Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. 15:19 - Nov 29 with 5057 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

....so it doesnt clash with I'm a celeb.

Lol. He also wants to be taken seriously as a leader??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:21 - Nov 29 with 3247 viewsjeera

He probably has a point, no?

I don't watch that kinda stuff myself, but it's popular.

If you want the largest and widest audience possible then yes, he's probably right to not want it to clash with popular TV.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:25 - Nov 29 with 3221 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:21 - Nov 29 by jeera

If you want the largest and widest audience possible then yes, he's probably right to not want it to clash with popular TV.

I would think;

1. Interested viewers can watch the Celeb final at any time of their choosing.
2. Interested viewers can watch the debate, at any time of their choosing.
3. The demographic that prioritise Celeb very rarely watch TV when scheduled anyway.
4. Come on man, have some confidence in your ability to sufficiently engage your voters.
5. Stating that he wants to watch it? Desperate.

Oh dear, we dont have any strong leaders do we.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:26 - Nov 29 with 3221 views26_Paz

I wonder if he is aware of the existence of things like catch up TV and ITV+1 ... its not the 1980s, you don't have one chance and one chance only to see TV programmes anymore! It just strikes me as being petty, Brexit is a cross party issue, politicians from across parties need to agree a solution, the fact they can't even agree what TV channel they will argue about it on shows the level of incompetence of our current crop of politicians (cross party!)

The Paz Man

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:26 - Nov 29 with 3217 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:26 - Nov 29 by 26_Paz

I wonder if he is aware of the existence of things like catch up TV and ITV+1 ... its not the 1980s, you don't have one chance and one chance only to see TV programmes anymore! It just strikes me as being petty, Brexit is a cross party issue, politicians from across parties need to agree a solution, the fact they can't even agree what TV channel they will argue about it on shows the level of incompetence of our current crop of politicians (cross party!)

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:29 - Nov 29 with 3212 viewsElderGrizzly

That's not quite true and his objection is more to do with the format, than the timing.

It's a pointless debate anyway, as the public have no say on the deal as it stands.

They can debate on TV all they want, but it is MPs who will decide on Dec 11th and this is two 'leaders' who will be debating various flavours of Brexit, rather than having a debate about whether it is now even a good idea.

If there is a debate, you need to have someone from the other side of the argument.
Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:29 - Nov 29 with 3209 viewsjeera

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:25 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would think;

3. The demographic that prioritise Celeb very rarely watch TV when scheduled anyway.
4. Come on man, have some confidence in your ability to sufficiently engage your voters.

I didn't suggest he is any kind of leader. I despair as much as most.

As for the 'type' of person who likes things like Big Bro and this other trash he may have a point.

You really think they would consider Catch-Up for their favourite show in exchange for a political debate?

I'd say he's thought it through more than you!

As for "I'd like to see it myself". That's more diplomatic than "I'd never watch that sh*t".

Maybe he's brighter than we give credit.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:31 - Nov 29 with 3193 viewsjeera

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:26 - Nov 29 by 26_Paz

I've given a sensible and likely answer.

It's your fault if you ignore it.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:32 - Nov 29 with 3188 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:29 - Nov 29 by jeera

I didn't suggest he is any kind of leader. I despair as much as most.

As for the 'type' of person who likes things like Big Bro and this other trash he may have a point.

You really think they would consider Catch-Up for their favourite show in exchange for a political debate?

I'd say he's thought it through more than you!

As for "I'd like to see it myself". That's more diplomatic than "I'd never watch that sh*t".

Maybe he's brighter than we give credit.

I'm a celeb got 13m viewers the other day apparently - not wise to piss people off by getting in the way of that, as you say.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:34 - Nov 29 with 3178 viewsjeera

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:32 - Nov 29 by giant_stow

I'm a celeb got 13m viewers the other day apparently - not wise to piss people off by getting in the way of that, as you say.

Sounds to me like these other 2 are upset they're going to have to watch it on Catch-Up.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:39 - Nov 29 with 3156 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:34 - Nov 29 by jeera

Sounds to me like these other 2 are upset they're going to have to watch it on Catch-Up.

I wont be watching the debate, so doesn't impact on me.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:21 - Nov 29 with 3089 views26_Paz

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:31 - Nov 29 by jeera

I've given a sensible and likely answer.

It's your fault if you ignore it.

Answer to what? I didn't ask a question.
What have I ignored?
Genuinely confused as to what you're kicking off about ...

The Paz Man

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:31 - Nov 29 with 3073 viewsPinewoodblue

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:29 - Nov 29 by ElderGrizzly

That's not quite true and his objection is more to do with the format, than the timing.

It's a pointless debate anyway, as the public have no say on the deal as it stands.

They can debate on TV all they want, but it is MPs who will decide on Dec 11th and this is two 'leaders' who will be debating various flavours of Brexit, rather than having a debate about whether it is now even a good idea.

If there is a debate, you need to have someone from the other side of the argument.

It is hard to see what benefit she sees in this, unless there is. a General election on the horizon.

Leader debates give a. Opportunity to influence the electorate. We have no decision to make at this time.

We by no Lib Del or SNP involvement?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:32 - Nov 29 with 3075 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:29 - Nov 29 by ElderGrizzly

The strategy seems to be, and I'm not sure it will be successful, is to get the public onside with the deal so that they pressure their local MP's to back it.

One thing I have taken from this is that T May, love her or hate her, is the hardest working PM that I can recall. She must be absolutely shattered.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:36 - Nov 29 with 3063 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:39 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wont be watching the debate, so doesn't impact on me.

So basically you just wanted another stick to beat Corbyn with then?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:37 - Nov 29 with 3061 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:32 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

The strategy seems to be, and I'm not sure it will be successful, is to get the public onside with the deal so that they pressure their local MP's to back it.

One thing I have taken from this is that T May, love her or hate her, is the hardest working PM that I can recall. She must be absolutely shattered.

This debate is pointless. May will say Corbyn is talking rubbish and that her deal is great. Corbyn will say May is talking rubbish and he could get a better deal.

Anyone who believes Labour could get a deal that would pass their own tests is deluded. Anyone who believes May's deal is a good deal is deluded.

May needs to go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:37 - Nov 29 with 3056 viewsBrixtonBlue

Entirely sensible and logical by Corbyn. Anyone using this to attack him is trying too hard.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:39 - Nov 29 with 3051 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 15:25 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would think;

My parents watch I'm A Celeb when it's scheduled. I imagine a lot of older people do.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:54 - Nov 29 with 3030 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yep, its a strange one.

Although most people dont rate the deal or May's policies. Her stock has risen in that people start to admire how hard working and resolute she is.

To be fair she has shown Boris to be nothing more than a bag of wind. And JC wont even nail his colours to the mast.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:55 - Nov 29 with 3026 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:36 - Nov 29 by BrixtonBlue

So basically you just wanted another stick to beat Corbyn with then?

Just an observation.

I thought it just showed how weak the man is.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:58 - Nov 29 with 3011 views26_Paz

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:55 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Just an observation.

How dare you question the Dear Leader ...

The Paz Man

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 17:06 - Nov 29 with 2988 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:58 - Nov 29 by 26_Paz

How dare you question the Dear Leader ...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 20:44 - Nov 29 with 2877 viewsElderGrizzly

How many people will really lobby their local MP?

Especially when the timing is 2 days before the vote?
Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 20:49 - Nov 29 with 2867 viewsPinewoodblue

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 20:44 - Nov 29 by ElderGrizzly

How many people will really lobby their local MP?

Especially when the timing is 2 days before the vote?

Activists will make contact by email with MPs the chief whip thinks can be pefsuaded either to support or abstain. Who will be able to tell if they are constituents of not

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 21:01 - Nov 29 with 2842 viewsfooters

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 16:55 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Just an observation.

Yeah, weak to have spent 30+ years in parliament, been voted leader, defeated a coup attempt and have represented his constituents' best interest for all that time, and taken all the flak from the mouth-breathing press in the meantime.

He's like Chamberlain! Oh wait, it was the Tories who were so weak as to fold to UKIP and the tabloid press, pushing our country into economic and political armageddon.

Why aren't all you right-wingers sending letters to Dave's writing shed?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 21:28 - Nov 29 with 2811 viewsElderGrizzly

Corbyn wants an ITV debate.. on 20:49 - Nov 29 by Pinewoodblue

Activists will make contact by email with MPs the chief whip thinks can be pefsuaded either to support or abstain. Who will be able to tell if they are constituents of not

Activists would do that without a debate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024