Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran Dowell 07:49 - Jul 25 with 4002 viewstractorboy1978

Would be perfect for the number 10 position in Hurst's formation.
Kieran Dowell on 07:52 - Jul 25 with 3584 viewsMrTown

Carbon copy of Dozzell, pointless to bring him, but I do think he is a very good player. Would want us to sign something different, i.e Bradshaw, Armstrong

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Kieran Dowell on 07:54 - Jul 25 with 3563 viewstractorboy1978

Kieran Dowell on 07:52 - Jul 25 by MrTown

Carbon copy of Dozzell, pointless to bring him, but I do think he is a very good player. Would want us to sign something different, i.e Bradshaw, Armstrong

They are both strikers, we arguably need both but we certainly need a a creative outlet behind the front. Dozzell is a deep lying play maker, different player.
Kieran Dowell on 07:57 - Jul 25 with 3532 viewsMrTown

Kieran Dowell on 07:54 - Jul 25 by tractorboy1978

They are both strikers, we arguably need both but we certainly need a a creative outlet behind the front. Dozzell is a deep lying play maker, different player.

Adam Armstrong plays him best football as secondary striker. I still think Dozzell operates better in more advanced areas.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Kieran Dowell on 08:03 - Jul 25 with 3484 viewschristiand

It's a number 9 we need, if Waghorn goes, feel we have enough options at number 10.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Kieran Dowell on 08:25 - Jul 25 with 3386 viewsOsborneOneNil

Kieran Dowell on 07:54 - Jul 25 by tractorboy1978

Jon Nolan.
Kieran Dowell on 08:27 - Jul 25 with 3375 viewsSWGF

Kieran Dowell on 08:03 - Jul 25 by christiand

It's a number 9 we need, if Waghorn goes, feel we have enough options at number 10.

We don't have anyone to effectively play no.10 do we? Clever, agile, technical. Whereas we have Harrison and Garner to play centre forward (as Hurst wants his centre forward to play).

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Kieran Dowell on 08:33 - Jul 25 with 3340 viewsMullet

Kieran Dowell on 08:27 - Jul 25 by SWGF

We don't have anyone to effectively play no.10 do we? Clever, agile, technical. Whereas we have Harrison and Garner to play centre forward (as Hurst wants his centre forward to play).

Would also replace Waghorn's free kicks etc. Not sure he lasted the full season, but would be good.

Wonder if it opens the door for McKay again, or if that link was a dead one to start with. Was trying to look at players known to Hurst but we're in danger of building a league 1 team by doing that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kieran Dowell on 08:34 - Jul 25 with 3329 viewschristiand

Kieran Dowell on 08:27 - Jul 25 by SWGF

Dozzell and Huws for me, it's your creative footballers that play in the number 10 role in my view. Harrison, I can see battling it out with Edwards, Ward and Rowe for the 2 wide roles in the 3 behind the lone striker. That leaves Sears or Garner as the number 9 currently.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 8:37]

Login to get fewer ads

Kieran Dowell on 09:21 - Jul 25 with 3232 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, agree with that - think he'd be an excellent signing for us but not sure what he is up to this year.

Or go back for Jon Nolan and pay the couple of million they want for him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieran Dowell on 09:23 - Jul 25 with 3210 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

The new lad looks plenty capable if last night was much to go by.
Kieran Dowell on 09:25 - Jul 25 with 3191 viewsHerbivore

Kieran Dowell on 08:34 - Jul 25 by christiand

Dozzell and Huws for me, it's your creative footballers that play in the number 10 role in my view. Harrison, I can see battling it out with Edwards, Ward and Rowe for the 2 wide roles in the 3 behind the lone striker. That leaves Sears or Garner as the number 9 currently.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 8:37]

Dozzell really isn't a number 10, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kieran Dowell on 09:33 - Jul 25 with 3150 viewsbuoyant

Kieran Dowell on 09:21 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

Yep, agree with that - think he'd be an excellent signing for us but not sure what he is up to this year.

Or go back for Jon Nolan and pay the couple of million they want for him.

You see when sensible people like you say go in for Nolan at £2m I struggle to understand the flapping about the ins and outs this pre season.

Nolan has been "a free" all his career hasn't he ? Seems that Hurst is quite good at a) spotting decent players that are not necessarily proven and b) gets a certain type of player to mould into how he wants the team to play.

On top of that, it's pretty clear that he's prepared to push afew of our youngsters on, which they need albiet not for the entire season granted but, there are a few that seem more than ready for the step up. If not what's the point of the academy.

I really can't see why so many people are flapping .
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 9:36]

UTT

Kieran Dowell on 12:17 - Jul 25 with 2955 viewschristiand

Kieran Dowell on 09:25 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

Dozzell really isn't a number 10, mate.

Someone that's good on the ball, can spot a pass and can influence a game? No, that's not what we want as a number 10.

Kieran Dowell on 12:22 - Jul 25 with 2919 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran Dowell on 12:17 - Jul 25 by christiand

Someone that's good on the ball, can spot a pass and can influence a game? No, that's not what we want as a number 10.

He's much better from deep, it's where he has constantly played through his career

Kieran Dowell on 12:26 - Jul 25 with 2884 viewsReuser_is_God

Kieran Dowell on 09:33 - Jul 25 by buoyant

You see when sensible people like you say go in for Nolan at £2m I struggle to understand the flapping about the ins and outs this pre season.

Nolan has been "a free" all his career hasn't he ? Seems that Hurst is quite good at a) spotting decent players that are not necessarily proven and b) gets a certain type of player to mould into how he wants the team to play.

On top of that, it's pretty clear that he's prepared to push afew of our youngsters on, which they need albiet not for the entire season granted but, there are a few that seem more than ready for the step up. If not what's the point of the academy.

I really can't see why so many people are flapping .
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 9:36]

'I really can't see why so many people are flapping'

Probably because the season starts in 10 days & the transfer window shuts in 15 days.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Kieran Dowell on 12:26 - Jul 25 with 2872 viewsHerbivore

Kieran Dowell on 12:17 - Jul 25 by christiand

He's a deep lying playmaker, much better at getting the ball off the back four and getting us playing. A number 10 really should chip in with goals and cause problems with their movement in and around the box, that's not Dozzer's game at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kieran Dowell on 12:35 - Jul 25 with 2822 viewschristiand

Kieran Dowell on 12:22 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

He's much better from deep, it's where he has constantly played through his career

Not disputing that itfcjoe, but I don't believe PH will play him as one of the two holding midfielders that's going to be two of: Skuse, Chalobah, Downes or Nydam. Then you have the 3 positions behind the main striker and I think that's where he'll try and get Dozzell in, especially with his passing ability. Because he has played deeper in the past doesn't mean that he can't adapt, good players do that as you and I know. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, the line-up for West Ham on Saturday will be an interesting one, lets see who PH selects and where might be a good indicator for the Blackburn game the following week.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 12:37]

Kieran Dowell on 12:40 - Jul 25 with 2775 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran Dowell on 12:35 - Jul 25 by christiand

Not disputing that itfcjoe, but I don't believe PH will play him as one of the two holding midfielders that's going to be two of: Skuse, Chalobah, Downes or Nydam. Then you have the 3 positions behind the main striker and I think that's where he'll try and get Dozzell in, especially with his passing ability. Because he has played deeper in the past doesn't mean that he can't adapt, good players do that as you and I know. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, the line-up for West Ham on Saturday will be an interesting one, lets see who PH selects and where might be a good indicator for the Blackburn game the following week.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 12:37]

In pre season so far Nydam has spent more time in one of the advanced positions (because of his ability to press mainly) and Dozzell generally deeper

Kieran Dowell on 12:40 - Jul 25 with 2775 viewsReuser_is_God

Kieran Dowell on 08:33 - Jul 25 by Mullet

Would also replace Waghorn's free kicks etc. Not sure he lasted the full season, but would be good.

Wonder if it opens the door for McKay again, or if that link was a dead one to start with. Was trying to look at players known to Hurst but we're in danger of building a league 1 team by doing that.

McKay would be a very good addition

Evans out

Kieran Dowell on 12:42 - Jul 25 with 2750 viewsSomethingBlue

Who?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kieran Dowell on 12:46 - Jul 25 with 2718 viewsbuoyant

Kieran Dowell on 12:26 - Jul 25 by Reuser_is_God

'I really can't see why so many people are flapping'

Probably because the season starts in 10 days & the transfer window shuts in 15 days.

Feels like the best pre season in donkeys years. I might even go on Saturday

UTT

Kieran Dowell on 12:47 - Jul 25 with 2700 viewsReuser_is_God

Kieran Dowell on 12:46 - Jul 25 by buoyant

Feels like the best pre season in donkeys years. I might even go on Saturday

I don't think I'd watch a pre season friendly if it was played in my back garden.

Evans out

Kieran Dowell on 12:51 - Jul 25 with 2662 viewsbuoyant

Kieran Dowell on 12:47 - Jul 25 by Reuser_is_God

I don't think I'd watch a pre season friendly if it was played in my back garden.

Last one I went to was probably Valladolid. If I remember rightly it was equally as hot!

UTT

Kieran Dowell on 12:53 - Jul 25 with 2645 viewsReuser_is_God

Kieran Dowell on 12:51 - Jul 25 by buoyant

Last one I went to was probably Valladolid. If I remember rightly it was equally as hot!

I went aswell but only because of the unfortunate event earlier in the day.

Last one I went too was Col U before 14/15 & it was a complete waste of time.

Nouble & Marriott scored goals & didn't play a minute in the league that season.

Evans out

Kieran Dowell on 12:53 - Jul 25 with 2639 viewsKieran_Knows

Kieran Dowell on 12:51 - Jul 25 by buoyant

That was the last home friendly I went to as well. Been to Col U a couple of times since, but that's about it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024