Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you NHS paramedics. 00:19 - Mar 3 with 4424 viewsjpring89

I know the NHS get a lot of stick. But my experience today was first class. My daughter has had 3 massive nose bleeds today and the last most worrying as she seemed very dopey. So I thought as a precaution phoned 111 and asked for advise. Before I knew it an emergency ambulance was being sent out to try and get to us baring in mind most roads in my area are virtually impassable because of the weather. They were here in about 7 and a half minutes.
Thankfully my daughter is all well and good and have been reassured about her situation. Just thought I would share something positive about this wonderful service we have and must maintain something which makes our country a class above.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 00:35 - Mar 3 with 4373 viewsNewcyBlue

Glad your daughter is ok mate.

Have a good weekend.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 00:45 - Mar 3 with 4364 viewsCoastalblue

They most definitely do an incredible job and if wasn't for an amazing response time and treatment I'd have been lowered into the ground in a wooden box over 5 years ago.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 01:20 - Mar 3 with 4327 viewsHARRY10

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 00:45 - Mar 3 by Coastalblue

They most definitely do an incredible job and if wasn't for an amazing response time and treatment I'd have been lowered into the ground in a wooden box over 5 years ago.

It is only those with another agenda who constantly snipe at the NHS.

As well as the great job the do (see OP), it is extreme,y gratifying to know that there are folk in the world who are not motivated simply by money.

Whatever your political views this is something we must fight to keep, as it treats, and is staffed by, all political views - something that does unite us all.
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 01:34 - Mar 3 with 4315 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Great to hear. The critiscm that the NHS get is hard for me to fathom, it really is.

Poll: Best Football Song

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 02:52 - Mar 3 with 4288 viewsIllinoisblue

Trust me, as someone who works with hospitals here in the US, the NHS is a bloody marvelous institution. Don’t let anybody run it down or try and knock it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 07:29 - Mar 3 with 4188 viewsfactual_blue

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 02:52 - Mar 3 by Illinoisblue

Trust me, as someone who works with hospitals here in the US, the NHS is a bloody marvelous institution. Don’t let anybody run it down or try and knock it.

When in Shenandoah National Park a couple of years ago I spotted a staff memo pinned on the wall behind the cash desk in the shop. It told staff that if a child was injured in the park they were to call an ambulance and were NOT to check if the child's parents had medical cover or a credit card.

The yanks Mrs Factual worked with split in two camps: the white guys didn't see why they should have to subsidise the poor, who were by inference lazy scroungers. The suggestion that 'doesn't the fact that they're still human beings matter?' would be met with confused glances as though she were speaking Martian.

The black guys didn't think like that, because of course they knew 'poor' was a code word for 'black'.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2018 9:21]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 08:18 - Mar 3 with 4111 viewsvapour_trail

Pleased she is ok mate.

My boy has had some challenges this past few months which has involved a fair few ambulances and trips to hospital and I’m with you, the service is stacked full of people who really care about what they’re doing.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 08:26 - Mar 3 with 4101 viewssparks

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 01:20 - Mar 3 by HARRY10

It is only those with another agenda who constantly snipe at the NHS.

As well as the great job the do (see OP), it is extreme,y gratifying to know that there are folk in the world who are not motivated simply by money.

Whatever your political views this is something we must fight to keep, as it treats, and is staffed by, all political views - something that does unite us all.

Is this not a massive straw man?

I dont hear people routinely criticising the people or efforts of the NHS...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 08:46 - Mar 3 with 4063 viewsHARRY10

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 01:34 - Mar 3 by RoyKeanesDog

Great to hear. The critiscm that the NHS get is hard for me to fathom, it really is.

It is nothing more than trying to 'soften it up' so as to be sold (privatised).

Check where the criticism is coming from, and it's not those who have recently used it, or have family and friends who have used it either.

And when you have children the concern is even greater as all too often there is little you can do, but be eternally grateful that w still see this as a very high priority.

I don't doubt there are caring folk all over the world, so perhaps we should defend this service to ensure we have something where that care and service is still available.

That means hitting back at those who with mealy mouthed words see this as little more than something to exploit financially. And hitting back at those who do the dirty work for them by the constant drip drip of misrepresentation.

Because the world would be a lot better place if we had more folk with the attitude of nursing staff and less (none) with the parasitical attitude of estate agents.

Rant over.
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 08:46 - Mar 3 with 4061 viewssparks

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 08:46 - Mar 3 by HARRY10

It is nothing more than trying to 'soften it up' so as to be sold (privatised).

Check where the criticism is coming from, and it's not those who have recently used it, or have family and friends who have used it either.

And when you have children the concern is even greater as all too often there is little you can do, but be eternally grateful that w still see this as a very high priority.

I don't doubt there are caring folk all over the world, so perhaps we should defend this service to ensure we have something where that care and service is still available.

That means hitting back at those who with mealy mouthed words see this as little more than something to exploit financially. And hitting back at those who do the dirty work for them by the constant drip drip of misrepresentation.

Because the world would be a lot better place if we had more folk with the attitude of nursing staff and less (none) with the parasitical attitude of estate agents.

Rant over.

Thats just made up.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:08 - Mar 3 with 4010 viewsSlartibartfast

Bad nosebleeds are a severe problem. Had similar experience with my late father and he had to be taken in. Paramedics were superb. Glad you`re daughter is OK.
I think most of the criticism is not directed at the front line staff tbh, more at the bureaucracy, which is deemed ( rightly or wrongly ) in some parts to inefficient, for want of a better word.
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:09 - Mar 3 with 4008 viewsfactual_blue

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 08:18 - Mar 3 by vapour_trail

Pleased she is ok mate.

My boy has had some challenges this past few months which has involved a fair few ambulances and trips to hospital and I’m with you, the service is stacked full of people who really care about what they’re doing.

..who are, sadly, responsible to self-serving tories who want only to cut taxes for their rich mates.

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:37 - Mar 3 with 3971 viewsmanchego

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:09 - Mar 3 by factual_blue

..who are, sadly, responsible to self-serving tories who want only to cut taxes for their rich mates.

John Redwood in the Guardian

"Many leave voters just want to exit and get on with spending all the money we will save once properly out. I agree with them that we do need to spend more on the NHS, our education system and other public services, and the easiest way to pay for all that will be from the savings in EU contributions."

Lying like King Liar on the feast of Saint Liars Day.

It would have been really easy to give the DUP's billion quid to the NHS wouldn't it ?
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 3955 viewsfactual_blue

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:37 - Mar 3 by manchego

John Redwood in the Guardian

"Many leave voters just want to exit and get on with spending all the money we will save once properly out. I agree with them that we do need to spend more on the NHS, our education system and other public services, and the easiest way to pay for all that will be from the savings in EU contributions."

Lying like King Liar on the feast of Saint Liars Day.

It would have been really easy to give the DUP's billion quid to the NHS wouldn't it ?

Absolutely. Any 'brexit dividend' will be eaten up by farming subsidies.

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:49 - Mar 3 with 3947 viewsGollum

Shame this good thread has descended into the usual political point scoring.
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:50 - Mar 3 with 3941 viewsNo9

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:47 - Mar 3 by factual_blue

Absolutely. Any 'brexit dividend' will be eaten up by farming subsidies.

Farming subsidies are just the tip of the 'give away' iceberg
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:51 - Mar 3 with 3935 viewsNo9

We all need to be thankful for the NHS
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 10:55 - Mar 3 with 3869 viewsFtnfwest

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 09:49 - Mar 3 by Gollum

Shame this good thread has descended into the usual political point scoring.

and beyond in places. Not worth getting involved with
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 10:57 - Mar 3 with 3864 viewsBenters2

Amen to that.
Thank you NHS paramedics. on 13:03 - Mar 3 with 3789 viewsLeoMuff

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 08:26 - Mar 3 by sparks

Is this not a massive straw man?

I dont hear people routinely criticising the people or efforts of the NHS...

Really, there is a daily bash the NHS article in the daily mail, and as someone who works in healthcare those articles are repeated back to you frequently.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 16:04 - Mar 3 with 3729 viewsBlueBadger

Thank you NHS paramedics. on 13:03 - Mar 3 by LeoMuff

Really, there is a daily bash the NHS article in the daily mail, and as someone who works in healthcare those articles are repeated back to you frequently.

Theres always the more pernicious 'we're looking to deliver quality and value for money' before doing something which invariably does the opposite.

See also: the 2012 Health and Social Care Act.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024