Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away days you expect nothing 15:02 - Jan 22 with 1757 viewsCoastalblue

Seeing the Villa thread (I'm hoping we might sneak a draw) have you got anywhere you never expect anything regardless of form and places?

Boro for me, saw us win at Ayresome Park once but otherwise a big fat nothing and always expect to lose.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Away days you expect nothing on 15:15 - Jan 22 with 1728 viewsChocorange

A couple of hard fought 1-0 away wins spring to mind, some 25 years apart.

The first in the fa cup ( when it still mattered) late eighties early nineties saw us win 1-0 away at Leeds. Dozz gave us the lead if i remember right and we hung on and hung on to win the game.
A long walk back to the city centre to get the train home after that one.
Also away at Brighton just after Christmas 3-4 years ago.
Evening game took my little 5/6 year old lad for one of his first away games.
Murphy scored , we won. Huge following that night.
Away days you expect nothing on 15:16 - Jan 22 with 1722 viewsTIB

But once that first sip hits your lips, your pleasantly and refreshingly surprised right?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Away days you expect nothing on 15:19 - Jan 22 with 1713 viewsSuperfrans

Carrot Road, I'm afraid.

It is so long since I've seen us win there. In fact, I think it's probably the away ground I've been to most and seen fewest wins.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Away days you expect nothing on 15:21 - Jan 22 with 1711 viewskeighleyblue

Liverpool at Anfield. One exception - December 2000. Marcus Stewart taking the pi$$

"45 mins In first half stoppage time Stewart breaks the deadlock with a wonderful goal. He breaks at pace into the area collecting Jamie Clapham's through ball before turning inside Stephane Henchoz, drawing Westerveld and putting the ball in the back of the net.
Liverpool 0-1 Ipswich Town"

These days it'd be
- Sheff Wednesday - never seen us win there
- Forest - ditto
- Accrington Stanley
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 15:33]
Away days you expect nothing on 15:27 - Jan 22 with 1698 viewsSitfcB

Nottingham Forest
Blackburn

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Away days you expect nothing on 16:22 - Jan 22 with 1619 viewsFtnfwest

not really on topic but i didn't expect much from the pompey away game in 1989 which ended up being played against horizontal rain in a mad storm. Went to college there between 1985-88 so i was staying down there on the saturday night which went well after our 3-2 win.
Away days you expect nothing on 17:06 - Jan 22 with 1581 viewsITFC_Forever

Liverpool away, January 1995, a week after I went to Wrexham and saw us lose in the FA Cup.

Can remember changing trains at Crewe and wondering exactly why I was bothering. If I wasn't meeting a girl I knew in Liverpool city centre for something to eat and drink before the game, I think I would have got on the next train back to uni.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away days you expect nothing on 17:09 - Jan 22 with 1574 viewshorsehollerer

Away days you expect nothing on 15:21 - Jan 22 by keighleyblue

Liverpool at Anfield. One exception - December 2000. Marcus Stewart taking the pi$$

"45 mins In first half stoppage time Stewart breaks the deadlock with a wonderful goal. He breaks at pace into the area collecting Jamie Clapham's through ball before turning inside Stephane Henchoz, drawing Westerveld and putting the ball in the back of the net.
Liverpool 0-1 Ipswich Town"

These days it'd be
- Sheff Wednesday - never seen us win there
- Forest - ditto
- Accrington Stanley
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 15:33]

I was in the Kop with my Liverpool supporting mate the day we REALLY took the pi$$. Don't think we had another shot all game, did we?!

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Login to get fewer ads

on 17:11 - Jan 22 with 1563 views_

Away days you expect nothing on 17:26 - Jan 22 with 1535 viewsKieran_Knows

Going back 6-7 years now, but I went a period of where I had gone to Charlton away, Southampton away and Coventry away twice, and saw us lose on all 6 occasions, 2-1.

Been Charlton a couple of times since and won, so managed to break that habit!

Back to not expecting a result somewhere, usually Norwich! Haven’t seen us win at their place after multiple times going!!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Away days you expect nothing on 19:27 - Jan 22 with 1465 viewsIllinoisblue

Away days you expect nothing on 17:06 - Jan 22 by ITFC_Forever

Liverpool away, January 1995, a week after I went to Wrexham and saw us lose in the FA Cup.

Can remember changing trains at Crewe and wondering exactly why I was bothering. If I wasn't meeting a girl I knew in Liverpool city centre for something to eat and drink before the game, I think I would have got on the next train back to uni.

was at Wrexham; opted for that over going to Liverpool. With hindsight not a great decision.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Away days you expect nothing on 19:34 - Jan 22 with 1454 viewsgainsboroughblue

West Brom was a ground we would win at every year in the 80s/90s. 2000's onwards, nothing.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024