Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work culture 20:58 - Oct 15 with 1680 viewsITFC_Follower

I feel I moan too much at work.

I feel guilty i am taking my work too seriously. I think of work not just as a job but as a place where progress needs to me made i am not happy just turning up and getting paid i want to constantly improve things but i don't think many of my colleagues do.

You can point out issues but the same things happen again and again. I think then all people do is expect you to point out an issue remind them to fix it and they do not take it on board that if they did what they should do properly which is actually their job then it would be a lot more useful to everyone.

I never thought my career would lead me to pointing out things have gone wrong and then having to tell the same people the same thing has gone wrong and what they need to do to fix it without them thinking for them selves and doing things correctly in order to stop the cycle.

I don't even manage these people i work in a different department.

The point is i get frustrated with this from time to time and it shows but that's because i care and cant understand why people would be happy working this way.

If i make an error i take it to heart and will try to make sure it does not happen again. I understand everyone makes mistakes and nobody is perfect.

does anybody else get this & understand what i mean?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 21:00]
Work culture on 21:56 - Oct 15 with 1600 viewsReuser_is_God

Similar situation at my place.

6 of us in a team where 3 of us are always trying to progress things & improve how we do things etc but the other 3 just happy to plod along.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Work culture on 21:59 - Oct 15 with 1587 viewsLord_Lucan

Work culture on 21:56 - Oct 15 by Reuser_is_God

6 of us in a team where 3 of us are always trying to progress things & improve how we do things etc but the other 3 just happy to plod along.

At least you both have time to watch football and post on here.

I'm still fcking working.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Work culture on 22:07 - Oct 15 with 1568 viewsgtsb

In some cases though it's the plodders who end up doing more work at the end of the day.
Work culture on 22:09 - Oct 15 with 1568 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is the person who does manage that department aware of the issues? If they are not, perhaps you should make them aware. If they are, is it because they don't care or because they are unable to resolve the issues. If that is the case, you either have to live with it or look for something else. Do you have a manager who should get involved or is that not the set up?

Ultimately, if you can improve the efficiency of the business it will work to your advantage. Sometimes other employees do not want that because they fear better efficiency will see them out of a job or with less overtime and money in their pocket. However, getting worked up over things you have no control over are only disadvantaging yourself.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Work culture on 22:55 - Oct 15 with 1501 viewsMelford

Had it in my last job, it's not in my nature to not give any less than 100% . I'm a grafter, I didn't enjoy it much but it paid my bills. There were 2 of us in a 6 man team who were trusted to do anything, the rest were simpletons. Every time I went on holiday the place would go tits up. Every day off would be a nightmare down there. They were only offering minimum wage and the place is a bit out of the way so only desperate people would apply and 90% of them were total crap, no better than work experience schoolkids who last about a month before they let everybody down.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Work culture on 07:59 - Oct 16 with 1385 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Work culture on 08:05 - Oct 16 with 1380 viewsBackToRussia

Why are you in a position where you're fixated on someone else's problem? If they're not your people it seems a bit of a false problem. Plough your own furrow.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Work culture on 09:00 - Oct 16 with 1355 viewsKeno

Are you Gav and this is a plea for help cos is being mean?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Work culture on 09:07 - Oct 16 with 1343 viewsBluefish

I worked for a big global organisation for in a regional head office for years. We all had the best fun but many of us had been there since the early days so we really cared. Eventually the senior management relocated away and were replaced by lots brought in from elsewhere in the business, mainly USA. The whole place changed, everything we worked for was falling apart, a few of us tried hard to reason and change things, pointing out the issues but nothing so we raised the obvious concerns to the corporate office. We hoped they would do something about it and fix the problem but they closed the whole office down, most middle managers like me were kept on but we had to relocate and the senior managers were kicked out. I have left now after relocating but many of our old middle management now have senior jobs within the corporate office and earn fortunes. Not sure if this is a good tale or a bad one

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Work culture on 09:15 - Oct 16 with 1336 viewsKieran_Knows

I felt that like in my last job, but I think that's because they were a fairly large organisation and I felt that I wasn't appreciated (or paid) enough for the work I was doing (without blowing my own trumpet).

Now I work for a much smaller (but I would say more successfully run) company and I absolutely love it. Whilst I admit my job is rarely stressful, I do think that is down to the way my boss runs the company and the atmosphere he has created.

Hopefully things work out for you soon.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Work culture on 09:16 - Oct 16 with 1331 viewsSwansea_Blue

"I never thought my career would lead me to pointing out things have gone wrong and then having to tell the same people the same thing has gone wrong and what they need to do to fix it without them thinking for them selves and doing things correctly in order to stop the cycle. "

Welcome to reality!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024