about today! My prediction for tonight on here? Scenes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Something for everyone today on 17:27 - Oct 28 with 6234 viewsbrogansnose

I'll take the win Steve and move on. We really didn't want those losing stats to get worse.

Hope you had a good day.
Something for everyone today on 17:27 - Oct 28 with 6225 viewsBackToRussia

Was there any good football for people who like that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Something for everyone today on 17:31 - Oct 28 with 6201 viewschristiand

The performance again is dire and getting worse by the week. We seem no further forward in the way we play, that's why we come unstuck against the good sides, look so one dimensional and limited and get away with it with the poorer teams. That surely can't be a recipe for success for the long term?

MM still needs to go, I believe we have good players; need someone that can coach them properly and give the club some playing identity once again. The youth and the U23 sides play a passing style, the first team just lump it and play lots of 'hope' football. Have I got that right?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Something for everyone today on 17:34 - Oct 28 with 6168 viewsHerbivore

Something for everyone today on 17:31 - Oct 28 by christiand

The performance again is dire and getting worse by the week. We seem no further forward in the way we play, that's why we come unstuck against the good sides, look so one dimensional and limited and get away with it with the poorer teams. That surely can't be a recipe for success for the long term?

MM still needs to go, I believe we have good players; need someone that can coach them properly and give the club some playing identity once again. The youth and the U23 sides play a passing style, the first team just lump it and play lots of 'hope' football. Have I got that right?

All youth teams play passing football, it's very different at senior level and the same is true at many clubs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:34 - Oct 28 with 6167 viewsSteve_M

Something for everyone today on 17:27 - Oct 28 by BackToRussia

Was there any good football for people who like that.

Lost signal so that didn't post.

A bit but not a lot. We played better in last two defeats in my opinion.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 17:45]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Something for everyone today on 18:02 - Oct 28 with 6074 viewschristiand

Something for everyone today on 17:34 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

All youth teams play passing football, it's very different at senior level and the same is true at many clubs.

No Herbivore I'm going to completely disagree with you on this regardless of how many times you respond. Most younger sides, in a professional football club, will play in a style in keeping with their own first team or should do. We simply don't. Our first team hasn't got a style, which makes it so difficult for our younger players to adjust because it is so alien to how they are being coached and taught to play. Yes, the coaches in the academy could be the ones that are wrong, as they should be coaching what the first team are doing, but where is the longevity in it? Quite simply there isn't any.

Lets look it at this way, can you imagine our style in the Premier League and surviving? It would be a total embarrassment, if we amassed double figures for points I'd have said we'd had a good season, but relegation would be confirmed by January. Forget the 9-0 drubbing at Manchester United all those years ago, we are so limited in our style of play I could see the top sides scoring 10+ against us. We are style-less, one dimensional and dull- we just don't have any direction. MM can't do it any other way either!

Something for everyone today on 18:05 - Oct 28 with 6051 viewsHerbivore

Something for everyone today on 18:02 - Oct 28 by christiand

No Herbivore I'm going to completely disagree with you on this regardless of how many times you respond. Most younger sides, in a professional football club, will play in a style in keeping with their own first team or should do. We simply don't. Our first team hasn't got a style, which makes it so difficult for our younger players to adjust because it is so alien to how they are being coached and taught to play. Yes, the coaches in the academy could be the ones that are wrong, as they should be coaching what the first team are doing, but where is the longevity in it? Quite simply there isn't any.

Lets look it at this way, can you imagine our style in the Premier League and surviving? It would be a total embarrassment, if we amassed double figures for points I'd have said we'd had a good season, but relegation would be confirmed by January. Forget the 9-0 drubbing at Manchester United all those years ago, we are so limited in our style of play I could see the top sides scoring 10+ against us. We are style-less, one dimensional and dull- we just don't have any direction. MM can't do it any other way either!

Which other sides youth teams have you been watching in order to inform your view in that first paragraph, mate? Did you watch the England u17s today? Very different from the senior team because youth football is a very different beast from senior football. You do love a rant though, so crack on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Something for everyone today on 18:17 - Oct 28 with 6012 viewschristiand

Something for everyone today on 18:05 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Which other sides youth teams have you been watching in order to inform your view in that first paragraph, mate? Did you watch the England u17s today? Very different from the senior team because youth football is a very different beast from senior football. You do love a rant though, so crack on.

I find your blind loyalty towards MM rather amusing you clearly aren't much of a fan of the club if you are satisfied with what is currently being served up? I'd suggest you take your head out of the 'blue bubble' you obviously surround yourself with and take a look at other clubs and ones that do it well. Just for your information, that's 'NOT' ITFC Herbivore you might have to look a little further afield.

Most of the good sides around the world, encourage their younger sides to play in the same way as the first team, they also coach their players to have a good understanding of their role and what's expected of them in that position. This then allows players to easily slip into that system, it's not rocket science. Oh, on the England aspect, I suggest you do a bit of research on the England DNA on the FA website that might also help to clear the muddy waters for you too!

You never know Herbivore, you might come back with a more educated opinion, but I'm not holding my breath.

Something for everyone today on 18:28 - Oct 28 with 5981 viewsVaughan8

Maybe this has been discussed but why was Bru brought in as the first sub? Seemed to be out the picture, now ahead of the other subs?
Something for everyone today on 18:29 - Oct 28 with 5978 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Something for everyone today on 18:17 - Oct 28 by christiand

I find your blind loyalty towards MM rather amusing you clearly aren't much of a fan of the club if you are satisfied with what is currently being served up? I'd suggest you take your head out of the 'blue bubble' you obviously surround yourself with and take a look at other clubs and ones that do it well. Just for your information, that's 'NOT' ITFC Herbivore you might have to look a little further afield.

Most of the good sides around the world, encourage their younger sides to play in the same way as the first team, they also coach their players to have a good understanding of their role and what's expected of them in that position. This then allows players to easily slip into that system, it's not rocket science. Oh, on the England aspect, I suggest you do a bit of research on the England DNA on the FA website that might also help to clear the muddy waters for you too!

You never know Herbivore, you might come back with a more educated opinion, but I'm not holding my breath.

‘Blind loyalty towards MM’

Says the person showing blind hatred following a victory

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Something for everyone today on 18:35 - Oct 28 with 5943 viewsWestSussexBlue

Something for everyone today on 17:31 - Oct 28 by christiand

I would say you have got that spot on, the only thing I would add is we also lack someone who is Town through and through.
Something for everyone today on 18:39 - Oct 28 with 5924 viewschristiand

Something for everyone today on 18:29 - Oct 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Blind loyalty towards MM’

Says the person showing blind hatred following a victory

Oh sorry you’re part of that little gaggle that believes everything is ticking along nicely at the club and no one is entitled to an opposing view. Dear me, if we hadn’t scraped a win today with Celina’s late finish, I doubt you’d be on here tonight. Your in the minority that believe everything is fine, after our terrific drumming of a side that is in the bottom 3, not won in 5 and not scored in any of those games either. So much to be encouraged about going forwards!?

Something for everyone today on 18:40 - Oct 28 with 5920 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Something for everyone today on 18:39 - Oct 28 by christiand

Oh sorry you’re part of that little gaggle that believes everything is ticking along nicely at the club and no one is entitled to an opposing view. Dear me, if we hadn’t scraped a win today with Celina’s late finish, I doubt you’d be on here tonight. Your in the minority that believe everything is fine, after our terrific drumming of a side that is in the bottom 3, not won in 5 and not scored in any of those games either. So much to be encouraged about going forwards!?

I don’t believe everything is fine, I just find it quite funny that you’re getting so worked up after a game we won

Something for everyone today on 18:45 - Oct 28 with 5898 viewschristiand

Something for everyone today on 18:40 - Oct 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t believe everything is fine, I just find it quite funny that you’re getting so worked up after a game we won

I’m just disappointed that we continue to play poorly, yet again this season, then are meant to be happy we’ve got 3 points by scraping a win. We just aren’t making any headway under MM, that’s the frustrating part from my point of view.

Something for everyone today on 18:50 - Oct 28 with 5879 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't know of one person to whom your opening sentence applies - so if you're trying to use such gross exaggeration to enhance your point you should probably be aware that you're in fact weakening it grievously.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Something for everyone today on 18:55 - Oct 28 with 5860 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Something for everyone today on 18:45 - Oct 28 by christiand

I’m just disappointed that we continue to play poorly, yet again this season, then are meant to be happy we’ve got 3 points by scraping a win. We just aren’t making any headway under MM, that’s the frustrating part from my point of view.

Which is fine - but the tone of some of your earlier posts sounded like you’d worked yourself into a frenzy on a day on which we took 3 points

FWIW I think the problems at the club lay above Mick and that he’s generally done an excellent job given the constraints he’s under, but did feel the Summer was probably the right time for him to move on

Something for everyone today on 19:03 - Oct 28 with 5836 viewschristiand

Something for everyone today on 18:55 - Oct 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Which is fine - but the tone of some of your earlier posts sounded like you’d worked yourself into a frenzy on a day on which we took 3 points

FWIW I think the problems at the club lay above Mick and that he’s generally done an excellent job given the constraints he’s under, but did feel the Summer was probably the right time for him to move on

There is without doubt blame above MM, but the manager is solely responsible in the way we play, manner and team selection. The way we have played more recently has been really disappointing and it does seem we are reverting back to last season when substance is the most important issue.

Something for everyone today on 19:04 - Oct 28 with 5830 viewschristiand

Something for everyone today on 18:50 - Oct 28 by SomethingBlue

I don't know of one person to whom your opening sentence applies - so if you're trying to use such gross exaggeration to enhance your point you should probably be aware that you're in fact weakening it grievously.

Perhaps read the posts more carefully Something Blue there is clearly a divide.

Something for everyone today on 19:07 - Oct 28 with 5819 viewsLeoMuff

Well it’s very certainly not as bad as your daft posts make out, if we win our game in hand and find ourselves in the top six what then, continue blabbing on about going backwards ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Something for everyone today on 19:10 - Oct 28 with 5807 viewsSomethingBlue

Something for everyone today on 19:04 - Oct 28 by christiand

Perhaps read the posts more carefully Something Blue there is clearly a divide.

There might be a divide — but there is nobody who fits your opening sentence. Do better, please.

Something for everyone today on 19:15 - Oct 28 with 5785 viewschristiand

Something for everyone today on 19:07 - Oct 28 by LeoMuff

Well it’s very certainly not as bad as your daft posts make out, if we win our game in hand and find ourselves in the top six what then, continue blabbing on about going backwards ?

That’s the problem on here people don’t like it when others go against their own views. I’m calling it how I see it, if you don’t like it that’s fine but it’s a forum it’s about giving your opinion. You’ve got yours, I’ve got mine.

Let’s look at the facts, today we have beaten a side not won in 5 matches and not scored in any of those games, who find themselves in the bottom 3 - we weren’t convincing by any means. We had lost 7 of our last 9 and then you’d expect us to beat Derby who are on a terrific run? Get real because we’ve won today does not make everything suddenly ok. I’m sure you’ll come back with something equally daft to oppose my post.

Something for everyone today on 19:17 - Oct 28 with 5777 viewschristiand

Something for everyone today on 19:10 - Oct 28 by SomethingBlue

There might be a divide — but there is nobody who fits your opening sentence. Do better, please.

Of course there is, you’re just in complete denial if you think otherwise.

Something for everyone today on 19:17 - Oct 28 with 5777 viewsSomethingBlue

Something for everyone today on 19:15 - Oct 28 by christiand

That’s the problem on here people don’t like it when others go against their own views. I’m calling it how I see it, if you don’t like it that’s fine but it’s a forum it’s about giving your opinion. You’ve got yours, I’ve got mine.

Let’s look at the facts, today we have beaten a side not won in 5 matches and not scored in any of those games, who find themselves in the bottom 3 - we weren’t convincing by any means. We had lost 7 of our last 9 and then you’d expect us to beat Derby who are on a terrific run? Get real because we’ve won today does not make everything suddenly ok. I’m sure you’ll come back with something equally daft to oppose my post.

Now, what you've done here is assume that if people don't take your view they must think everything at the club is unquestionably perfect and rosy. Can't you see that you've done that? You're not looking especially bright here.

Something for everyone today on 19:19 - Oct 28 with 5762 viewsSomethingBlue

Something for everyone today on 19:17 - Oct 28 by christiand

Of course there is, you’re just in complete denial if you think otherwise.

Show me someone who thinks that. Just one. Name and shame!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024