Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so 16:57 - Nov 8 with 1623 viewsgiant_stow

crucial"

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/growth-warning-as-raab-admits-i-didn-t-

"clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right..."
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 16:58]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 17:24 - Nov 8 with 1590 viewsfactual_blue

And people wonder why J S Mill called the tories the party for stupid people.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 19:57 - Nov 8 with 1522 viewsGlasgowBlue

It really does beggar belief.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 22:44 - Nov 8 with 1474 viewsbournemouthblue

Didn't he suggest it was down to some strange quirk of geography

Fancy having a ferry port at the closest point between France and England

The world has gone mad!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 08:41 - Nov 9 with 1394 viewstcblue

Requirements for Brexit secretary:

1.) Broad understanding of geography
today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 08:43 - Nov 9 with 1392 viewsgiant_stow

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 08:41 - Nov 9 by tcblue

Requirements for Brexit secretary:

1.) Broad understanding of geography

Has nobody told Dominic Raab that Britain is an island?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/08/dominic-raab-britain-islan

Ouch.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

today's angry Standard link: on 08:51 - Nov 9 with 1386 viewsSteve_M

This is a good summary of where we are, and Chris Grey has been excellent in his analysis throughout, but those in Parliament who advocate Brexit most loudly clearly don't understand the implications of it nor show any sign of wanting to find out:

http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/ignorance-and-irresponsibility-c

As I've said many times, it would be possible to leave in a sensible manner if the government accepted and made efforts to mitigate the impacts that it will have on particular parts of the economy and were prepared to take time.

Instead there has been a mad rush to leave as quickly as possible before the few million who can swung the vote can change their minds.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

today's angry Standard link: on 08:55 - Nov 9 with 1370 viewssolemio

No man is an island entire of itself.
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.

The great John Donne would have been a Remainer.
today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 09:30 - Nov 9 with 1342 viewsSwansea_Blue

Unbelievable. Not unbelievable in the sense that that it's unbelievable that Raab doesn't know what he's doing, but unbelievable that we're at this point with people put in charge who don't know what they're doing.
And haven't bothered to find out what may or may not be important. Although that has been a theme all the way through, so it's not surprising.

Complete and utter feckwits running the show. And then to admit that they are...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 10:57 - Nov 9 with 1307 viewsNo9

Not at all surprised-

As someone who has taken considerable notice of what politicians have said & done since Mr Cameron announced, in 2013, there would be a referendum on the UK's membershipe of the EU, this comes as no surprise at all.
Having watched a number of the debates in the Palace of Westminster my view remains that the majority of MP's don't understand anything about the EU nor what leaving will mean to the country as a whole.
The hard brexiteers have a hidden agenda most others are in the what happened category
today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 11:01 - Nov 9 with 1301 viewschicoazul

I am now convinced that the UKs negotiating strategy all along has been "we are idiots, we know we are idiots, please feel sorry for us".
I also heard from someone very senior with the VW group that the deal is all but done and indeed has been for some months.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 11:01 - Nov 9 with 1301 viewsMalcolmBlue

I would be shocked and appalled but unfortunately I've come to expect it from what I've seen on this government. Reminds me of Karen Bradley's gross naivety that she didn't realise Northern Irish nationalists didn't vote for unionist parties...I wonder what actually qualifies half these people to the positions they are allocated.

What makes Raab's statement worse though is that the Port of Dover have been saying this since day one and they were even quite visible at last year's Conservative Party conference...not to mention the numerous articles and reams of experts saying this prior to him even being given the role of Brexit secretary.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

today's angry Standard link: on 11:25 - Nov 9 with 1280 viewsHerbivore

today's angry Standard link: on 08:51 - Nov 9 by Steve_M

This is a good summary of where we are, and Chris Grey has been excellent in his analysis throughout, but those in Parliament who advocate Brexit most loudly clearly don't understand the implications of it nor show any sign of wanting to find out:

http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/ignorance-and-irresponsibility-c

As I've said many times, it would be possible to leave in a sensible manner if the government accepted and made efforts to mitigate the impacts that it will have on particular parts of the economy and were prepared to take time.

Instead there has been a mad rush to leave as quickly as possible before the few million who can swung the vote can change their minds.

Cracking blog piece that, hard to argue with any of it really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 13:03 - Nov 9 with 1253 viewsNo9

today's angry Standard link: "Raab admits: I didn’t know Calais link was so on 11:01 - Nov 9 by chicoazul

I am now convinced that the UKs negotiating strategy all along has been "we are idiots, we know we are idiots, please feel sorry for us".
I also heard from someone very senior with the VW group that the deal is all but done and indeed has been for some months.

Interesting, someone from the same company told me a few weeks ago that their contingency plans are already in place?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024