Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really big one today 08:57 - Feb 22 with 2857 viewsSomethingBlue

How many times this season have we backed up one really convincing performance with another? Maybe when we won at Fleetwood post-Tranmere? Either way, we could really do with that today — defeating the better sides is something we are going to have to start doing and a strong display today would do a lot for confidence between now and May.

I've quite a good feeling about it, at this point, and think a win with both teams scoring is not an unreasonable prediction. Norwood's injury is a blow but we still have three decent forwards for this level and if Keane can be managed through the next month safely it should be OK. Let's hope the good things from last week can be reproduced in a slightly higher-octane affair; if they are then maybe we can start looking back up towards the top two.

Not quite sure how I hadn't realised it was rail replacements today, but looking forward to it anyway ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Really big one today on 09:03 - Feb 22 with 2817 viewsPecker

We will cream it with a jam of a win 2-0.
Really big one today on 09:05 - Feb 22 with 2821 viewsMullet

Well this is the problem isn't it? We are still in fairly unchartered territory and worrying about Oxford ever, let alone in what 10th, is pretty troubling.

Can't agree about Norwood. It's a shambles, given we've had one go at fixing something we knew was an issue and Keane and Sears are both at different stages of fitness etc. It's quite feasible that it'll be another month before Freddie is firing and in that time we'll be gone.

The Wickham stuff makes us look a joke, and to have no one else to show for it is really very worrying. Especially when we are unloading younger players to get games and not plugging anything.

To not be top of the league from where we were is unfortunate. To be worrying about making the playoffs unforgivable. This league is toot, to not be a standout after all the degradation that's taken place isn't good enough. I really fear if we don't get this turnaround you're talking about, we're done for a generation or so tussling with the likes of Peterborough etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Really big one today on 09:06 - Feb 22 with 2814 viewsChrisd

Also, Oxford are a very decent L1 side, they have promotion aspirations of their own and we need to start stamping our mark on these types of sides. A win today and then I feel that will give us plenty of confidence going into the final straight of the season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Really big one today on 09:11 - Feb 22 with 2784 viewsfooters

Really big one today on 09:03 - Feb 22 by Pecker

We will cream it with a jam of a win 2-0.

On currant form I'm not so sure.

Would love to see us get decent back-to-back wins but really don't see it. And it's mighty Oxford

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Really big one today on 09:14 - Feb 22 with 2770 viewsChrisd

Really big one today on 09:05 - Feb 22 by Mullet

Well this is the problem isn't it? We are still in fairly unchartered territory and worrying about Oxford ever, let alone in what 10th, is pretty troubling.

Can't agree about Norwood. It's a shambles, given we've had one go at fixing something we knew was an issue and Keane and Sears are both at different stages of fitness etc. It's quite feasible that it'll be another month before Freddie is firing and in that time we'll be gone.

The Wickham stuff makes us look a joke, and to have no one else to show for it is really very worrying. Especially when we are unloading younger players to get games and not plugging anything.

To not be top of the league from where we were is unfortunate. To be worrying about making the playoffs unforgivable. This league is toot, to not be a standout after all the degradation that's taken place isn't good enough. I really fear if we don't get this turnaround you're talking about, we're done for a generation or so tussling with the likes of Peterborough etc.

Can't agree more about the Wickham situation, just found the whole thing bizarre. It's like someone whispered to PL right before he went in to the presser, say we were interested in signing Wickham on loan in January to get the fans back on side and they'll all clap like performing seals. Just smacks of desperation.

However, I think having Keane, Sears and Jackson all vying for two places will actually work in our favour. PL isn't great with too much choice. So in Norwood's absence it restricts his options and he now has to work with the striking options he's got available.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Really big one today on 09:15 - Feb 22 with 2760 viewsPecker

Really big one today on 09:11 - Feb 22 by footers

Would love to see us get decent back-to-back wins but really don't see it. And it's mighty Oxford

With a bigger d1ck of a manager than ours.
Really big one today on 09:18 - Feb 22 with 2750 viewsSomethingBlue

Really big one today on 09:05 - Feb 22 by Mullet

I don't really disagree with your conclusion. Today, though, I just hope we make the best of it and put ourselves right back in there. We have to. We can definitely still do it.

Really big one today on 09:39 - Feb 22 with 2687 viewsFixed_It

Agree re confidence. Today is massive in that respect and I really do think it could be season defining.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Really big one today on 09:41 - Feb 22 with 2674 viewsBigManBlue

Eh, they've all been 'big ones' for months now it seems...

Still, I'd like to see us really take the game to them and start giving oppo sides something to worry about.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Really big one today on 09:42 - Feb 22 with 2673 viewsMullet

Really big one today on 09:39 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

Agree re confidence. Today is massive in that respect and I really do think it could be season defining.

It's not over, but it's far to close to it to be acceptable. We should be worrying about when we get promoted not if based on the evidence thus far.

I'd take 3pts any way they come, but really this should be the game that sets us up for this run in and secures it. Anything else and we're really struggling. again to see where promotion is coming from and that comes back to a raft of poor decisions.

Really big one today on 09:46 - Feb 22 with 2633 viewsFixed_It

Really big one today on 09:42 - Feb 22 by Mullet

It's not over, but it's far to close to it to be acceptable. We should be worrying about when we get promoted not if based on the evidence thus far.

I'd take 3pts any way they come, but really this should be the game that sets us up for this run in and secures it. Anything else and we're really struggling. again to see where promotion is coming from and that comes back to a raft of poor decisions.

Agreed that it shouldn't have come to this. But it is what it is. No use crying over spilt milk - need to look forward rather than back at this point.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Really big one today on 09:48 - Feb 22 with 2621 viewsMullet

Really big one today on 09:46 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

Agreed that it shouldn't have come to this. But it is what it is. No use crying over spilt milk - need to look forward rather than back at this point.

Sorry was meant to be to SB that old boy, must have posted at the same time!

Really big one today on 09:50 - Feb 22 with 2600 viewsFixed_It

Really big one today on 09:48 - Feb 22 by Mullet

Sorry was meant to be to SB that old boy, must have posted at the same time!

Table mode?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 9:51]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Really big one today on 09:56 - Feb 22 with 2540 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Really big one today on 09:11 - Feb 22 by footers

Heh Footers....you do realise that Pecker is Spruce right!?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Really big one today on 10:18 - Feb 22 with 2490 viewsfooters

Really big one today on 09:56 - Feb 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Heh Footers....you do realise that Pecker is Spruce right!?

I thought I was supposed to be Spruce? This is all so confusing...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Really big one today on 10:33 - Feb 22 with 2459 viewsBluefish

Reading that it is almost like deep down you realise how poor we have become under PRP but you just can't quite ever bring yourself to sat it.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Oh ffs, just behave for two minutes on 10:34 - Feb 22 with 2453 viewsDyland

Really big one today on 10:33 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Reading that it is almost like deep down you realise how poor we have become under PRP but you just can't quite ever bring yourself to sat it.

;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Really big one today on 10:36 - Feb 22 with 2439 viewsPecker

Really big one today on 09:39 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

Win today and I think we will make at least the play-offs come end of season. Convincing win today and top 2 beckons.
Really big one today on 10:44 - Feb 22 with 2392 viewsSomethingBlue

Really big one today on 10:33 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Not now, child, the adults are talking.

Really big one today on 10:51 - Feb 22 with 2371 viewsBluefish

Really big one today on 10:44 - Feb 22 by SomethingBlue

Not now, child, the adults are talking.

Fan girl more like. You do adult like Owen Jones does. Have a lovely day x

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024