Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today 23:20 - Oct 28 with 11144 viewsMrFarmercist

"Your football is sh*t" when the team is busting a gut to get back into a tight game. These people should be stopped at the Suffolk border.
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 23:23 - Oct 28 with 7550 viewsstantheman

Quite right. Why go if you are not going to support your team, whatever you think of the manager.
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 23:26 - Oct 28 with 7529 viewsPlums

They were factually correct but there is a time and a place...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 23:35 - Oct 28 with 7486 viewsBackToRussia

Tbh if you've gone to Burton on a disgusting autumn day you can sing whatever the fook you please.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 23:37 - Oct 28 with 7473 viewsSuperfrans

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 23:35 - Oct 28 by BackToRussia

Tbh if you've gone to Burton on a disgusting autumn day you can sing whatever the fook you please.

Doesn’t make it sensible though. It’s pretty bl00dy stupid.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 23:40 - Oct 28 with 7453 viewsBackToRussia

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 23:37 - Oct 28 by Superfrans

Doesn’t make it sensible though. It’s pretty bl00dy stupid.

It's absurdly stupid. I thoroughly recommend staying warm at home instead, or going for a walk if you're feeling adventurous.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 00:44 - Oct 29 with 7308 viewsblaggers

Let's be honest here - I was there and there were pockets of fans singing anti-MM songs, it was certainly not unanimous across the travelling fans. We were bad today, certainly not Lincoln-bad, but bad enough. The conditions were terrible, and the team/tactics weren't brilliant either. However, we dug ourselves out of a hole, like we tend to do a lot these days. You cannot fault the players' efforts at all, not for one minute. If you sing songs against your own club, you undermine the players' efforts, and it's counter-productive. By all means have your say here or on social media, but do try and encourage the team, especially if you've travelled all that way.

Poll: What happens next?

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 03:36 - Oct 29 with 7103 viewsPendejo

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 23:35 - Oct 28 by BackToRussia

Disgusting day? Define. I got a touch of sunburn second half.

Haven't read all posts on matter, but a group to the right of me sang "it's only 1 nil" one of the times the anti mm songs were sung. As we won I reckon they had a point.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 05:25 - Oct 29 with 7018 viewsGuthrum

Hard to argue with them, tho. The first half was abominable, more jarringly uncoordinated than a 1980s fashion statement.

Every single pass, clearance or header was going to a yellow shirt, which was then able to gallop with impunity through our defence. Thank goodness Burton lacked any kind of finisher. A real shambles.

Not that I'm in favour of such songs. However, fan morale is very fragile at the moment.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 05:27 - Oct 29 with 7008 viewsGuthrum

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 03:36 - Oct 29 by Pendejo

Disgusting day? Define. I got a touch of sunburn second half.

Haven't read all posts on matter, but a group to the right of me sang "it's only 1 nil" one of the times the anti mm songs were sung. As we won I reckon they had a point.

Sorry I missed seeing you. But I agree, it was a pleasant afternoon, weather wise.

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 05:29 - Oct 29 with 7009 viewsGuthrum

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 00:44 - Oct 29 by blaggers

Let's be honest here - I was there and there were pockets of fans singing anti-MM songs, it was certainly not unanimous across the travelling fans. We were bad today, certainly not Lincoln-bad, but bad enough. The conditions were terrible, and the team/tactics weren't brilliant either. However, we dug ourselves out of a hole, like we tend to do a lot these days. You cannot fault the players' efforts at all, not for one minute. If you sing songs against your own club, you undermine the players' efforts, and it's counter-productive. By all means have your say here or on social media, but do try and encourage the team, especially if you've travelled all that way.

Bialkowski did not look at all impressed with the fan reaction at half time.

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 07:13 - Oct 29 with 6859 viewslazyblue

It is juvenile and if mick had his first choice midfield fit(Huws/Dozzell etc) we would see a different game.
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 07:18 - Oct 29 with 6841 viewstextbackup

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 07:13 - Oct 29 by lazyblue

It is juvenile and if mick had his first choice midfield fit(Huws/Dozzell etc) we would see a different game.

yeah because they'd 100% be in that midfield ahead of skuse wouldn't they...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 07:45 - Oct 29 with 6753 viewsPendejo

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 05:27 - Oct 29 by Guthrum

Sorry I missed seeing you. But I agree, it was a pleasant afternoon, weather wise.

Apologies for not meeting up with you guys.

I parked at the Pirelli offices and there was a handily placed pub there, and once on the terrace couldn't be bothered wandering out again. Mach came and hunted me down, which was appreciated as I haven't seen him for ages.

Need to see McCarthy Era as I have had the contract drawn up for static home delivery - the overgrown area where the Pimball Wizard Executive Caravan is currently sited.

I think my next Game is Reading in December @ PR.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:09 - Oct 29 with 6621 viewsPJH

Exactly right.
There was a small pocket of those people near me and there anti MM singing was even more slurred in the second half than in the first, can't think why.

It looks like we are again heading into a spell where any points the team get will be despite the "support" of some and not because of it.

I cannot understand why anyone should chant negatively about the team that they claim to support anyway but to travel to do it makes even less sense.
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:19 - Oct 29 with 6553 viewsMullet

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:09 - Oct 29 by PJH

Exactly right.
There was a small pocket of those people near me and there anti MM singing was even more slurred in the second half than in the first, can't think why.

It looks like we are again heading into a spell where any points the team get will be despite the "support" of some and not because of it.

I cannot understand why anyone should chant negatively about the team that they claim to support anyway but to travel to do it makes even less sense.

It was fairly petty and childish, the only thing I didn't like was one kid just shouting the word "c$%t" repeatedly, although I'm guessing the steward had a word from I could gather.

But, it was just under the surface before kick off let alone when the game got going and was so abysmal. You could see a number of players getting pissed off as the game went on with it too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Embarrassing Away on 08:19 - Oct 29 with 6551 viewsBluebell

^ This ^

We were in the seated area and to watch and listen to some of the fans singing their anti-Mick songs during the game was dreadful.

The football wasn't good but those songs must affect the players. Imagine if you were trying your best at work and someone was standing over you criticising everything you did.

The players are not to blame. We know that most of them can play excellent football but those songs must really put them off.

By all means sing the songs at the end of the game (if you feel that strongly) or stop going to games.
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:40 - Oct 29 with 6475 viewsGuthrum

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 07:18 - Oct 29 by textbackup

yeah because they'd 100% be in that midfield ahead of skuse wouldn't they...

Skuse was one of the better players yesterday.

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:49 - Oct 29 with 6411 viewsblue75

From everything I’ve read they had a point the football was sh1t!! I didn’t read that they were singing anti player songs or anti club songs, so I’m guessing that there where chants for players and club? Just not the idiot who manages them when was the last time his name was sung at a game?

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:49 - Oct 29 with 6408 viewsPJH

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:40 - Oct 29 by Guthrum

Skuse was one of the better players yesterday.

He usually is but never will be for some on here.
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:53 - Oct 29 with 6394 viewsPJH

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:19 - Oct 29 by Mullet

It was fairly petty and childish, the only thing I didn't like was one kid just shouting the word "c$%t" repeatedly, although I'm guessing the steward had a word from I could gather.

But, it was just under the surface before kick off let alone when the game got going and was so abysmal. You could see a number of players getting pissed off as the game went on with it too.

It was similar to Wigan away last season when we won despite what some "fans" were chanting.
It might even bring the players closer together but they should not have to be playing against an element of their own "support".
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 09:20 - Oct 29 with 6300 viewsJohnny_Boy

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 08:19 - Oct 29 by Mullet

But this also happened under the tenure of Jim, Keane & PJ.
I'm sure some posters that now seem horrified at the abuse of MM, certainly did similar under one of the previous managers.

I witnessed fights between NSL fans because of Roy.

You make it sound like this is a new thing.
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 09:23 - Oct 29 with 6286 viewsMullet

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 09:20 - Oct 29 by Johnny_Boy

I'm sure some posters that now seem horrified at the abuse of MM, certainly did similar under one of the previous managers.

I think you've just invented something to talk about a point I didn't make.

The abuse of Jewell and Keane was nothing on this scale, it's weekly and incessant and has been for way too long from a place much higher than either of those managed.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Embarrassing Away on 09:28 - Oct 29 with 6269 viewsJohnny_Boy

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 09:23 - Oct 29 by Mullet

I think you've just invented something to talk about a point I didn't make.

The abuse of Jewell and Keane was nothing on this scale, it's weekly and incessant and has been for way too long from a place much higher than either of those managed.

Wow. Blinkers.

There was a banner with Jim Out put up during a game when we were losing, then hastily removed when we took the lead. This went on for the 90mins.

The Barnsley comeback under Jewell was another one. He was getting pelters at half-time.
We pulled it back - much to the annoyance of others.

Unless you are suggesting I made it up?

Talk about fans being devisive of each other. Blimey.

[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 9:31]
Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 09:28 - Oct 29 with 6259 viewsblaggers

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 09:20 - Oct 29 by Johnny_Boy

You're right, and it's relative. The people bitching about MM forget too quickly how truly awful were under PJ and Keane. I think, to be fair the quality of the football is probably as bad now as then, but we grind out more results. Fans are bored of mid-table mediocrity, and that's despite of our budget, players, and current status as a club. There's a sense of boredom about us, and a few fans naively think that a new manager will reverse the trend of the last 10 years with the current playing budget. Most people accept that won't change without significant investment, which isn't coming, so neither are the fans. How MM can be expected to polish turds all the time is beyond me. Spence played just like what he was yesterday, a lower league full back.

Poll: What happens next?

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 09:31 - Oct 29 with 6216 viewsnoggin

Embarrassing Away "Support" Today on 09:28 - Oct 29 by blaggers

You're right, and it's relative. The people bitching about MM forget too quickly how truly awful were under PJ and Keane. I think, to be fair the quality of the football is probably as bad now as then, but we grind out more results. Fans are bored of mid-table mediocrity, and that's despite of our budget, players, and current status as a club. There's a sense of boredom about us, and a few fans naively think that a new manager will reverse the trend of the last 10 years with the current playing budget. Most people accept that won't change without significant investment, which isn't coming, so neither are the fans. How MM can be expected to polish turds all the time is beyond me. Spence played just like what he was yesterday, a lower league full back.

Being a football fan is all about hopes and dreams. Ipswich fans have lost that and they may never return. Sad sad times.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024