Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big positive 12:34 - Feb 23 with 3543 viewshaynes_toe1

Our run in means despite Lambert being the worst manager I've watched town under, we should easily make the playoffs. There are simply too many awful teams in this god forsaken league for us not to.

What this also means is we should go into the playoffs on the back off a run of good results. Against naff teams, but hopefully a confidence builder all the same. Will that be enough for us to beat a top 6 team over two legs?
Big positive on 12:35 - Feb 23 with 3067 viewsdavblue

We’ve played these awful teams and have won 4 in 22 games. What makes you think we will suddenly be amazing due to their lack of quality?
Big positive on 12:38 - Feb 23 with 3042 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I suspect you are referring to the final 6 games, which in essence is the most favoured final games, whether it will be too late by then I don’t know as the next 6 remain fairly tricky.

Once again, too many fans getting carried away that everyone in the league is poor and we are so far ahead of them in terms of squad but I don’t see it personally. We’re going to be 9th before kick off next week! We don’t beat top 8 teams, we’ve won 4 in 22 league games.

We are where we are because we deserve to be.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Big positive on 12:41 - Feb 23 with 3027 viewsChrisd

Nope, can't see it. Think we are also forgetting that we can't string two consecutive wins together and we've got a couple of decent teams to play in that run too: Doncaster, Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth and we all know how we get on against sides pushing for promotion themselves.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Big positive on 12:44 - Feb 23 with 3006 viewsChrisd

Big positive on 12:38 - Feb 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

I suspect you are referring to the final 6 games, which in essence is the most favoured final games, whether it will be too late by then I don’t know as the next 6 remain fairly tricky.

Once again, too many fans getting carried away that everyone in the league is poor and we are so far ahead of them in terms of squad but I don’t see it personally. We’re going to be 9th before kick off next week! We don’t beat top 8 teams, we’ve won 4 in 22 league games.

We are where we are because we deserve to be.

Yes, I can't help to have a chuckle to myself, 'This league is so poor'......doesn't say much when we're 8th!!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 12:51]

Big positive on 12:47 - Feb 23 with 2982 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Big positive on 12:44 - Feb 23 by Chrisd

Yes, I can't help to have a chuckle to myself, 'This league is so poor'......doesn't say much when we're 8th!!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 12:51]

It’s been a constant throughout the season, probably built up on the opening run which given performance levels at the time wasn’t going to sustain, any clinical team dispatches of us time and time again.

Over the course of the season, can anybody honestly say that we are better than 8th or 9th in League 1, I would suggest not.

Big positive on 12:47 - Feb 23 with 2977 viewsLankHenners

3 of the next 5 games are home to Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth. Those 3 games could make it near-impossible even if we do finish strongly. Genuinely hard to see how we even get 1 point from them at the moment.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Big positive on 12:48 - Feb 23 with 2959 viewsTractorCam

Our next 3 home games are Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth. We're finished.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Big positive on 12:49 - Feb 23 with 2942 viewspointofblue

Big positive on 12:47 - Feb 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

It’s been a constant throughout the season, probably built up on the opening run which given performance levels at the time wasn’t going to sustain, any clinical team dispatches of us time and time again.

Over the course of the season, can anybody honestly say that we are better than 8th or 9th in League 1, I would suggest not.

No. Can anyone say we should better than eighth or ninth? Yes.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Big positive on 12:51 - Feb 23 with 2931 viewsChrisd

Big positive on 12:47 - Feb 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

When you get to the end of the season after playing 44 games, you finish where you deserve to finish. There's certainly 6 or 7 better sides then us in this league IMO.

Big positive on 12:57 - Feb 23 with 2893 viewstractorboy2421

This may be true ... But the simple fact is ... We are playing crap, are managed by a complete T####r, & (this is the clincher) all these so called awful teams are relishing playing our circus show of a team.. these so called awful teams are happily rubbing their hands at facing us. This is the sad but honest truth - our prima Donna's went into this league & seadon, thinking it would be a piece of p**s.. now their lack of football skill & the (lack of) pride in the team they play for AND that clueless idiot in charge have all been found out in a BIG WAY.. I genuinely fear for our club
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 12:59]
Big positive on 13:15 - Feb 23 with 2833 viewsSitfcB

Big positive on 12:48 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

Our next 3 home games are Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth. We're finished.

He’s no Finnish he’s 28.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Big positive on 13:46 - Feb 23 with 2740 viewsPecker

You just watch him f**k it up.
Big positive on 14:03 - Feb 23 with 2700 viewsallezlesbleus

Big positive on 12:57 - Feb 23 by tractorboy2421

This may be true ... But the simple fact is ... We are playing crap, are managed by a complete T####r, & (this is the clincher) all these so called awful teams are relishing playing our circus show of a team.. these so called awful teams are happily rubbing their hands at facing us. This is the sad but honest truth - our prima Donna's went into this league & seadon, thinking it would be a piece of p**s.. now their lack of football skill & the (lack of) pride in the team they play for AND that clueless idiot in charge have all been found out in a BIG WAY.. I genuinely fear for our club
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 12:59]

Very true words.

Sad, but totally hits the nail on the head.
Big positive on 14:11 - Feb 23 with 2670 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Big positive on 12:49 - Feb 23 by pointofblue

No. Can anyone say we should better than eighth or ninth? Yes.

No we shouldn’t and the facts support that, we don’t beat top 8 sides, we are 8th in the league and I would highly suspect that when Fleetwood/Portsmouth/Coventry games are done we will be possibly further down.

We’re 33 games in to the season, we are where we are because it’s exactly where we deserve to be.

I think people need to stop sugar coating and glossing this squad over, this season, there are comfortably 7 or so teams better than us.

Big positive on 15:33 - Feb 23 with 2552 viewsChurchman

There may be too many awful teams but we are one of them. At least half the division, as proven by performances and results are better than us. 4 wins in 22. There is no worse run football club or one with less ambition. We are punching above our weight this season.
Big positive on 15:36 - Feb 23 with 2538 viewsHerbivore

Big positive on 12:51 - Feb 23 by Chrisd

When you get to the end of the season after playing 44 games, you finish where you deserve to finish. There's certainly 6 or 7 better sides then us in this league IMO.

Those sides have competent managers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Big positive on 15:45 - Feb 23 with 2519 viewsChrisd

Big positive on 15:36 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Those sides have competent managers.

And ‘collectively’ better sides.

Big positive on 15:48 - Feb 23 with 2508 viewsHerbivore

Big positive on 15:45 - Feb 23 by Chrisd

And ‘collectively’ better sides.

Sure, because they have competent managers that make the collective greater than the sum of its parts.

Big positive on 11:32 - Feb 25 with 2159 viewshaynes_toe1

Big positive on 15:48 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Sure, because they have competent managers that make the collective greater than the sum of its parts.

It's an issue. I didn't think we could be so poorly mis-managed that a team like Fleetwood could compete with us (and they have Barton as a manager).
Big positive on 11:45 - Feb 25 with 2104 viewsTractorCam

Big positive on 15:48 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

People don't seem to understand this 'good squad' business.

If you give us some of them managers from above, like Mark Robins or Paul Warne, we'd certainly be much higher.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Big positive on 11:56 - Feb 25 with 2076 viewsHerbivore

Big positive on 11:45 - Feb 25 by TractorCam

People don't seem to understand this 'good squad' business.

If you give us some of them managers from above, like Mark Robins or Paul Warne, we'd certainly be much higher.

It's odd because they mostly agree that Lambert is doing a bad job whilst simultaneously saying the squad is no good and 7th to 10th is about our level. If the second part is indeed true then Lambert is doing a decent, steady job in steering us to a par position. I'm not sure that they really believe deep down that that's the case though.

lol on 12:00 - Feb 25 with 2070 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Big positive on 12:08 - Feb 25 with 2033 viewsChrisd

Big positive on 11:56 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

It's odd because they mostly agree that Lambert is doing a bad job whilst simultaneously saying the squad is no good and 7th to 10th is about our level. If the second part is indeed true then Lambert is doing a decent, steady job in steering us to a par position. I'm not sure that they really believe deep down that that's the case though.

I certainly do. You can have a poor manager and an average squad too.

Big positive on 12:15 - Feb 25 with 2009 viewsSuperblue95

Big positive on 12:08 - Feb 25 by Chrisd

But if our squad is so average then why do you think Lambert is doing a bad job? If we had the squad of an average league one club like Gillingham, Burton, Shrewsbury etc and Lambert had us sat just outside the play offs we’d think he was doing alright.

He looks such a crap manager because we should be getting promoted with this group of players and yet we don’t look close to achieving that goal.

Edit: Also, if we had an average squad and a poor manager we would be in a relegation dogfight
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 12:18]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Big positive on 12:20 - Feb 25 with 1988 viewsWeWereZombies

Big positive on 12:08 - Feb 25 by Chrisd

Surely you would more likely be near the bottom of the table in that case (unless you were lucky or most of the other teams had worse managers and/or squads).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024