Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club 06:03 - Feb 24 with 4475 viewsbontcho

He’s just started it turning hasn’t he? Three draws, all different but certainly 2 good performances. It will almost definitely be too late for this year but I’ve got faith for next year.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 06:48 - Feb 24 with 4419 viewspennblue

I think it started turning when he joined. Although it takes time to see green shoots when you are just starting to seed.

This is PROPER tractor boy talk!

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 06:57 - Feb 24 with 4407 viewsurbanblue

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 06:48 - Feb 24 by pennblue

I think it started turning when he joined. Although it takes time to see green shoots when you are just starting to seed.

Without doubt we are now starting to look a lot, lot better. Just a shame that it looks like it's coming a bit too late!

P.S. I am a blue and never want to be referred to as a Tractor Boy thanks
PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 08:01 - Feb 24 with 4231 viewsHerbivore

The turning point is when we actually start winning some games surely?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 08:07 - Feb 24 with 4214 viewsbontcho

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 08:01 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

The turning point is when we actually start winning some games surely?

But we look a lot better right? And I did say it’s just started turning, it’s not turned yet we’re a slow old tanker.

Bulgarian penalty hero

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 08:09 - Feb 24 with 4201 viewsbontcho

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 06:48 - Feb 24 by pennblue

We’re just seeing them on the pitch now I think.

Bulgarian penalty hero

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 08:26 - Feb 24 with 4161 viewsHerbivore

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 08:07 - Feb 24 by bontcho

But we look a lot better right? And I did say it’s just started turning, it’s not turned yet we’re a slow old tanker.

We look better than we did in January and much of December but we still don't look like scoring, certainly not more than one goal a game, and we always look like conceding. I think it's too early to say anything is turning. That said, I don't necessarily expect it to turn this season. I think we'll go down by a big margin with a few games left. I'm expecting the summer to be the turning point when Lambert gets a full pre season to shape his squad.

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:14 - Feb 24 with 3992 viewsDurovigutum

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 08:26 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

We look better than we did in January and much of December but we still don't look like scoring, certainly not more than one goal a game, and we always look like conceding. I think it's too early to say anything is turning. That said, I don't necessarily expect it to turn this season. I think we'll go down by a big margin with a few games left. I'm expecting the summer to be the turning point when Lambert gets a full pre season to shape his squad.

We're turning, but a goal scorer is the main difference between teams in this league. Look at Pukey and think back to Murphy in the play off season. We need to find a goal scorer for League one who can then step up once we get back up.
PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:29 - Feb 24 with 3926 viewsHerbivore

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:14 - Feb 24 by Durovigutum

We're turning, but a goal scorer is the main difference between teams in this league. Look at Pukey and think back to Murphy in the play off season. We need to find a goal scorer for League one who can then step up once we get back up.

Although we're not really creating chances for a goalscorer to take.

Login to get fewer ads

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:47 - Feb 24 with 3867 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:29 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Don’t be silly, no wins in 7, glory days are well and truly here again

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:47 - Feb 24 with 3866 viewsChocorange

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:29 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

We did OK making chances against Derby and until the sending off yesterday. Green shoots beginning to show.

Once we had the penalty and goal, and with 10 men , the game plan changed to soaking up pressure and saving energy.

I wouldn't use yesterday's game after the sending off to write off the amount of chances we are making. Most teams don't when they are a man short.
PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:52 - Feb 24 with 3852 viewsHerbivore

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:47 - Feb 24 by Chocorange

We did OK making chances against Derby and until the sending off yesterday. Green shoots beginning to show.

Once we had the penalty and goal, and with 10 men , the game plan changed to soaking up pressure and saving energy.

I wouldn't use yesterday's game after the sending off to write off the amount of chances we are making. Most teams don't when they are a man short.

I'm using basically every game this season, with maybe a couple of exceptions, to write off our ability to create chances. We were toothless against Stoke and Norwich. Derby we managed a few half chances and that was probably our best performance of the season.

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:26 - Feb 24 with 3723 viewsCuffy81

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:47 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

My word, you would have been absolutely GUTTED if we actually won yesterday 🙄
PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:30 - Feb 24 with 3708 viewsKropotkin123

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 08:26 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

But you just said the turning point has to be when we are winning. You can't count pre-season results. We don't even get points for those games.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:32 - Feb 24 with 3702 viewsCoco

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 09:47 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This huge container vessel 🚢 was heading so far off course that it’s gonna take a while to get it back on the right track. Lambo is steering it though.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:36 - Feb 24 with 3677 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:26 - Feb 24 by Cuffy81

My word, you would have been absolutely GUTTED if we actually won yesterday 🙄

Yep, because I’m the one basking in yet another failure to win

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:38 - Feb 24 with 3668 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:32 - Feb 24 by Coco

This huge container vessel 🚢 was heading so far off course that it’s gonna take a while to get it back on the right track. Lambo is steering it though.

And yet still that container vessel picked up as many points in the 5 games preceding Lambert as it has in the last 5 under him

Hopefully that record will have changed after next week

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:56 - Feb 24 with 3620 viewsKropotkin123

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:38 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And yet still that container vessel picked up as many points in the 5 games preceding Lambert as it has in the last 5 under him

Hopefully that record will have changed after next week

The thing is...

- Our container vessel had many holes in it that need repairing.
- We see that Lambert has been plugging a few holes, but there are many more remaining.
- Given time he should be able to patch up more holes.
- Sinking is very much expected and still happening.
- It is unrealistic to expect him to do much else this season.

Lambert's role as captain of the ship is about...
- Patching the up the container vessel as best as possible
- Calming everyone on this sinking ship
- Giving lifeboats to those that can mend it and dredge us up next season.

I think he has done well in this sense.

I get it, from below deck in the fans quarters it is difficult to understand why he can't turn things around quicker. Our view of the top is quite far removed. To help, here is an illustration of the ship he is trying to steer...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 12:49 - Feb 24 with 3476 viewsHerbivore

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 10:30 - Feb 24 by Kropotkin123

But you just said the turning point has to be when we are winning. You can't count pre-season results. We don't even get points for those games.

I'd take some wins as evidence of things turning but I'm not expecting it. The summer will be crucial and that's when I'd hope for our fortunes to genuinely turn from.

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 12:56 - Feb 24 with 3467 viewsBluebell

You seem to forget that it wasn't Lambert who got rid of Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick.

Lambert has done his best by bringing in Keane, Quaner and Judge. He has also got Jackson getting up to Championship standard. It's not his fault that Sears and Harrison (and now Keane) are injured either. He's doing his best with what he has got.

There are still 36 points to play for. I will not give up believing until (or if) it is not mathmatically possible to stay up.
PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 13:27 - Feb 24 with 3396 viewsGarv

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 12:56 - Feb 24 by Bluebell

You seem to forget that it wasn't Lambert who got rid of Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick.

Lambert has done his best by bringing in Keane, Quaner and Judge. He has also got Jackson getting up to Championship standard. It's not his fault that Sears and Harrison (and now Keane) are injured either. He's doing his best with what he has got.

There are still 36 points to play for. I will not give up believing until (or if) it is not mathmatically possible to stay up.

Have to disagree regarding Jackson. Might be a championship player in a few years but not at the minute.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 13:36 - Feb 24 with 3361 viewsfooters

Despite my positivity, we have the turning circle of an oil tanker. End of.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 13:42 - Feb 24 with 3332 viewsreusersfreekicks

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 13:36 - Feb 24 by footers

Despite my positivity, we have the turning circle of an oil tanker. End of.

It is a good analogy. Anyone without an agenda can see the general play is improving. Long way to go but it has started
PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 14:03 - Feb 24 with 3283 viewsHerbivore

PL often talks about “when it turns” referring to our club on 12:56 - Feb 24 by Bluebell

I haven't forgotten anything. I'm aware he didn't get rid of those players. That has no bearing on my post though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024