Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately 13:19 - Apr 15 with 8753 viewsIllinoisblue

Stumbled across London Has Fallen last night. Load of toss.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 13:20 - Apr 15 with 5699 viewsSomethingBlue

Watched that on a long bus journey in Argentina last year, it was the only option. Utter, utter dross.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 13:22 - Apr 15 with 5703 viewsLord_Lucan

Last night I watch a truly awful film, I knew it was awful quite soon in but you get to the point when you have to keep going.

Wakefield.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 13:47 - Apr 15 with 5644 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Arrival.

Steaming pile of tedium dressed up as some sort of faux intellectualism. Dolly 3.0 recommended it on here which, having now seen it, makes sense.
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 14:39 - Apr 15 with 5546 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Mrs BBM watched Ghost Stories last week and described it as "One of the worst films I've seen in my entire life. It was supposed to be terrifying...it was terrifyingly <bleep> and the fact that I paid £12 to watch this only served to add insult to injury"

I am of the opinion that she wasn't overly keen on the movie...
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 15:25 - Apr 15 with 5498 viewsfactual_blue

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 14:39 - Apr 15 by Bad_Boy_Mark

Mrs BBM watched Ghost Stories last week and described it as "One of the worst films I've seen in my entire life. It was supposed to be terrifying...it was terrifyingly <bleep> and the fact that I paid £12 to watch this only served to add insult to injury"

I am of the opinion that she wasn't overly keen on the movie...

I didn't think it was too bad, but I paid £12 less than your good lady.

I've heard nothing but bad reports of A Quiet Place. Typical description 'the only character you care about gets killed near the start, so there's no point in watching the rest'.

(Apologies if that constitutes a spoiler)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:07 - Apr 15 with 5447 viewsDubtractor

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 13:20 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

Watched that on a long bus journey in Argentina last year, it was the only option. Utter, utter dross.

It is sort of entertainingly bad though.

I mean it is so, so, mind meltingly bad that I appreciated it as a comedy.

I watched Legend of Tarzan last weekend - awful.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:14 - Apr 15 with 5429 viewsWarhurst

Open House. One of those netflix originals, a horror film which is incredibly tedious and then the climax is vague and unfulfilling
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:20 - Apr 15 with 5424 viewsPendejo

I get up at 03:15 on work days and quite often switch the kitchen TV to Freeview 70 for the Horror Channel... there's some seriously rubbish films at that time of the morning. I haven't managed more than 10 minutes of any of them.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:28 - Apr 15 with 5407 viewsjas0999

I quite liked it. Unbelievable yes. But nonetheless didn’t have to think too hard. Easy watch.
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:31 - Apr 15 with 5400 viewsWarkystache

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:28 - Apr 15 by jas0999

I quite liked it. Unbelievable yes. But nonetheless didn’t have to think too hard. Easy watch.

I watched The Last Jedi the other day. Thank f*ck I only rented it.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:42 - Apr 15 with 5382 viewsIpswichKnight

Bad Education the movie, possibly one of the worse movies ever made.
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:50 - Apr 15 with 5354 viewsSuperfrans

I’ve just finished watching Spotlight this afternoon. Not the worst film ever of course, but I’d be interested to hear of anyone has watched it and what they thought. Of course, it’s an appalling/incredible story, but given the subject matter surprisingly unengaging. I thought I’d come out of it feeling emotionally drained, but it just was too sterile a movie for that.

An incredible story told in fairly pedestrian style imho.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:55 - Apr 15 with 5346 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:50 - Apr 15 by Superfrans

I’ve just finished watching Spotlight this afternoon. Not the worst film ever of course, but I’d be interested to hear of anyone has watched it and what they thought. Of course, it’s an appalling/incredible story, but given the subject matter surprisingly unengaging. I thought I’d come out of it feeling emotionally drained, but it just was too sterile a movie for that.

Sounds depressing. I never seem to think “god I’m bored enough to watch a film about kiddie fiddlers”
Rubbish films you’ve watched latelys on 16:57 - Apr 15 with 5340 viewsSuperfrans

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:55 - Apr 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Sounds depressing. I never seem to think “god I’m bored enough to watch a film about kiddie fiddlers”

It won the Oscar for Best film, so comes pretty highly recommended.

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:59 - Apr 15 with 5334 viewsNorthstaNder

The Last Jedi. Load of codswallop.

Loved the original three and the Force Awakens. Last Jedi was a massive letdown.
Rubbish films you’ve watched latelys on 17:11 - Apr 15 with 5314 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Rubbish films you’ve watched latelys on 16:57 - Apr 15 by Superfrans

It won the Oscar for Best film, so comes pretty highly recommended.

and for best screenplay. I don’t think I would like the subject matter though, that’s all.

I’m surprised you thought it slow though considering it won best screenplay
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 17:22 - Apr 15 with 5294 viewsChiefXL

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 16:50 - Apr 15 by Superfrans

I thought it was brilliant
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 17:23 - Apr 15 with 5291 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 15:25 - Apr 15 by factual_blue

I didn't think it was too bad, but I paid £12 less than your good lady.

I've heard nothing but bad reports of A Quiet Place. Typical description 'the only character you care about gets killed near the start, so there's no point in watching the rest'.

(Apologies if that constitutes a spoiler)

I think you got the better deal with your free ticket

Mrs BBM and our niece watched it together and they were both of the same opinion...

On the plus side, I recently watched Death Wish with Bruce Willis and thought it was an excellent watch!
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 17:24 - Apr 15 with 5290 viewsChiefXL

Someone mentioned Netflix original movies so in that context I'd nominate The Cloverfield Paradox.

Also I thought Ex Machina was awful.
Rubbish films you’ve watched latelys on 17:37 - Apr 15 with 5267 viewsSuperfrans

Rubbish films you’ve watched latelys on 17:11 - Apr 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

and for best screenplay. I don’t think I would like the subject matter though, that’s all.

I’m surprised you thought it slow though considering it won best screenplay

Very wordy, but not especially outstanding. I didnt mean it was very slow, just didnt really grab me. I just thought, as an Oscar winner, it would be better.

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 17:38 - Apr 15 with 5260 viewsSuperfrans

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 17:24 - Apr 15 by ChiefXL

Someone mentioned Netflix original movies so in that context I'd nominate The Cloverfield Paradox.

Also I thought Ex Machina was awful.

You see, now I really liked Ex Machina.

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 17:40 - Apr 15 with 5257 viewsjpring89

Cloverfield Paradox.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 17:42 - Apr 15 with 5251 viewsChiefXL

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 17:38 - Apr 15 by Superfrans

You see, now I really liked Ex Machina.

Ha! Couldn't stand it, found it slow and predictable.
Despite it having all the elements that would usually float my boat. I've usually enjoyed anything Alex Garland does.
Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 19:54 - Apr 15 with 5151 viewshomer_123

Cell.....Cusack and Samuel L Jackson. Awful doesn't do it justice.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rubbish films you’ve watched lately on 20:04 - Apr 15 with 5129 viewstcblue

Some of you REALLY need to see some bad films, if you think some of these are 'rubbish'.

Anyway, I saw Nocturnal Animals a few days ago. It wasn't a 'rubbish' film in terms of being boring, but it was so unrelentingly misogynistic it made me really depressed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024