Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ 22:39 - Oct 24 with 3682 viewseddiespearitt03

A man who has pushed the boundaries every year he has been here. Just another uninspiring clueless businessman only prepared to siphon off as much money he can get his grubby hands on.

No progress what so ever. The supporters are starved of entertainment and once again the attendances will drop. Buying up cheap players on cheap contracts and very few of them are able to make a difference. The wall of silence from Evans only makes matters worse.

We plodded along with McCarthy and we managed to retain Championship status . Now the inevitable has finally come and it looks like time is up on riding our luck.

A club owner who intends to carry on doing it on the cheap and installing puppet pen pushers like Clegg and Milne to try and appease the fans anger.

The party is over Evans. You can trot off and leave this club behind. Your legacy will be leading this once great football club into the 3rd tier of football . Bye Bye Evans.

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:40 - Oct 24 with 3102 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just one question...

...what are the key attributes that make this club attractive to a buyer?

Serious question.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:45 - Oct 24 with 3064 viewsTheBoyBlue

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:40 - Oct 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Just one question...

Serious question.

Stadium, location, history. There is potential here for anyone with money.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:46 - Oct 24 with 3059 viewswkj

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:40 - Oct 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Just one question...

Serious question.

Love thy burger

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:48 - Oct 24 with 3044 viewsBlueBadger

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:45 - Oct 24 by TheBoyBlue

They'd have to pay off the, what is it? £90M+debt, plus buy a whole new team. And refurbish the stadium. And that's assuming we're still in THIS division. Costs and losses are likely to be higher if we're in the third division. which looks wholly likely, right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:49 - Oct 24 with 3033 viewsWestover

So would you buy the club if you had the money? And what would you do to make Town successful? .
***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:51 - Oct 24 with 3010 viewswkj

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:48 - Oct 24 by BlueBadger

They'd have to pay off the, what is it? £90M+debt, plus buy a whole new team. And refurbish the stadium. And that's assuming we're still in THIS division. Costs and losses are likely to be higher if we're in the third division. which looks wholly likely, right now.

Evans is going to have to come to the realisation he's going to lose a LOT of money regardless of outcome

1. Relegation, more loss per season to consume
2. Investment to become a contender in the relegation scrap, and league in general
3. Sell up and ship out, take a big cut in investment

His dreams of getting in the premier league are dead in the water, and there isn't a single manager in the world who could get us promoted with the current structure, i genuinely believe that, not unless they are mystic meg and can thread together a team of future super stars.

So one can think the choice is with Evans now, how much money does he want to lose as relegation, investment and selling will all result in this happening.

Crybaby

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:52 - Oct 24 with 3003 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:45 - Oct 24 by TheBoyBlue

Old stadium, owned by the council and seen better days.

Location... been described by managers as a hindrance to attracting players.

History? To be honest, it's only us Ipswich fans who value that, and it's a long, long time ago now. Certainly not a reason to buy.

Sorry, just being objective.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:57 - Oct 24 with 2988 viewsBlueBadger

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:51 - Oct 24 by wkj

Evans is going to have to come to the realisation he's going to lose a LOT of money regardless of outcome

1. Relegation, more loss per season to consume
2. Investment to become a contender in the relegation scrap, and league in general
3. Sell up and ship out, take a big cut in investment

His dreams of getting in the premier league are dead in the water, and there isn't a single manager in the world who could get us promoted with the current structure, i genuinely believe that, not unless they are mystic meg and can thread together a team of future super stars.

So one can think the choice is with Evans now, how much money does he want to lose as relegation, investment and selling will all result in this happening.

Yes, but think of how much tax he'll avoid!

#themasterplandreamedupbyidiots

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:02 - Oct 24 with 2962 viewswkj

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:57 - Oct 24 by BlueBadger

I should edit this further and say if we get relegated, as it stands I don't fancy us to bounce back. The upper end of L1 trounces what we're capable of this season.

Crybaby

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:06 - Oct 24 with 2953 viewsTheBoyBlue

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:52 - Oct 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Old stadium, owned by the council and seen better days.

Location... been described by managers as a hindrance to attracting players.

History? To be honest, it's only us Ipswich fans who value that, and it's a long, long time ago now. Certainly not a reason to buy.

Sorry, just being objective.

Potential of 30,000 home crowds has to be enticing.

The history gives us a good brand.
Location close to London, yet with a big catchment area. Anyone with money and is savvy could really make it work.

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:08 - Oct 24 with 2940 viewsmadmouse1959

Just one question...

Serious question.

Well. The only attributes that are left now is " where there is life there is hope"

It now has to take a buyer or a syndicate who are willing to invest and get Ipswich out of League One. That is where this club is heading. I just can,t see some of our regular players able to dig this team out of trouble. It has taken the last ten seasons to realize we have just about rode our luck and carried far too many lazy passengers only after an easy contract.
Maybe it is time to try something new and search out a young European manager. A European manager who knows some good young European players that can handle Championship football. .
Evans inherited a sinking ship from Sheepshanks and without the right football knowledge, recruitment and investment our luck is beginning to run out.
We have a squad that could possibly romp to the top of League One but staying in the Championship is going to be a continual problem without the right guidance in place and ability on the pitch.

It is all a bit late to harp on about the club going into administration but this club has never recovered from that. We need new ownership and we need it now. That is the only solution that can hopefully save this club. I believe that Evans is just creaming off the top and his seasonal target of Championship survival is finally over. .

shampoo dave

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:10 - Oct 24 with 2922 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:06 - Oct 24 by TheBoyBlue

Location close to London, yet with a big catchment area. Anyone with money and is savvy could really make it work.

We have a big catchment, but it's very sparsely populated.

I don't think our proximity to London is a big selling point. There are a lot of clubs in London or closer to London.

Potential home crowds of 30,000? Likely? They are more likely to look at our pitiful average attendances.

No one cares about our history apart from us, its a distant memory.

We are not an easy sell to an investor.

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:14 - Oct 24 with 2896 viewsSimonds92

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 22:57 - Oct 24 by BlueBadger

Why are our fans so obscenely stupid?! The majority of he ones calling for a new owner (as if there would be any interested parties) wont even put their own money in to the club by buying a ticket. Why an earth do they think they can tell someone what to do with their money?!
***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:21 - Oct 24 with 2867 viewswkj

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:14 - Oct 24 by Simonds92

Why are our fans so obscenely stupid?! The majority of he ones calling for a new owner (as if there would be any interested parties) wont even put their own money in to the club by buying a ticket. Why an earth do they think they can tell someone what to do with their money?!

At this point I feel its less about telling Evans how he should spend his money, but more Evans should wake up and realise his decisions have been pretty kak for the most part.

MM was a good appointment by Evans, but keeping him on so long was not. There has been a lack of football heads at the top of the pyramid for the entirety of Evans' ownership of Town, we saw it with Clegg, milne is a nice guy but pretty limited with football.

This is summed up with how we often hear how Evans asks departing managers for their views on who would be a good replacement is.

So whether or not Evans spends £1 or £100m - he needs someone who knows what the hell is going on somewhere in his inner circle.

Crybaby

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:28 - Oct 24 with 2839 viewsTheBoyBlue

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:10 - Oct 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

We have a big catchment, but it's very sparsely populated.

I don't think our proximity to London is a big selling point. There are a lot of clubs in London or closer to London.

Potential home crowds of 30,000? Likely? They are more likely to look at our pitiful average attendances.

No one cares about our history apart from us, its a distant memory.

We are not an easy sell to an investor.

Don't argue its an easy sell. But it I think there is potential. If we had a team like Wolves have for example, I'm pretty sure they'd be 30,000 in there. Our history seems irrelevant at the moment, but it would be more tangible if we had a successful PL team. Imagine how many easily swayed Essexers may be persuaded to come and watching a successful ITFC instead of fighting for tickets at Arsenal or Spurs?

All pie in the sky of course, but the potential is there.

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 2819 viewsSimonds92

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:21 - Oct 24 by wkj

At this point I feel its less about telling Evans how he should spend his money, but more Evans should wake up and realise his decisions have been pretty kak for the most part.

MM was a good appointment by Evans, but keeping him on so long was not. There has been a lack of football heads at the top of the pyramid for the entirety of Evans' ownership of Town, we saw it with Clegg, milne is a nice guy but pretty limited with football.

This is summed up with how we often hear how Evans asks departing managers for their views on who would be a good replacement is.

So whether or not Evans spends £1 or £100m - he needs someone who knows what the hell is going on somewhere in his inner circle.

Good point that i dont disagree with. However, this is not the argument of the majority, their argument is that he doesnt spend ridiculous amounts of money. I would also suggest that of those, the vast majority were behind the Hurst appointment. I was never completely sold on him (cant say i knew a huge amount about him) but there seemed to be a general excitement about him. I think his intentions were good he just chose the wrong man and overlooked others because he thought he'd found the right man.
***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 2814 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:28 - Oct 24 by TheBoyBlue

Don't argue its an easy sell. But it I think there is potential. If we had a team like Wolves have for example, I'm pretty sure they'd be 30,000 in there. Our history seems irrelevant at the moment, but it would be more tangible if we had a successful PL team. Imagine how many easily swayed Essexers may be persuaded to come and watching a successful ITFC instead of fighting for tickets at Arsenal or Spurs?

No different to most other championship clubs, and further off than most.

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:39 - Oct 24 with 2803 viewssouthnorfolkblue

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:28 - Oct 24 by TheBoyBlue

But you could say the same of Derby, Forest, Wednesday, the Budgies, Stoke....the list in the Championship is endless.

I don’t know what Evans would sell up for, but I reckon that you need somebody that is prepared to speculate another 50-60 million on top of that to have a serious push at promotion with absolutely no guarantee of a successful outcome. I think that any investor is mad to take on a football club. We need a mega rich fan who doesn’t care about the money because they have a long-standing love for the Club. I don’t reckon that they are out there.

Poll: Our final position

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:40 - Oct 24 with 2800 viewswkj

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:35 - Oct 24 by Simonds92

Good point that i dont disagree with. However, this is not the argument of the majority, their argument is that he doesnt spend ridiculous amounts of money. I would also suggest that of those, the vast majority were behind the Hurst appointment. I was never completely sold on him (cant say i knew a huge amount about him) but there seemed to be a general excitement about him. I think his intentions were good he just chose the wrong man and overlooked others because he thought he'd found the right man.

I was behind Hurst, major doubts set in when he signed Jackson, but, it was too late by then. To be fair being excited about Hurst is understandable at the time we were in for him; transfer dealings caused a few alarm bells, and now the ship is sinking- but I cant bemoan anyone who thought Hurst was a decent punt before the season began.

Crybaby

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:53 - Oct 24 with 2769 viewsstewartm

Other than Roy Keane, all previous managers under Evans have had their hands financially tied. I can not name names (my source) but even the attempted freezing out of Bart and Knudsen was all to do with money, Bart was given a new contract to up his value. No one came in for our world cup stars so another route was taken to get these two off the pay roll. Now Evans is losing his bottle Bart and Knudsen are available again to be selected (unofficially) but the squad is so weak they will not make a difference. Mark my words, when Hurst goes he will speak out against this tyrant who owns ITFC. I know a player who will not sign a new contract (if offered) and will leave ITFC as soon as he can. It will all be coming out soon and the panic in the board is truly on. If we get relegated, financial oblivion faces this club because Evans can not justify borrowing any more money ( club cannot afford the interest Evans other companies are charging). Evans is not a fan and he thought that being clever borrowing against the club would get a quick route into the financial heaven of the premiership. He inherited 32 millions in debt it now stands at nearly 90 million. He has not spent one penny of his own money. Asset stripping scumbag!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 23:55]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 13:39 - Oct 25 with 2572 viewseddiespearitt03

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:53 - Oct 24 by stewartm

Other than Roy Keane, all previous managers under Evans have had their hands financially tied. I can not name names (my source) but even the attempted freezing out of Bart and Knudsen was all to do with money, Bart was given a new contract to up his value. No one came in for our world cup stars so another route was taken to get these two off the pay roll. Now Evans is losing his bottle Bart and Knudsen are available again to be selected (unofficially) but the squad is so weak they will not make a difference. Mark my words, when Hurst goes he will speak out against this tyrant who owns ITFC. I know a player who will not sign a new contract (if offered) and will leave ITFC as soon as he can. It will all be coming out soon and the panic in the board is truly on. If we get relegated, financial oblivion faces this club because Evans can not justify borrowing any more money ( club cannot afford the interest Evans other companies are charging). Evans is not a fan and he thought that being clever borrowing against the club would get a quick route into the financial heaven of the premiership. He inherited 32 millions in debt it now stands at nearly 90 million. He has not spent one penny of his own money. Asset stripping scumbag!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 23:55]

It is an impossible situation when the players decide not to play for their manager. That is what it seems like. To spend 90 minutes on the back foot defending and chasing shadows is a sign that there are bigger issues going on at this club.

Teams like QPR coming to Portman Rd and taking an easy 3 points is one thing but having just 2 attempts on goal v Leeds is a signal that it is the end of Ipswich in the Championship.

Once again you have to feel sorry for US supporters. Evans has to be made accountable. He could of been more ambitious in appointments but carries on with the cheapest option every time.
***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 13:44 - Oct 25 with 2539 viewsmadmouse1959

The buck stops with Evans. He is making a right mess of it.

shampoo dave

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 13:48 - Oct 25 with 2517 viewsLeagueOne

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 13:39 - Oct 25 by eddiespearitt03

It is an impossible situation when the players decide not to play for their manager. That is what it seems like. To spend 90 minutes on the back foot defending and chasing shadows is a sign that there are bigger issues going on at this club.

Teams like QPR coming to Portman Rd and taking an easy 3 points is one thing but having just 2 attempts on goal v Leeds is a signal that it is the end of Ipswich in the Championship.

Once again you have to feel sorry for US supporters. Evans has to be made accountable. He could of been more ambitious in appointments but carries on with the cheapest option every time.

I don't think anyone can any longer argue Evans has done good here or that his plans in a football sense are working but...

He can continue to afford to lose a few million quid a year here and will be able to do so in League One. He's never going to invest big and as a result we are stuck, no one will buy the club as is without Evans practically giving it away.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 13:49 - Oct 25 with 2509 viewsElderGrizzly

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:06 - Oct 24 by TheBoyBlue

Yet the new FFP rules that came in this summer, means the most we can lose is £13m a season.

We already lose £6m before we do any kind of transfer business.

So a new owner can spend an extra £7m a season, or stick two fingers up at the Football League and ignore the rules and hope we get promoted before the punishment kicks in.

Punishment now is upto 21pts deduction. Previously it was just a fine and an embargo.

Roll the dice...
***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 13:49 - Oct 25 with 2506 viewsTheBoyBlue

***********************SELL UP EVANS************************ on 23:39 - Oct 24 by southnorfolkblue

But you could say the same of Derby, Forest, Wednesday, the Budgies, Stoke....the list in the Championship is endless.

I don’t know what Evans would sell up for, but I reckon that you need somebody that is prepared to speculate another 50-60 million on top of that to have a serious push at promotion with absolutely no guarantee of a successful outcome. I think that any investor is mad to take on a football club. We need a mega rich fan who doesn’t care about the money because they have a long-standing love for the Club. I don’t reckon that they are out there.

I don't know if they are out there or not and I certainly wouldn't suggest that we're anymore enticing than any other team. But I hope ME would be looking if he's not prepared to invest. I wouldn't say Wolves would've seemed particularly enticing when they were taken over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024