Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... 15:50 - May 13 with 3873 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I'll start

Two door cinema club
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 15:56 - May 13 with 2874 viewsFoD_Blue

Rammstein

Not a band I tend to listen to at home, but once they are live with their stage show and the cranked up volume they are brilliant.
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:00 - May 13 with 2866 viewsHerbivore

Muse. I'm not really a fan but saw them at Reading years ago and they were epic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:00 - May 13 with 2866 viewsSikamikanico

I have a few bands/acts this applies to:

Foo Fighters
James Brown
Crosby, Stills and Nash
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:02 - May 13 with 2858 viewsSikamikanico

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:00 - May 13 by Herbivore

Muse. I'm not really a fan but saw them at Reading years ago and they were epic.

I saw them at V Festival back in 2001 and they were awful. Put me off listening to anything they did for years
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:03 - May 13 with 2854 viewsSpruceMoose

Hear me out...

Ocean Colour Scene

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:06 - May 13 with 2841 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Faithless

Gus Uhlenbeek

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:13 - May 13 with 2825 viewsblueislander

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:06 - May 13 by ShropshireBluenago09

Faithless

I think Fergal really rates The Dropkick Murpheys
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:17 - May 13 with 2815 viewsSpruceMoose

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:13 - May 13 by blueislander

I think Fergal was dropped on his head as a baby personally.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:28 - May 13 with 2791 viewsLord_Lucan

I think they are brilliant anyway but as a live band they are the bomb!

Simple Minds.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:28 - May 13 with 2790 viewsvilanovablue

Kasabian albums a little meh but really enjoyed them live. I'd second Faithless as well seen them live a couple of times.
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:50 - May 13 with 2752 viewslongtimefan

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:28 - May 13 by Lord_Lucan

Simple Minds.

I must have been unlucky then. Loved their music but saw them three times in the late 80s and was left disappointed each time
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 17:18 - May 13 with 2707 viewsFoD_Blue

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:03 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

Hear me out...

Ocean Colour Scene

Saw them at V festival in 2007 because they were, to me, the best of a bad bunch of bands on at that time of day (Only went to the festival for the day to see the Foo Fighters).
I was surprised at how good they were live. So much so that I have seen them a couple of times since at their own shows.
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 17:25 - May 13 with 2686 viewsHerbivore

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:02 - May 13 by Sikamikanico

I saw them at V Festival back in 2001 and they were awful. Put me off listening to anything they did for years

Fair dos. I own none of their stuff and wouldn't choose to listen to them but they were superb live and are well-known for being a great live band. Maybe you caught them on an off night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 17:42 - May 13 with 2667 viewshampstead_blue

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:00 - May 13 by Herbivore

Agree.

Their sounds kind of grows and morphs live.
I saw the Absolution tour gig, Earls Court a long time ago.

Loved it.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 17:43 - May 13 with 2664 viewshampstead_blue

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:06 - May 13 by ShropshireBluenago09

Faithless

Mrs H and I had a date at the Roundhouse watching Underworld....kind of similar.

We were drinking all day so by the time of the gig we were wasted. Pogo'd and threw many pints all over the place.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:18 - May 13 with 2638 viewsnorfsufblue

The Selecter also went to see The Specials last night and too be fair they are still up there!
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:23 - May 13 with 2633 viewsLord_Lucan

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:50 - May 13 by longtimefan

I must have been unlucky then. Loved their music but saw them three times in the late 80s and was left disappointed each time

Really?

I saw them at Wembley in 89 and it was one of the best gigs I've been to, I also saw them at MK Bowl in or around 1990 and they were very good. Last saw them in Cambridge a few years back and they weren't great.

Mind you I think enjoyment matched acid intake.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:28 - May 13 with 2619 viewsgtsb

Unfortunately not anymore but the band that fell into this category were The Prodigy.
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:34 - May 13 with 2611 viewsJ4ck22

I'm going to see them in a few weeks, I can't wait.
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:35 - May 13 with 2609 viewsDubtractor

Michael Kiwanuka.

Saw him (and extensive band) at a festival a couple of years ago, and only saw him as there wasn't anything better on. Easily set of the weekend though, just an incredible set, helped by an absolutely tip top sound mix on the big stage.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:36 - May 13 with 2604 viewsLord_Lucan

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:18 - May 13 by norfsufblue

The Selecter also went to see The Specials last night and too be fair they are still up there!

Were they at Brixton last night?

My mate is going / has gone? to that one.

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:38 - May 13 with 2601 viewsDubtractor

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:28 - May 13 by Lord_Lucan

Simple Minds.

I would have loved to see them around the time they did the Sisters/Brothers double album. That, and Empires and Dance, is pretty much the pinnacle of what they did.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:38 - May 13 with 2600 viewsBluefish

Simple Minds.

Agreed

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:44 - May 13 with 2592 viewsnorfsufblue

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 18:36 - May 13 by Lord_Lucan

Were they at Brixton last night?

My mate is going / has gone? to that one.

Cambridge Corn Exchange
Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 19:39 - May 13 with 2540 viewsjaykay

Bands that you just think are ok but are brilliant live.... on 16:13 - May 13 by blueislander

blasphemy , put a e in murphy

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024