Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train 15:11 - Aug 21 with 4829 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

All of them, every single one, disputed that anyone should feel sorry for Bury. They’re adamant they should get no sympathy whatsoever and ought to be chucked out the league.

Couldn’t understand their view when someone replied ‘it’s not the fans fault’ and they replied ‘well they’re not fans owned like us are they so it’s their own fault for letting someone buy them rather than themselves’.

Stadium robbing b**tards.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 15:12 - Aug 21 with 4767 viewsxrayspecs

Ok, waiting for the whoosh, stadium robbing?
Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 15:14 - Aug 21 with 4752 viewshomer_123

It's not the fans fault for sure but by the same token why should football clubs be exempt from going out of business if ineptly run?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Woof, woof. (n/t) on 15:14 - Aug 21 with 4738 viewsBloots

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 15:12 - Aug 21 by xrayspecs

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:10 - Aug 21 with 4459 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 15:14 - Aug 21 by homer_123

It's not the fans fault for sure but by the same token why should football clubs be exempt from going out of business if ineptly run?

The point was that they had no sympathy for the fans.

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:11 - Aug 21 with 4451 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 15:12 - Aug 21 by xrayspecs

The greyhound stadium. The brilliant Wimbledon shut down because of AFC Wimbledon

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:12 - Aug 21 with 4430 viewsMrTown

It is hard to argue with this, read a very short piece on the situation the other day on Bury overspeading and it was rather concerning, really poorly run.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:20 - Aug 21 with 4344 viewsITFC_Forever

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:11 - Aug 21 by The_Romford_Blue

The greyhound stadium. The brilliant Wimbledon shut down because of AFC Wimbledon

And stock cars.

And they've shafted Kingstonian who gave them a home when they needed one.

AFC W have long since lost any moral high ground they might have had. Feck them.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:23 - Aug 21 with 4311 viewsxrayspecs

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:11 - Aug 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Was not aware of this. I knew the stadium had been in decline for years - I used to go there after work on Friday evenings in the day - but had not realised that the site was owned by Gaillard.
Login to get fewer ads

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:24 - Aug 21 with 4297 viewsnoggin

Good job ITFC have always paid their bills I suppose.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:26 - Aug 21 with 4279 viewsPilgrimblue

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:12 - Aug 21 by MrTown

It is hard to argue with this, read a very short piece on the situation the other day on Bury overspeading and it was rather concerning, really poorly run.

I can't believe it! They were very lucky and maybe the answer is to drop down and then like them build up again.
The argument is that the fans shouldn't lose out but as a group how can they buy their club and fund the future. Banks would be very reluctant to back them so owners are needed.
Blackpool suffered so don't see why Bury or Bolton are any different. It's puzzling why the current owners are being so difficult but guest they're only in for the money and see the offers being bad deals.
There are plenty well run clubs that deserve the chance like Orient so if they get expelled then sobeit.
Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 18:01 - Aug 21 with 3939 viewsClapham_Junction

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 16:20 - Aug 21 by ITFC_Forever

And stock cars.

AFC W have long since lost any moral high ground they might have had. Feck them.

Kingstonian didn't give them a home. Kingstonian's money-grabbing owners were selling the stadium from under them and AFCW bought it and let the K's play there pretty much rent free for years. AFCW even gave them around £1m from the sale of the ground to Chelsea to help them fund a new ground.
Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 18:37 - Aug 21 with 3734 viewsvapour_trail

And stock cars.

This is bo11ocks I’m afraid.

Wimbledon kept kingstonian afloat for a long time with their tenancy.

The fact the greyhound stadium was up for grabs is because it wasn’t commercially viable. Nobody went to the dogs or the Sunday night stock cars.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 20:33 - Aug 21 with 3273 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 18:37 - Aug 21 by vapour_trail

This is bo11ocks I’m afraid.

Wimbledon kept kingstonian afloat for a long time with their tenancy.

The fact the greyhound stadium was up for grabs is because it wasn’t commercially viable. Nobody went to the dogs or the Sunday night stock cars.

I know about the situation from people in the greyhound game and those involved with the greyhound track were shafted by the local authority and the football club.

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 00:31 - Aug 22 with 2769 viewsvapour_trail

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 20:33 - Aug 21 by The_Romford_Blue

I know about the situation from people in the greyhound game and those involved with the greyhound track were shafted by the local authority and the football club.

All the greyhound stadiums are drying up. The sport has been in decline for over half a century.

I lived next to that stadium for years and used to receive the freebies through the letterbox. It was always empty.

If I was still there I’d be welcoming AFC back to plough lane.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Bunch of Wimbledon fans on my train on 05:33 - Aug 22 with 2621 viewsStokieBlue

And stock cars.

They didn't really shaft Kingstonian. They bought the ground and then let them play there for virtually nothing.

Chelsea have now bought it and shafted Kingstonian.

Unless I've missed something? Best be precise though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024