Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The equaliser - double standards edition 10:59 - Feb 24 with 3994 viewsartsbossbeard

Just watched the highlights.

Know, if Knudsen had been the man to be beaten on the left and then not able to stick out a leg in an attempt to stop the ball getting into the area, then there'd have been about 15 separate thread on it.

I note a big fat zero on the subject. Is there an agenda?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:17 - Feb 24 with 3927 viewsGarv

Yes, but it's pretty obvious why isn't it?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:44 - Feb 24 with 3870 viewspointofblue

Lambert laying into Downes publicly has probably taken some heat off him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:47 - Feb 24 with 3854 viewspatrickswell

The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:17 - Feb 24 by Garv

Yes, but it's pretty obvious why isn't it?

Indeed. Had that game finished in the manner that it did with us having 11 men on the pitch, I’d probably have posted something criticising the whole team for lack of mental strength and inability to get the job done. But when it’s come after 10 men have had to go nearly an hour defending a lead, then the blame lies with Knudsen who threw his team-mates under a bus with his actions.

This is a week after he gives away an horrendous goal against Stoke and, can’t catch a break, by having a Tom Lawrence shot deflect off him and into the net against Derby. Let’s hope he’s got the bad things come in threes out his system now. Let’s also hope James Collins is fit next week so we can keep going with this three at the back system.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 11:48]
The equaliser - double standards edition on 14:53 - Feb 24 with 3669 viewsGarv

The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:44 - Feb 24 by pointofblue

Lambert laying into Downes publicly has probably taken some heat off him.

'Laying into'. Haha.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The equaliser - double standards edition on 17:30 - Feb 24 with 3480 viewspointofblue

The equaliser - double standards edition on 14:53 - Feb 24 by Garv

'Laying into'. Haha.

Criticising then?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The equaliser - double standards edition on 07:58 - Feb 25 with 3269 viewsbadadski

The equaliser - double standards edition on 17:30 - Feb 24 by pointofblue

Criticising then?

I don’t think being beaten by a faster more skilful winger was a big issue. If he had taken him out then it would have left a dangerous position freekick also. My issue is the ball being crossed in could have been cleared by the looks of it by Chambers off his left foot but he tried to gets his trailing right foot over to it and missed it. Footballer can’t use both feet issue again.
The equaliser - double standards edition on 08:07 - Feb 25 with 3249 viewsm14_blue

The equaliser - double standards edition on 07:58 - Feb 25 by badadski

I don’t think being beaten by a faster more skilful winger was a big issue. If he had taken him out then it would have left a dangerous position freekick also. My issue is the ball being crossed in could have been cleared by the looks of it by Chambers off his left foot but he tried to gets his trailing right foot over to it and missed it. Footballer can’t use both feet issue again.

Downes should never have been beaten there, he had the situation completely under control and the somehow let the winger get away from him.
The equaliser - double standards edition on 08:10 - Feb 25 with 3242 viewsfooters

Not one of Roger Moore's better films but still worth a watch.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

The equaliser - double standards edition on 08:15 - Feb 25 with 3230 viewsitfcjoe

A weakness in Downes game definitely, it has cost us before.

People going on about Knudsen not being able to stop crosses was always silly, like they aren't up against good wide players desperately trying to beat them and deliver a ball in.

On a separate note, Reece James is quality - wouldn't surprise me if he is England squad for the next Euro's

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 08:16 - Feb 25 with 3227 views_

The equaliser - double standards edition on 09:46 - Feb 25 with 3114 viewsbraveblue

The equaliser - double standards edition on 08:15 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

A weakness in Downes game definitely, it has cost us before.

People going on about Knudsen not being able to stop crosses was always silly, like they aren't up against good wide players desperately trying to beat them and deliver a ball in.

On a separate note, Reece James is quality - wouldn't surprise me if he is England squad for the next Euro's

Downed does not claim to be an experienced international left back. Captain Marvel should have cut it out but missed the ball.
The equaliser - double standards edition on 09:59 - Feb 25 with 3095 viewsBluefish

I remember a game earlier in the season where Spence was getting slaughtered because his opponent managed to get a cross into the box and they eventually scored. He apparently was cut out to play football because he didn't stop the opponent getting a cross into the box, pointing out that there are probably around 20 crosses into the box most games and the opposition full backs aren't slaughtered for it was lost on our lot though. We have some really really poor support, we obviously have some good ones too but on the whole most are thick as pig s....

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The equaliser - double standards edition on 10:01 - Feb 25 with 3080 viewsBluefish

The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:47 - Feb 24 by patrickswell

Indeed. Had that game finished in the manner that it did with us having 11 men on the pitch, I’d probably have posted something criticising the whole team for lack of mental strength and inability to get the job done. But when it’s come after 10 men have had to go nearly an hour defending a lead, then the blame lies with Knudsen who threw his team-mates under a bus with his actions.

This is a week after he gives away an horrendous goal against Stoke and, can’t catch a break, by having a Tom Lawrence shot deflect off him and into the net against Derby. Let’s hope he’s got the bad things come in threes out his system now. Let’s also hope James Collins is fit next week so we can keep going with this three at the back system.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 11:48]

What is it about Jonas that turns you into such a hysterical melt?

You either think he is worse than our other 2 left backs in which case your football knowledge is laughable and worse than mine missus

Or

You are so deeply hurt by him saying a few nice words about his old manager that you have lost all sense of reason.

Both are very concerning

The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:46 - Feb 25 with 2969 viewspatrickswell

The equaliser - double standards edition on 10:01 - Feb 25 by Bluefish

What is it about Jonas that turns you into such a hysterical melt?

You either think he is worse than our other 2 left backs in which case your football knowledge is laughable and worse than mine missus

Or

You are so deeply hurt by him saying a few nice words about his old manager that you have lost all sense of reason.

Both are very concerning

I was supportive of Mick so Jonas saying supportive stuff about him doesn't bother me.

I find it more concerning that any criticism of players who have consistently made errors that have a direct negative bearing on our results ends up in the pile-on that seems to have occurred since Saturday.

Given what a charmless tvvat you seem, I'm surprised to hear that you have a missus to talk about football with.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 11:59]
The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:55 - Feb 25 with 2942 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The equaliser - double standards edition on 08:07 - Feb 25 by m14_blue

Downes should never have been beaten there, he had the situation completely under control and the somehow let the winger get away from him.

That’s how I saw it - Downes had just come on and the player just beat him too easily.
The equaliser - double standards edition on 12:10 - Feb 25 with 2905 viewsBluefish

The equaliser - double standards edition on 11:46 - Feb 25 by patrickswell

I was supportive of Mick so Jonas saying supportive stuff about him doesn't bother me.

I find it more concerning that any criticism of players who have consistently made errors that have a direct negative bearing on our results ends up in the pile-on that seems to have occurred since Saturday.

Given what a charmless tvvat you seem, I'm surprised to hear that you have a missus to talk about football with.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 11:59]

Hahaha you soft moron, another top blub. Jonas is our best left back by a big distance.

The equaliser - double standards edition on 12:58 - Feb 25 with 2847 viewsitfcjoe

The equaliser - double standards edition on 09:46 - Feb 25 by braveblue

Downed does not claim to be an experienced international left back. Captain Marvel should have cut it out but missed the ball.

Knudsen doesn't 'claim' to be anything either

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The equaliser - double standards edition on 17:45 - Feb 25 with 2707 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Know, if Knudsen had been the man to be beaten on the left and then not able to stick out a leg in an attempt to stop the ball getting into the area, then there'd have been about 15 separate thread on it

NOW not know. C'mon mate you're better than that.

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024