Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town tempted by Lampard.... 22:48 - May 21 with 5817 viewsKieran_Knows

... Mirror reporting between him and Ross for the job, but Town more tempted to go with Lampard.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ipswich-interviewed-frank-lampard-t

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 22:59 - May 21 with 5258 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not sure anyone has a clue. There's constant speculation but it doesn't seem like much has changed really.

I still think it's Ross vs Hurst with Lampard as 'first reserve' at the moment. Going to be a really tedious few weeks.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 23:14 - May 21 with 5154 viewsWallingford_Boy

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 22:59 - May 21 by J2BLUE

I'm not sure anyone has a clue. There's constant speculation but it doesn't seem like much has changed really.

I still think it's Ross vs Hurst with Lampard as 'first reserve' at the moment. Going to be a really tedious few weeks.

I'm intrigued.. why would you find Ipswich ensuring they get the right man in "tedious"?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 23:24 - May 21 with 5099 viewsclive_baker

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 23:14 - May 21 by Wallingford_Boy

I'm intrigued.. why would you find Ipswich ensuring they get the right man in "tedious"?!

Clearly not what he’s saying is it.

Tedious watching clowns on here and in the press writing naff stories and flouncing about every link.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 23:37 - May 21 with 5070 viewsPhilTWTD

I wouldn't read anything into that, somewhat speculative and appears based on articles from closer to home (ahem). From what I'm told it's still Ross v Hurst.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 23:56 - May 21 with 4969 viewslinhdi

Remember Marcus Evans is a Chelsea fan, which might not be irrelevant.
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 07:18 - May 22 with 4512 viewsHerbivore

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 23:37 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

I wouldn't read anything into that, somewhat speculative and appears based on articles from closer to home (ahem). From what I'm told it's still Ross v Hurst.

Yeah, he's basically rehashed your stories and nothing more. He's added the word 'tempted' in there to make it look more juicy but if you read closely he doesn't say that Lampard is favourite. He knows nothing that hasn't been reported here basically.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 07:36 - May 22 with 4403 viewsNorthern_Blue81

So Hurst is actually sounded out and interested and we have permission to speak to him on completion of the play off final?

If not, why is there such a delay over the Ross appointment?

I am getting confused with it all!
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 08:48 - May 22 with 4149 viewsNo9

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 07:36 - May 22 by Northern_Blue81

So Hurst is actually sounded out and interested and we have permission to speak to him on completion of the play off final?

You don't need to be confused, this whole saga is showing Town are not a very well managed outfit, if they were most of this wouldn't be up for discussion.
If Mr E is as tight as most people want to believe it will be Frank Lampard becaue he lives nearest & there may not be any removal fees?
Login to get fewer ads

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 08:59 - May 22 with 4109 viewsPhilTWTD

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 07:36 - May 22 by Northern_Blue81

I think they must have a very strong indication Hurst will be interested, put it that way.
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 11:27 - May 22 with 3908 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 08:59 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

I think they must have a very strong indication Hurst will be interested, put it that way.

Thank you.

The way it is reported on the whole comes over as on the off chance we are going to interview Hurst as he might be interested, probably.
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 11:28 - May 22 with 3893 viewsJ2BLUE

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 08:48 - May 22 by No9

You don't need to be confused, this whole saga is showing Town are not a very well managed outfit, if they were most of this wouldn't be up for discussion.
If Mr E is as tight as most people want to believe it will be Frank Lampard becaue he lives nearest & there may not be any removal fees?

No it isn't.

Truly impaired.

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 11:34 - May 22 with 3866 viewshype313

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 08:59 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

So he's clearly the number one target then, especially if Ross really impressed Evans, it makes you think he is the fallback option if Hurst doesn't want it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:40 - May 22 with 3749 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 11:34 - May 22 by hype313

So he's clearly the number one target then, especially if Ross really impressed Evans, it makes you think he is the fallback option if Hurst doesn't want it.

IF Hurst get's Shrewsbury promoted then is a massive call for him to leave them and If i am honest it looks a bit odd for him to get the team up via the play offs, say it was the best thing in his career etc etc and then get in his car and sign up for town manager the following season.

Funnier things have happened.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 14:42]
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:41 - May 22 with 3736 viewsSwansea_Blue

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 08:48 - May 22 by No9

I'm not sure anyone outside of this board and ST holders actually gives a monkeys. We're largely irrelevant these days until someone pokes fun at us being in the top 10 most boring sides to watch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:42 - May 22 with 3734 viewsJ2BLUE

I see it more like olympic diving. Ross has finished and currently leads but Hurst can still win with a brilliant dive.

Truly impaired.

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:46 - May 22 with 3709 viewsSpruceMoose

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:42 - May 22 by J2BLUE

I see it more like olympic diving. Ross has finished and currently leads but Hurst can still win with a brilliant dive.

It's a shame Kuqi is no longer around in your scenario, as he would offer up a fabulous belly flop, no doubt.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:48 - May 22 with 3693 viewsJ2BLUE

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:46 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

It's a shame Kuqi is no longer around in your scenario, as he would offer up a fabulous belly flop, no doubt.

I was a little concerned Grant Holt would enter and become our new manager.

Truly impaired.

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:49 - May 22 with 3678 viewsSpruceMoose

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:48 - May 22 by J2BLUE

Phowar. Imagine that in speedos.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:49 - May 22 with 3679 viewsIpswichKnight

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:48 - May 22 by J2BLUE

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT!!!
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 15:00 - May 22 with 3621 viewsArcher4721

Any truth in the rumour Chris Coleman has been interviewed Phil?
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 15:05 - May 22 with 3591 viewsBOjK

WTAF? I keep hearing this guff on here.

What is hard to understand? We are going to interview all the applicants and make a decision at the end of that process.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 16:46 - May 22 with 3485 viewsFreddy

So Ross is the favourite & wants the job but has had to wait 2 weeks until after the play off final at the weekend to see if Hurst wants the job or will stay with Shrewsbury. Meanwhile Lampard has ruled himself out as he can't agree terms or wasn't happy with the budget for next season

Whilst Ross had been waiting, Sunderland have crept in & shown interest or Ross might get fed up waiting and sign a new contract to stay in Scotland & we could end up with none of the 3 favourites
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 16:57 - May 22 with 3454 viewsstrikalite

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 14:40 - May 22 by Northern_Blue81

IF Hurst get's Shrewsbury promoted then is a massive call for him to leave them and If i am honest it looks a bit odd for him to get the team up via the play offs, say it was the best thing in his career etc etc and then get in his car and sign up for town manager the following season.

Funnier things have happened.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 14:42]

He'd be offered far more here than at Shrewsbury though, the Club would not be hanging around waiting on Hurst if he wasn't interested, even if he took them up. Evan's isn't that daft, he'd have found all this out..

We simply have to wait until next week..
Town tempted by Lampard.... on 16:58 - May 22 with 3449 viewshype313

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 15:05 - May 22 by BOjK

WTAF? I keep hearing this guff on here.

What is hard to understand? We are going to interview all the applicants and make a decision at the end of that process.

Calm down dear.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 17:23 - May 22 with 3371 viewsPhilTWTD

Town tempted by Lampard.... on 15:00 - May 22 by Archer4721

Any truth in the rumour Chris Coleman has been interviewed Phil?

Not a name that's been mentioned to me. Seems to be in the frame to succeed himself at Sunderland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024