Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref 15:55 - Mar 7 with 2475 viewsunstableblue

For those TWTDers who bemoaned my use of the work technical - watch Coventry, that is technical coaching, and technically trained players. Do you need yet more explanation?

And by the way there is no way in a million years Mick McCarthy would train Ipswich to play with that pace of pass and move and switch. NEVER.

This is a better performance from Town than expected; players are so low on confidence, and yet we had moments there through Bishop, Judge, Wolf and at times Dozzell.

Now to the REF - WTF, four very key fouls against us not given. For the goal and on the edge of the box for Bishop. Absolutely terrible.

Now let’s back the boys for the second half!!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 15:56 - Mar 7 with 2445 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Technical is very much a 'catch all' word.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 15:56 - Mar 7 with 2448 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think they're any more 'technical' than us, they're just better managed, playing in a settled XI to a settled system.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 15:58 - Mar 7 with 2382 viewsBlueBadger

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 15:56 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Technical is very much a 'catch all' word.

It's a go-to word for people who wish to seem cleverer than they are.
Strictly speaking, Sam Allardyce, with all his use of sport psychologists and that 'in-game stats thing is a 'technical manager'. As was Graeme Taylor with his 'percentage football'....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:01 - Mar 7 with 2296 viewspatrickswell

Mick McCarthy wouldn’t have had this club falling into the middle of League One. He’s so far ahead of your technical manager hopes in terms of what he achieved at here at this club that I suspect it causes you physical pain to consider it.

Stop pinning the blame on the only halfway decent manager we’ve had in the last 12 years and start demanding more of the charlatans and chancers who currently represent us.
Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:04 - Mar 7 with 2265 viewsBlueBadger

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:01 - Mar 7 by patrickswell

Mick McCarthy wouldn’t have had this club falling into the middle of League One. He’s so far ahead of your technical manager hopes in terms of what he achieved at here at this club that I suspect it causes you physical pain to consider it.

Stop pinning the blame on the only halfway decent manager we’ve had in the last 12 years and start demanding more of the charlatans and chancers who currently represent us.

Football is at heart, a fairly simple game, overcomplicated by idiots.

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:04 - Mar 7 with 2272 viewsjeera

I do get fed up of people making out that the football was one-dimensional for Mick's entire time here; it simply wasn't.

And there were periods when we played some fine stuff.

I don't know why that gets overlooked. It's one thing to dislike the man but pointless to make stuff up in order to take constant digs.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:04 - Mar 7 with 2257 viewsBlueBadger

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:04 - Mar 7 by jeera

I do get fed up of people making out that the football was one-dimensional for Mick's entire time here; it simply wasn't.

And there were periods when we played some fine stuff.

I don't know why that gets overlooked. It's one thing to dislike the man but pointless to make stuff up in order to take constant digs.

But the football IS better now.

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:08 - Mar 7 with 2238 viewsWacko

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 15:58 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

It's a go-to word for people who wish to seem cleverer than they are.
Strictly speaking, Sam Allardyce, with all his use of sport psychologists and that 'in-game stats thing is a 'technical manager'. As was Graeme Taylor with his 'percentage football'....

It's not hard to understand. (For averagely-clever people)

For a manager, technical is having a clear tactical system, playing to players' strengths and working out specific plays and patterns to outwit an opponent. Allardyce was most certainly a technical manager. Taylor was not so much, as he didn't go forensically into the percentage football (like Klopp does for example with his throw-in coach).

For a player, technical is about having the footballing technique to execute any of a manager's systems, e.g. tiki taka, switching play quickly, gegenpress. Natural attributes like pace and power only work for some systems, whereas you are more able to learn and improve first touch and passing abilities, aka technique.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:12 - Mar 7 with 2202 viewsRyorry

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:08 - Mar 7 by Wacko

For a manager, technical is having a clear tactical system, playing to players' strengths and working out specific plays and patterns to outwit an opponent. Allardyce was most certainly a technical manager. Taylor was not so much, as he didn't go forensically into the percentage football (like Klopp does for example with his throw-in coach).

For a player, technical is about having the footballing technique to execute any of a manager's systems, e.g. tiki taka, switching play quickly, gegenpress. Natural attributes like pace and power only work for some systems, whereas you are more able to learn and improve first touch and passing abilities, aka technique.

"gegenpress"? The mind boggles!

(from my rudimentary German, I'm guessing that pressing against the oppo high up the pitch).
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 16:13]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:15 - Mar 7 with 2170 viewsjeera

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:12 - Mar 7 by Ryorry

"gegenpress"? The mind boggles!

(from my rudimentary German, I'm guessing that pressing against the oppo high up the pitch).
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 16:13]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:16 - Mar 7 with 2155 viewsRyorry

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:15 - Mar 7 by jeera

Ta :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

DOH on 18:31 - Mar 7 with 1977 viewsunstableblue

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 15:56 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

I don't think they're any more 'technical' than us, they're just better managed, playing in a settled XI to a settled system.

‘They’re better managed’

Yes because they have patterns of play our last 5 managers couldn’t even contemplate.

The Coventry move for the blast over the ball was pure technical.

If we had hired their manager or the Oxford manager we would be in a different place.

I despair of this board.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 18:52 - Mar 7 with 1905 viewsGeoffSentence

He's long gone. Let it go.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The OP mentioned him..... on 18:54 - Mar 7 with 1882 viewsBloots

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 18:52 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

…..pretty sure he's the one that should let it go.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The OP mentioned him..... on 18:57 - Mar 7 with 1859 viewsGeoffSentence

The OP mentioned him..... on 18:54 - Mar 7 by Bloots

…..pretty sure he's the one that should let it go.

Him too

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 18:59 - Mar 7 with 1848 viewsGeoffSentence

The ref wasn't that bad.

He wasn't good but we have had much, much worse.

He was just as shlt for them as he was for us.

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 18:59 - Mar 7 with 1841 viewsjontysnut

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 16:08 - Mar 7 by Wacko

I agree with every word but we're in the third division. Some basic competency from managers, coaches and players would be a start.
Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 19:04 - Mar 7 with 1795 viewspatrickswell

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 18:52 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

Oh, I have, but people talking about “Mick McCarthy could never have had us doing this...” need to do one as well frankly.

Regardless, we really now need a manager that gets us consistently competent again. All the cheap point scoring about Ipswich managers/be careful what you wish for/we’ve got our club back etc needs to stop and we all need to be better served by what our football club is offering us, It’s letting us all down.
DOH on 20:24 - Mar 7 with 1646 viewsBlueBadger

DOH on 18:31 - Mar 7 by unstableblue

‘They’re better managed’

Yes because they have patterns of play our last 5 managers couldn’t even contemplate.

The Coventry move for the blast over the ball was pure technical.

If we had hired their manager or the Oxford manager we would be in a different place.

I despair of this board.

Anyone can play football like that if the opponents are so badly coached you can just stroll through them. That's not 'being technical' that's 'being better than the other lot'.

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 22:13 - Mar 7 with 1544 viewsunstableblue

Two words: Technical and Sh!t-ref on 18:59 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

The ref wasn't that bad.

He wasn't good but we have had much, much worse.

He was just as shlt for them as he was for us.

He was sh!t for both teams, as were both linesman. Nolan offside for example on his key chance that he missed.

BUT, the decisions he got wrong were of far greater significance.

It was a foul before their goal. And Bishop was breaking into box, it was edge of area and was a yellow.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024