Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting Father Christmas wrong? 15:18 - Jan 2 with 2557 viewsartsbossbeard

As a lad, FC delivered everything.

My brother & I would go to bed and magically when we awoke on Christmas Day morning, ALL the presents were present (bad pun intended) and correct under the tree.

However, Father Christmas does it very differently in Mrs Beard's family as all the big Christmas presents are already put under the tree by the giver with FC delivering a stocking full of treats into the bedroom which, IMHO, barely makes it worth Santa's time & effort. Madness.

I've put up with this for 20yrs now and I'm claiming a full shift from Father Christmas for 2018.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 15:21 - Jan 2 with 2537 viewsSteve_M

I'm with Mrs Beard on this one: big presents from family, additional more random ones from Father Christmas.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 15:24 - Jan 2 with 2509 viewsartsbossbeard

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 15:21 - Jan 2 by Steve_M

I'm with Mrs Beard on this one: big presents from family, additional more random ones from Father Christmas.

Hmmm..maybe I'm asking too much from the big man, then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 15:34 - Jan 2 with 2470 viewsnoggin

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 15:24 - Jan 2 by artsbossbeard

Hmmm..maybe I'm asking too much from the big man, then.

Imagine being a child in a poor family and hearing that FC brought an Ipad for your friend and you got a sweater from Primark.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 15:55 - Jan 2 with 2420 viewsipswich78

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 15:34 - Jan 2 by noggin

Imagine being a child in a poor family and hearing that FC brought an Ipad for your friend and you got a sweater from Primark.

That's a very good way of thinking about it. Christmas is wonderful if you have the money, but it must be horrible for parents who can barely scrape by - trying to keep up with the Jones etc.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 15:56]

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 16:45 - Jan 2 with 2342 viewsPlums

Me too. I don’t want to flog myself throughout the year for old beardy to get the credit.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 16:48 - Jan 2 with 2338 viewsDeano69

20 years? How many more 'believers' are there to go?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:04 - Jan 2 with 2303 viewsHerbivore

'Big' presents always had labels on saying who they were from but like fck were they already under the tree, family sent them up to FC who delivered them all (along with a stocking from him) on Xmas night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:07 - Jan 2 with 2297 viewsCBBlue

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:04 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

'Big' presents always had labels on saying who they were from but like fck were they already under the tree, family sent them up to FC who delivered them all (along with a stocking from him) on Xmas night.

That's exactly what we do, family buy, wrap and label the big presents and then send them to Father Christmas to look after. He'll then deliver them on xmas eve along with one present from him and a stocking filled with toot for the bedroom.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Login to get fewer ads

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:11 - Jan 2 with 2284 viewsDubtractor

Yep, that is how I always had it as a kid in the 80s.

Parents need to get some credit out of the whole sham surely?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:12 - Jan 2 with 2282 viewsHerbivore

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:07 - Jan 2 by CBBlue

That's exactly what we do, family buy, wrap and label the big presents and then send them to Father Christmas to look after. He'll then deliver them on xmas eve along with one present from him and a stocking filled with toot for the bedroom.

This is the correct way.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:37 - Jan 2 with 2236 viewsLord_Lucan

The lazy b4stard should put them at the end of the bed.

Anyhoo, Mark Carman told me that he didn't exist when I was 5, I then asked my Mum for Santa assurance and she simply replied "Oh well, you had to find out at some time".

Looking back she could have just said that Mark Carman was a w4anker and let me believe for a couple more years.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:38 - Jan 2 with 2228 viewsNewcyBlue

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 17:37 - Jan 2 by Lord_Lucan

The lazy b4stard should put them at the end of the bed.

Anyhoo, Mark Carman told me that he didn't exist when I was 5, I then asked my Mum for Santa assurance and she simply replied "Oh well, you had to find out at some time".

Looking back she could have just said that Mark Carman was a w4anker and let me believe for a couple more years.

Mark Carman is a w@nker

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Getting Father Christmas wrong? on 18:18 - Jan 2 with 2185 viewsBloomBlue

You obviously need to buy a house that has a chimney, he wouldn't need to deliver early then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024