Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conservation in Ipswich 10:47 - Jul 30 with 1275 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

My girlfriend has a photography project based around conservation and what it means and needs to do a couple of photo shoots of conservation areas/techniques.
I've got one nature reserve lined up for tonight that we're going to try, but we wanted to ideally have two or three different locations that she can include.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here knows of any possible locations that we could try. It can cover anything conservation based: nature reserves, historical locations, energy conservation etc.

Cheers
Conservation in Ipswich on 10:55 - Jul 30 with 1230 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What about Thorpeness as a setting?

Holiday village built in 1920's that has retained its character over a century, whilst also accepting some development.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Conservation in Ipswich on 11:02 - Jul 30 with 1216 viewshenrydesmith

Not sure if any of these will help but you have languard fort in Felixstowe which has been reopened after a conservation project this link may help http://www.discoverlandguard.org.uk/assets/Documents/1339-27Landguard-PeninsulaO

Would make for some good photos too!

On the energy front you have sizewell up the a12 which sits in the Suffolk coastal aonb which also has an offshore wind farm next to it so you’ve got complete polar opposites with nuclear power and wind power, you can get some good shots from aldeburgh of both up the beach!

Sorry for the poor formatting I normally just lurk and don’t post
Orford Ness all the way on 11:08 - Jul 30 with 1189 viewsBobbychase

You've got a nature reserve with preserved military stuff in its midst.

And then you can reward yourself with a treat from the excellent Pump Street Bakery

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Conservation in Ipswich on 11:46 - Jul 30 with 1133 viewsGeoffSentence

One of my favourite lesser known historical locations in Suffolk is Wenham Castle

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1033405

Access is quite limited, there is a track that goes behind it to the church, but that makes it quite special in its own right. It is surrounded by Elizabethan buildings, houses and farm buildings. The wildlife around it is rich and abundant.

The castle and the houses are privately owned so I presume permission would be required to to get up close to them, but there is public access all the way around.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Conservation in Ipswich on 11:47 - Jul 30 with 1131 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Conservation in Ipswich on 10:55 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

What about Thorpeness as a setting?

Holiday village built in 1920's that has retained its character over a century, whilst also accepting some development.

Had no idea about that, will give it a look, thanks!
Conservation in Ipswich on 11:47 - Jul 30 with 1131 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Conservation in Ipswich on 11:02 - Jul 30 by henrydesmith

Not sure if any of these will help but you have languard fort in Felixstowe which has been reopened after a conservation project this link may help http://www.discoverlandguard.org.uk/assets/Documents/1339-27Landguard-PeninsulaO

Would make for some good photos too!

On the energy front you have sizewell up the a12 which sits in the Suffolk coastal aonb which also has an offshore wind farm next to it so you’ve got complete polar opposites with nuclear power and wind power, you can get some good shots from aldeburgh of both up the beach!

Sorry for the poor formatting I normally just lurk and don’t post

Excellent shout RE Landguard Fort. We may very well give it a look.
Conservation in Ipswich on 11:52 - Jul 30 with 1121 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Conservation in Ipswich on 11:46 - Jul 30 by GeoffSentence

One of my favourite lesser known historical locations in Suffolk is Wenham Castle

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1033405

Access is quite limited, there is a track that goes behind it to the church, but that makes it quite special in its own right. It is surrounded by Elizabethan buildings, houses and farm buildings. The wildlife around it is rich and abundant.

The castle and the houses are privately owned so I presume permission would be required to to get up close to them, but there is public access all the way around.

Odd, I can't find this on Google Maps. Even Church Lane, Little Wenham doesn't appear to exist on there. Do you know which road I'd need to be on to locate it?
Conservation in Ipswich on 12:02 - Jul 30 with 1104 viewsEwan_Oozami

Conservation in Ipswich on 11:52 - Jul 30 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Odd, I can't find this on Google Maps. Even Church Lane, Little Wenham doesn't appear to exist on there. Do you know which road I'd need to be on to locate it?

Just north west of Capel St Mary

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Conservation in Ipswich on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 1086 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Conservation in Ipswich on 12:02 - Jul 30 by Ewan_Oozami

Just north west of Capel St Mary

Finding Little Wenham wasn't the problem, finding the road/castle was
Conservation in Ipswich on 12:25 - Jul 30 with 1069 viewsStokieBlue

If you want a historical location how about Willy Lotts Cottage?

It's basically not changed in the 200 years since Constable painted it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Conservation in Ipswich on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 1028 viewsmrshallisfit

Does your girlfriend like doing photography out in the open air? Does she? I bet she does. Bet she does.
Conservation in Ipswich on 13:41 - Jul 30 with 992 viewsElephantintheRoom

If you need an Ipswich location try the museum. If you want to travel somewhere more exotic there is IWM Duxford where there is plenty of photographic opportunities to photo blokes conserving fairly photogenic WW2 fighter planes. Not far from there is RSPB Fowlmere where they have done a lot of conservation on a stretch of chalk stream.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Conservation in Ipswich on 14:55 - Jul 30 with 951 viewsfactual_blue

Further afield Lackford Lakes near Bury St Edmunds is a nice location for bird photography.

For older buildings, you can't beat Lavenham. 320* listed buildings.

*321 if you include the phone box.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Conservation in Ipswich on 15:15 - Jul 30 with 923 viewsGeoffSentence

Conservation in Ipswich on 11:52 - Jul 30 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Gypsy Row or just The Row Little Wenham

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.0110416,1.0301744,114m/data=!3m1!1e3

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024