Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them 07:48 - Sep 17 with 1778 viewsCoastalblue

I'm struggling to think of a better candidate.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 08:20 - Sep 17 with 1738 viewsThe_Major

I'd agree, but we've run out of stands to name, unless we have The Kevin Beattie stand sponsored by the East of England Co-op.

I'm afraid I can't imagine the club relinquishing the sponsorship, and the other three are named after fundamental parts of the history of the club.
If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 09:08 - Sep 17 with 1677 viewsWD19

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 08:20 - Sep 17 by The_Major

I'd agree, but we've run out of stands to name, unless we have The Kevin Beattie stand sponsored by the East of England Co-op.

I'm afraid I can't imagine the club relinquishing the sponsorship, and the other three are named after fundamental parts of the history of the club.

Pioneer, North, Churchmans.....
If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 09:12 - Sep 17 with 1668 viewsFreddies_Ears

I would be more than happy to have Legends Bar renamed, and suggest it might be a fitting tribute!
If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 09:15 - Sep 17 with 1659 viewsitfctim

Or the Kevin Beattie fan zone..as long as it's not a temporary thing.
If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 09:25 - Sep 17 with 1641 viewsSuperfrans

The Kevin Beattie Training Centre at Playford Road?
The Kevin Beattie Football Academy?

I also like the idea of renaming the Legends Bar as the Kevin Beattie Legends Bar...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 10:25 - Sep 17 with 1561 viewsitfcjoe

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 09:25 - Sep 17 by Superfrans

The Kevin Beattie Training Centre at Playford Road?
The Kevin Beattie Football Academy?

I also like the idea of renaming the Legends Bar as the Kevin Beattie Legends Bar...

I wonder if there is a way of incorporating all the legends into something, no idea how but whenever I go to lords and see something like this.....

I think their must be some way of doing something similar at Portman Road (Preferably in Bronze or similar). Not sure where but Portman Road side is the best to incorporate 7 or 8 heroes from the 3 trophy winning teams - maybe Crawford, Phillips, Beattie, Mills, Mariner, Wark, Frans & Arnold and Butcher?

The Cobbold Stand to become the 'Legends' stand or something?

On a side note, our 2 statues of Alf and Bobby really are fantastic, I walked past them the other day and they are a cut above most other ones you see at other grounds, fantastically done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 10:27 - Sep 17 with 1552 viewsGlebeTractor

We'll have to start naming the areas. Instead of 1-6, do it by names.

Although, Kevin Beattie, inside Sir Bobby Robson could sound strange.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 10:27]

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 10:28 - Sep 17 with 1546 viewsFrimleyBlue

What I would love is if advertising boarding's were restricted to pitchside

Then the middle boardings across the Sir Bobby and South Stand could be exchanged for names of those passed and present. I.E Beattie, Mills, etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 10:38 - Sep 17 with 1517 viewsbluewein

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 10:28 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

What I would love is if advertising boarding's were restricted to pitchside

Then the middle boardings across the Sir Bobby and South Stand could be exchanged for names of those passed and present. I.E Beattie, Mills, etc

That's actually a really good idea.

You know it won't happen though because modern football and advertising go hand in pants unfortunately...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 22:09 - Sep 17 with 1385 viewsBluedanW

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 08:20 - Sep 17 by The_Major

If we've run out of stands, how about another statue?
If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 07:57 - Sep 18 with 1293 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If anybody ever deserved a stand named after them on 08:17 - Sep 18 with 1269 viewsitfcjoe

As he won the first 2 player of the year awards, could rename that after him?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024