Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... 21:04 - May 29 with 5097 viewsitfcjoe

....with no background?

The logo is just so bad it would ruin any kit.

Can anyone who is good at photoshop mock one of them up? Be interested to see it.

Whilst I would prefer not to be sponsored by a gambling company - I do quite like shirts with tacky sponsors in a way (As I sit here in an Al Ahli shirt with Skydive Dubai on it....) but the logo has to be in the right colours to look anything.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:10 - May 29 with 4050 viewsBrixtonBlue

I agree. I texted a mate a few hours ago saying the only way the sponsor logo would look any good would be to have it in black and white.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:14 - May 29 with 4022 viewsitfcjoe

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:10 - May 29 by BrixtonBlue

I agree. I texted a mate a few hours ago saying the only way the sponsor logo would look any good would be to have it in black and white.

It needs to look as though it is part of the shirt - not an ironed on transfer!

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:15 - May 29 with 4023 viewsclive_baker

Innit. Said it earlier there’s no kit in the world that would look good with that cack on the front. Shame as they’re both nice kits otherwise. Imagine if they had FISONS on them in those small, simple felt little embossed letters. White on the home and black on the away. Naughty.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:17 - May 29 with 4005 viewsGodBlue

Was just saying exactly this to a friend. The Magical Vegas branding is horrific and would make any kit look worse. A monotone version would be preferable, but the colours aren’t it’s only problem.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:19 - May 29 with 3998 viewswkj

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say

I am a business who has invested £X for a shirt sponsorship deal, Why not just expect the club to honour the deal and display our branding the way we want them to?
[Post edited 29 May 2018 21:21]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:26 - May 29 with 3973 viewsDanTheMan

To give everyone a rough idea

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:27 - May 29 with 3958 viewswkj

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:26 - May 29 by DanTheMan

on the orange kit it workd, on the home kit it stands out 3000% worse

Crybaby

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:33 - May 29 with 3930 viewsJ2BLUE

Why would a company with a logo accept it being in black and white?

I like the logo...much better than MEG logo.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:38 - May 29 with 3894 viewsDanTheMan

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:33 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I know of at least a few companies (including the one I work for) that have black and white logos for certain use cases.

However given how just bloody awful the logo is even without taking colour into account, it's not surprising they don't.

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:41 - May 29 with 3875 viewsJ2BLUE

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:38 - May 29 by DanTheMan

I know of at least a few companies (including the one I work for) that have black and white logos for certain use cases.

However given how just bloody awful the logo is even without taking colour into account, it's not surprising they don't.

Fair enough if they've chosen to do that but we can't simply demand their logo is in black and white. Especially a company like this who are clearly trying to look bright and fun.

Truly impaired.

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:45 - May 29 with 3863 viewsTendring_Blue

Please don't kill me, but I don't mind it. Looks okay to me!
Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:49 - May 29 with 3847 viewsDanTheMan

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:41 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Fair enough if they've chosen to do that but we can't simply demand their logo is in black and white. Especially a company like this who are clearly trying to look bright and fun.

Oh yeah, it wouldn't happen. Just a shame that (to me) it's a cack logo. I prefer simpler designs.

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:51 - May 29 with 3835 viewsJ2BLUE

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:49 - May 29 by DanTheMan

Oh yeah, it wouldn't happen. Just a shame that (to me) it's a cack logo. I prefer simpler designs.

I like it...i'm setting it as my avatar to trigger people.

Truly impaired.

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:51 - May 29 with 3831 viewswkj

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:51 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I like it...i'm setting it as my avatar to trigger people.

Atta boy, now you're getting in the spirit... although i personally would never stoop to such juvenile lows.
[Post edited 29 May 2018 21:52]

Crybaby

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:04 - May 29 with 3780 viewsitfcjoe

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:26 - May 29 by DanTheMan

How about with a matching blue background on home kit and black lettering on away with orange background?!

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:06 - May 29 with 3764 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:04 - May 29 by itfcjoe

How about with a matching blue background on home kit and black lettering on away with orange background?!

Better still, how about blue lettering on a blue background on the hime shirt and orange lettering on an orange background on the away shirt?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:07 - May 29 with 3764 viewsitfcjoe

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 21:33 - May 29 by J2BLUE

It's fairly standard for logos to be changed to more suitable colours for sponsorship purposes. Beauty of a good logo and branding is that it's recognisable in whatever colour and format it is shown in.

I think the ME logo is fine, this one is tacky and that is exacerbated by the colours.

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:21 - May 29 with 3714 viewswkj

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:07 - May 29 by itfcjoe

It's fairly standard for logos to be changed to more suitable colours for sponsorship purposes. Beauty of a good logo and branding is that it's recognisable in whatever colour and format it is shown in.

I think the ME logo is fine, this one is tacky and that is exacerbated by the colours.

Not if the sponsorship deal states in the design specification their logo must be in colour it doesn't

Crybaby

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:24 - May 29 with 3699 viewsJ2BLUE

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:21 - May 29 by wkj

Not if the sponsorship deal states in the design specification their logo must be in colour it doesn't

I can't remember any gambling logos ever changing. I know the likes of Coca-Cola have changed it for various things but not sure it's a massively widespread thing.

In this specific case I think they'd have laughed in our face. The logo is clearly designed to be colourful and represent the lights and colours of Vegas.

Truly impaired.

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:26 - May 29 with 3691 viewsSlambo

I fully agree Joe. My issue isn't with the fact it's a gambling firm per se, but the fact the logo is so garish and so attention grabbing that - frankly - it's all that I can see! We look like Magical Vegas FC. And that is obviously really detrimental to the integrity of our club. Evans must notice that..?!

It may be too late for this season, but could we not lobby the club to get a more shirt friendly design for next season..?

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:27 - May 29 with 3683 viewswkj

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:24 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I can't remember any gambling logos ever changing. I know the likes of Coca-Cola have changed it for various things but not sure it's a massively widespread thing.

In this specific case I think they'd have laughed in our face. The logo is clearly designed to be colourful and represent the lights and colours of Vegas.

Exactly, and quite often changing the colour of logos are done on 1 tone brands anyway, as such the shape of the logo/brand is more recognisable than the colours. I am not defending the logo, I don't much care for it either, but trying to make it a monochrome design for the sake of fan service would never happen, and it shouldn't have to
[Post edited 29 May 2018 22:28]

Crybaby

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:31 - May 29 with 3661 viewsBluefish

The thing with sponsors logos is that they spend a load of money and they get to put their brand on that thing.

It really is common in sport, none of them look good or add to the sport but they pay their money and get to be noticed.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:35 - May 29 with 3635 viewswkj

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:31 - May 29 by Bluefish

The thing with sponsors logos is that they spend a load of money and they get to put their brand on that thing.

It really is common in sport, none of them look good or add to the sport but they pay their money and get to be noticed.

And some get noticed, but don't mean a thing to the vast majority of people- good example is AIA- I reckon most people would immediately see that and say, ah right, Spurs- but not have the foggiest as to what AIA is, what it stands for and what it does.

Crybaby

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:36 - May 29 with 3623 viewsJ2BLUE

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:35 - May 29 by wkj

And some get noticed, but don't mean a thing to the vast majority of people- good example is AIA- I reckon most people would immediately see that and say, ah right, Spurs- but not have the foggiest as to what AIA is, what it stands for and what it does.

I assumed they just mispelt 'AXA'

Truly impaired.

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:40 - May 29 with 3603 viewswkj

Why not just make the sponsor black or white.... on 22:36 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I assumed they just mispelt 'AXA'

I think we are also quite lucky we don't have a betting logo with a bunch of Kanji characters all over it such as Newcastle and Huddersfield for example, it always looks like a mega eyesore on kits.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024