Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Physicality 10:12 - Apr 24 with 4804 viewsSouperJim

We're a terribly lightweight team aren't we? Who's our biggest lump, Nsiala?

Top of my shopping list is an Alan Lee clone.

We're doomed.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Physicality on 10:18 - Apr 24 with 4111 viewsbracknell_blue

We do seem to get bullied off the ball way too easily. That will only get worse in L1. Nsiala is perhaps our biggest "lump" but if you look at him he still has quite a slight build for a CB.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Physicality on 10:39 - Apr 24 with 4080 viewstextbackup

we lack character and presence in my opinion/

the size of the lads we had in 200/01 then add to that them as people, we seem shy little boys compared.

a dressing room of venus Mowbray jim johnno Naylor scrowcroft reuser VS spence Jackson dozzell etc

men against boys

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Physicality on 10:40 - Apr 24 with 4076 viewsLKW15

I was next to Ellis Harrison and Emyr Huws in the gym at david lloyds yesterday and i was surprised skinny/slight Harrison is, Huws is bigger than i thought though
Physicality on 10:57 - Apr 24 with 4021 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert knows this. Look at the business we do in the summer. I would be surprised if we don't see a couple of brutes come in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Physicality on 11:01 - Apr 24 with 4002 viewsJDB23

This was the most glaringly obvious aspect to our game that I noticed on the opening day vs Blackburn and carried on throughout the season. The midfield is especially lightweight but I would say this is the area of the team that least needs strengthening, will be an interesting summer for sure.
Physicality on 11:04 - Apr 24 with 3988 viewsbontcho

Physicality on 11:01 - Apr 24 by JDB23

This was the most glaringly obvious aspect to our game that I noticed on the opening day vs Blackburn and carried on throughout the season. The midfield is especially lightweight but I would say this is the area of the team that least needs strengthening, will be an interesting summer for sure.

If PL doesn't think Skuse can provide this I think he'll try and get someone in to do so, but I reckon he'll be ok.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Physicality on 11:21 - Apr 24 with 3960 viewsNo9

Quaner isn't exactly small is he?
Physicality on 12:07 - Apr 24 with 3888 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yep, Nsiala.

Also depends whether we keep Collins and Keane. Not entirely likely.

Some pace wouldnt go amiss.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Physicality on 12:08 - Apr 24 with 3886 viewsSouperJim

Physicality on 11:21 - Apr 24 by No9

Not our player tho innit.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 12:08]

Physicality on 12:09 - Apr 24 with 3877 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Physicality on 10:39 - Apr 24 by textbackup

we lack character and presence in my opinion/

the size of the lads we had in 200/01 then add to that them as people, we seem shy little boys compared.

a dressing room of venus Mowbray jim johnno Naylor scrowcroft reuser VS spence Jackson dozzell etc

men against boys

I wouldnt disagree, but yu would think that Bart, Collins, Chambo, Skuse and Judge would bring some character.

Not sure comparing the core of the 2000 team with fringe players in todays squad is fair.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Physicality on 12:10 - Apr 24 with 3872 viewsKieran_Knows

For a big man he hardly uses this frame well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Physicality on 12:11 - Apr 24 with 3872 viewsSouperJim

Physicality on 11:01 - Apr 24 by JDB23

Villa at home was the worst game for me, men against boys and bullied all game.

We need 3 lumps for me, CB, CDM, ST.

Physicality on 12:11 - Apr 24 with 3865 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kiefer Moore? ;-)

Physicality on 12:13 - Apr 24 with 3859 viewsReuser_is_God

No but he's a massive fanny.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Physicality on 12:13 - Apr 24 with 3862 viewstextbackup

Physicality on 12:09 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wouldnt disagree, but yu would think that Bart, Collins, Chambo, Skuse and Judge would bring some character.

Not sure comparing the core of the 2000 team with fringe players in todays squad is fair.

you are of course correct with the players I've chosen to compare against, is wrong of me to do so.

however, bart is quiet as a mouse, skuse wouldn't confront anything/anyone.

can see judge being a bit of a lively one, and chambers obviously. but what can chambers say that he hasn't already said over the last few years? must fall on deaf ears at times

Physicality on 12:17 - Apr 24 with 3832 viewsSouperJim

Physicality on 12:13 - Apr 24 by textbackup

you are of course correct with the players I've chosen to compare against, is wrong of me to do so.

however, bart is quiet as a mouse, skuse wouldn't confront anything/anyone.

can see judge being a bit of a lively one, and chambers obviously. but what can chambers say that he hasn't already said over the last few years? must fall on deaf ears at times

This is why I'm on the fence about Collins, if there is any way we can nurse him through 20 games next season it would really help us. The bloke is an absolute monster.

Physicality on 12:19 - Apr 24 with 3827 viewsDennyx4

This is the reason we have conceded so many from set pieces and rarely score from corners.

Why we let Berra and Smith leave for free, still irks me.
Physicality on 12:20 - Apr 24 with 3821 viewsCuffy81

Absolutely couldn't agree more

We are particularly lightweight in midfield, we get bullied physically

We undoubtedly need a target man to hold the ball up.
Physicality on 12:20 - Apr 24 with 3822 viewstextbackup

Physicality on 12:17 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

This is why I'm on the fence about Collins, if there is any way we can nurse him through 20 games next season it would really help us. The bloke is an absolute monster.

he is, but so far its been such a pointless signing. if he is going to last 45mins every 10 games it really is a waste of time

Physicality on 12:23 - Apr 24 with 3808 viewsSouperJim

Physicality on 12:20 - Apr 24 by textbackup

he is, but so far its been such a pointless signing. if he is going to last 45mins every 10 games it really is a waste of time

He was absolutely immense again Rotherham, not that I disagree with your overall assessment.

Physicality on 12:27 - Apr 24 with 3797 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm undecided.

I agree he would be a great character, but could also be a liability in terms of taking up a wage and not getting much playing time.

Physicality on 13:11 - Apr 24 with 3709 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Physicality on 12:20 - Apr 24 by textbackup

Exactly. Complete waste of time - he simply won’t be fit enough to justify it.

I expect we’ll sign him though.
Physicality on 13:23 - Apr 24 with 3671 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

His average number of league games per season, across his 19 season career is c.19, and that includes his prime years.

I think we need to part ways.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 13:23]

Physicality on 13:30 - Apr 24 with 3641 viewshampstead_blue

Physicality on 12:09 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chambers, Bart, and Skuse as a spine is spineless.
We need a spine. These three are jellyfish.

A real spine would give the kids more protection and a much better chance to shine.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Physicality on 14:04 - Apr 24 with 3561 viewsIpswichKnight

Physicality on 12:27 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm undecided.

I agree he would be a great character, but could also be a liability in terms of taking up a wage and not getting much playing time.

No chance we should offer a proper full time contract, however if we offered a pay as you play deal that could work as when he's fit he plays! I also can't see many clubs offering a proper deal either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024