Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much have we missed Waghorn this season 13:06 - Apr 26 with 2561 viewsItfcesssx

Season 17/18
Goals 16
Assists 11 1st
Free kick scored 2/11 1st
Scoring frequency (in minutes) 217 1st
Total shots per game 1.9 1st
Big chances created 7 1st
Key passes per game 1.5 1st
Accurate passes per game 1.2 (27%) 1st

This season
Sears/ Edwards 6
Assists Sears 4 1st
Free kicks scored 0
Scoring frequency (in minutes) Sears 310 1st
Total shots per game Judge 1.3 1st
Big chances created Pennington & Jackson 2 each
Key passes per game Judge 1.4 per game 1st
Accurate passes per game Skuse 31.9 (80%) 1st
How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:08 - Apr 26 with 2548 viewschicoazul

Remember when someone on here said some of his assists dont count because he took corners?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:10 - Apr 26 with 2535 viewsGeoffSentence

If I am reading this right, the accurate passes per game statistic also tells a story.

But it is a big IF.

Was Waggy really our most accurate passer with only 1.2 accurate passes per game and an accurate passing rate of only 27%?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:11 - Apr 26 with 2532 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, been a massive loss

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:11 - Apr 26 with 2536 viewsActionMan

Waghorn + Didz would have been ideal.

But we wanted to free up wages and make sales so we could buy from League One. The result I guess we should have expected.
How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:41 - Apr 26 with 2453 viewsNo9

Towns very poor midfield wouldn't have got the ball to him so it doesn't matter
How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:50 - Apr 26 with 2446 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:11 - Apr 26 by ActionMan

Waghorn + Didz would have been ideal.

But we wanted to free up wages and make sales so we could buy from League One. The result I guess we should have expected.

I'm not sure that Didz would have been fit for us.

Seems that getting rid of his mammoth commute has helped him get on the pitch.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:56 - Apr 26 with 2438 viewsitfcjoe

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:50 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not sure that Didz would have been fit for us.

Seems that getting rid of his mammoth commute has helped him get on the pitch.

He didn't commute daily - that is a myth.

Unless his commute from Nottingham to Ipswich involved him coming out of a cul-de-sac onto Bucklesham Road when I passed him most mornings....

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:31 - Apr 26 with 2381 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 13:56 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

He didn't commute daily - that is a myth.

Unless his commute from Nottingham to Ipswich involved him coming out of a cul-de-sac onto Bucklesham Road when I passed him most mornings....

I thought it was something Mick said in an interview.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:34 - Apr 26 with 2375 viewsitfcjoe

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:31 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

No, just an urban myth that grew legs - his family lived there and he went back for days off etc but wasn't doing it every day

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:46 - Apr 26 with 2345 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:34 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

No, just an urban myth that grew legs - his family lived there and he went back for days off etc but wasn't doing it every day

I think there was more to it than a myth, but maybe it got exaggerated.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/gerken-on-mcgoldrick-returning-

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:50 - Apr 26 with 2331 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If only he was an obvious loss before we even sold him.

Oh..
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 14:50]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:50 - Apr 26 with 2335 viewsITFC_Forever

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:31 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

He'd go back after games / midweek when they had time off, so he was making the journey 4 times plus each week (two there, two back).

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:59 - Apr 26 with 2316 viewsPhilTWTD

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:34 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

Indeed, was never suggested he did it every day, just that travelling there and back a couple of times a week may have had an impact on his fitness. Looking back McCarthy referred to it as "not a commute".

McGoldrick Misses Burton, Gerken Out for Season 9th Feb 2018 16:36
Town will again be without striker David McGoldrick when they face Burton Albion at Portman Road on Saturday, while keeper Dean Gerken has been ruled out for the season having undergone hip surgery. 12

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 15:26 - Apr 26 with 2265 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:59 - Apr 26 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, was never suggested he did it every day, just that travelling there and back a couple of times a week may have had an impact on his fitness. Looking back McCarthy referred to it as "not a commute".

McGoldrick Misses Burton, Gerken Out for Season 9th Feb 2018 16:36
Town will again be without striker David McGoldrick when they face Burton Albion at Portman Road on Saturday, while keeper Dean Gerken has been ruled out for the season having undergone hip surgery. 12

By definition it's a twice weekly commute.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 15:26]

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 16:11 - Apr 26 with 2186 viewsitfcjoe

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:46 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think there was more to it than a myth, but maybe it got exaggerated.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/gerken-on-mcgoldrick-returning-

I think when it was described as his family living there it was made out that he was up and down there every day for training - which would obviously be ridiculous as a footballer - rather than back once midweek if no game and on a Sunday.

Berra used to go up and down to Edinburgh on a day off, a lot of players do travel like that which seems far from ideal but they are just normal people with normal lives in many respects.

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 18:49 - Apr 26 with 2103 viewsstrikalite

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 14:50 - Apr 26 by ITFC_Forever

He'd go back after games / midweek when they had time off, so he was making the journey 4 times plus each week (two there, two back).

Now he's less than 50 miles away straight down the M1, and some people still think it was because Mick Mac went or even Hurst's fault....I bet he misses that A14..
How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 19:35 - Apr 26 with 2067 viewsBloomBlue

He would still be here if MM was manager, he only left because MM left
How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 20:46 - Apr 26 with 2005 viewsMVBlue

I knew we were in trouble when Waghorn left. I will forever be haunted by the picture on TWTD of Chris Doig, a big man and supposed coach, jumped on Waghorns back, our precious multi-million pound prize striker asset, what idiocy. Days after he declared his departure. Oh boy was it obvious we were going backwards then.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 20:49]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 21:03 - Apr 26 with 1991 viewsPJH

How much have we missed Waghorn this season on 20:46 - Apr 26 by MVBlue

I knew we were in trouble when Waghorn left. I will forever be haunted by the picture on TWTD of Chris Doig, a big man and supposed coach, jumped on Waghorns back, our precious multi-million pound prize striker asset, what idiocy. Days after he declared his departure. Oh boy was it obvious we were going backwards then.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 20:49]

I knew we were in trouble before Waghorn left but him and then Garner going sealed the deal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024