Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit to ME 08:43 - May 19 with 3789 viewsFixed_It

He is clearly doing a thorough job in the search for our next manager and is considering a wide range of candidates.
Contrast this to West Ham who got rid of Moyes on Wednesday and already claim to have a high profile manager lined up and expect to announce his appointment within a week. I'm not a betting man - but I would bet my house on whoever ME appoints will last longer than the new manager of West Ham!
[Post edited 19 May 2018 8:48]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Credit to ME on 08:52 - May 19 with 3730 viewsKeno

To a degree I agree tho I’m a little concerned that we will wait so long we will miss out on a Ross or Hurst type appointment and. End up with pardew or megson

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Credit to ME on 08:59 - May 19 with 3712 viewsKieran_Knows

Credit to ME on 08:52 - May 19 by Keno

To a degree I agree tho I’m a little concerned that we will wait so long we will miss out on a Ross or Hurst type appointment and. End up with pardew or megson

I think if we miss out on them 2, we’ll appoint Lampard.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Credit to ME on 09:00 - May 19 with 3713 viewsbluesym

I agree.He said his timescale was end of May/early June and he looks to be sticking to that.This will be his first manager appointment for what, 7 years? Arguably his most important too?I dont blame him at all for being extremely thorough.

Regarding the concerns that if we wait to interview Hurst we may lose out on Ross, the way i see it is im pretty sure Ross would be made aware that we are interviewing other candidates and will have an idea of the timescale we are working in.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Credit to ME on 09:17 - May 19 with 3661 viewsPendejo

Credit to ME on 08:52 - May 19 by Keno

Que sera sera

when the gods that controlling football fortunes decide it's our time again the stars will align and whoever is in charge will have unprecedented success that outshines that of SBR... unfortunately I doubt that this will be in my lifetime.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Credit to ME on 09:23 - May 19 with 3656 viewsGuthrum

Absolutely this.

From what he said in that interview, Evans has definite ideas about how he wants ITFC to be run and is casting a wide net to find the man who can fit in with that vision.

I doubt that by conducting a more thoughtful process we'll miss out on any manager which we might not have done by acting swiftly. The job is either attractive to these people, or it isn't. And it's not like we've discovered some previously unknown prospects under a rock. The likes of Ross and Hurst will have been on everybody's list of prospective candidates for a vacancy. They won't be in any more of a hurry to jump at the first opportunity than we are.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Credit to ME on 09:40 - May 19 with 3614 viewsFtnfwest

And the longer he leaves it the more money he saves! Genius!
Credit to ME on 10:12 - May 19 with 3563 viewsSWGF

Credit to ME on 09:23 - May 19 by Guthrum

Absolutely this.

From what he said in that interview, Evans has definite ideas about how he wants ITFC to be run and is casting a wide net to find the man who can fit in with that vision.

I doubt that by conducting a more thoughtful process we'll miss out on any manager which we might not have done by acting swiftly. The job is either attractive to these people, or it isn't. And it's not like we've discovered some previously unknown prospects under a rock. The likes of Ross and Hurst will have been on everybody's list of prospective candidates for a vacancy. They won't be in any more of a hurry to jump at the first opportunity than we are.

You say that about Hurst and Ross but, realistically, how many clubs are of a sizd/ambition that would suit them? And of those clubs, how many are replacing managers now or anytime soon? It's not a huge pool and there are plenty of managers about. There's only ever 92 in jobs in England (appreciate Ross has a couple more in Scotland).

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Credit to ME on 10:16 - May 19 with 3550 viewsGuthrum

Credit to ME on 10:12 - May 19 by SWGF

You say that about Hurst and Ross but, realistically, how many clubs are of a sizd/ambition that would suit them? And of those clubs, how many are replacing managers now or anytime soon? It's not a huge pool and there are plenty of managers about. There's only ever 92 in jobs in England (appreciate Ross has a couple more in Scotland).

In which case why would they not be prepared to wait for a job with the status of Ipswich? It's not like they haven't got good prospects even staying at their current clubs, if all other deals fall through.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Credit to ME on 10:20 - May 19 with 3539 viewsgordon

It is rather stating the bleedin' obvious but it does depend on what questions he's asking, what his criteria are and how he's scoring the candidates against this criteria.

It's not necessarily the case that a detailed recruitment process is equivalent to a high-quality recruitment process.
Credit to ME on 10:20 - May 19 with 3539 viewsbraveblue

Taking a long time to do something is not a sign of competence. Given his track record I hope he realises he cannot trust the same people for advice. This is a big decision but it needs to be made very soon.
Credit to ME on 10:31 - May 19 with 3517 viewsitfcjoe

Sometimes you can be too thorough, either the law of diminishing returns, or just confusing yourself with too much information that the decision making process becomes blurred.

I think there is a balance to be struck, the fact it was announced Mick was off in Easter, and he actually left the club nearly 6 weeks ago and we haven't got a manager yet isn't ideal. If it ends up being Ross the last St Mirren game was on 28th April, and if he has been up at their Training Ground every day as he says then sure he could have made good progress here in that time.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Credit to ME on 11:16 - May 19 with 3470 viewsPendejo

Credit to ME on 10:12 - May 19 by SWGF

Swansea & Stoke with he parachute payments

West Ham & Arsenal both in Prem... though seemingly flirting with sexy foreign models who could turn out to be future Jose or Pep types... but likely to be more like one of the numerous "came, saw and walked away with head bowed" types [Tottenham seem to have employed a few of them]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Credit to ME on 11:32 - May 19 with 3443 viewsVic

Absolutely this.

Actually, absolutely this!

Been thinking for a few days that actually there is nothing unusual in explaining to an interviewee that others are being considered and well get back to them in a certain time scale. Like you say, if he wants the job he’ll wait a couple of weeks. If he’s then offered the job it’s no indication that he’s second choice; rather the opposite, that having gone through the process that he’s come out top choice.

And if he can’t wait then he’s probably not the man for us and we can move on. It’s not like there aren’t good alternatives in the mix.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Credit to ME on 12:07 - May 19 with 3410 viewsmonty_radio

Credit to ME on 11:16 - May 19 by Pendejo

Swansea & Stoke with he parachute payments

West Ham & Arsenal both in Prem... though seemingly flirting with sexy foreign models who could turn out to be future Jose or Pep types... but likely to be more like one of the numerous "came, saw and walked away with head bowed" types [Tottenham seem to have employed a few of them]

I'm guessing that people who are their own men, such as Hurst and Ross, could well prefer a smallish but significant club like Town, with time and space to mould, to a bandwagon like Stoke/Swansea who will be very impatient for results - though granted money might still override.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Credit to ME on 12:14 - May 19 with 3399 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Credit to ME on 12:07 - May 19 by monty_radio

I'm guessing that people who are their own men, such as Hurst and Ross, could well prefer a smallish but significant club like Town, with time and space to mould, to a bandwagon like Stoke/Swansea who will be very impatient for results - though granted money might still override.

Also, if they are keen on Ross, they will be sure his agent knows and he won't accept anything from us if he would rather go there.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Credit to ME on 14:12 - May 19 with 3320 viewsNo9

Credit to ME on 09:00 - May 19 by bluesym

I agree.He said his timescale was end of May/early June and he looks to be sticking to that.This will be his first manager appointment for what, 7 years? Arguably his most important too?I dont blame him at all for being extremely thorough.

Regarding the concerns that if we wait to interview Hurst we may lose out on Ross, the way i see it is im pretty sure Ross would be made aware that we are interviewing other candidates and will have an idea of the timescale we are working in.

Mr Evans must get it right this time
Credit to ME on 16:33 - May 19 with 3240 viewshorsehollerer

Absolutely this.

One reassuring thing for me is that to my knowledge ME has always been able to get in the manager he wants. Of course, his choice hasn't always been right - although he was absolutely spot on with Mick at the time.

I like that he's talking to lots of different types of candidates/football people because if nothing else it builds on his understanding and experience within the game.

Successful business people rarely repeat their mistakes. To that point, I am certain that if we are ever in the top 6 again around Xmas time, unlike in 2014-15, there'll be a Marcus Stewart-sized warchest available to try to get us over the line, if we need.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Credit to ME on 16:49 - May 19 with 3217 viewshowdonblue

Credit to ME on 09:17 - May 19 by Pendejo

Que sera sera

when the gods that controlling football fortunes decide it's our time again the stars will align and whoever is in charge will have unprecedented success that outshines that of SBR... unfortunately I doubt that this will be in my lifetime.

It will never happen in anyone’s lifetime!

All I’m glad about is the fact that I remember it and feel sorry for modern town supporters
Circa 2005
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024