Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday Pink Floyd thread 01:52 - Mar 7 with 7178 viewsLord_Lucan

I'll start

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 06:52 - Mar 7 with 5631 viewsPendejo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 10:33 - Mar 7 with 5574 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 10:44 - Mar 7 with 5564 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 10:50 - Mar 7 with 5557 viewsgainsboroughblue

Neptune, Titan, stars can frighten

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:02 - Mar 7 with 5543 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 10:33 - Mar 7 by The_Last_Baron

The Dalai Farmer never "Got" Floyd which really annoyed me but he did love Bike!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:27 - Mar 7 with 5528 viewstopshout

My Fave

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:35 - Mar 7 with 5522 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:27 - Mar 7 by topshout

My Fave

That's a brilliant track and The Division Bell is a massively underrated album.

Well played Sir.

Edit; This video really does it for me at Earls Court in 94, they played 14 nights and I was lucky to have gone to two of them, Pink Floyd were really back, it was a brilliant show, far better than the Docklands rubbish a few years earlier. The middle backing singer is Sam Brown, daughter of Joe. I fell in love with her for a bit.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 11:41]

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:40 - Mar 7 with 5512 viewsvapour_trail

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:50 - Mar 7 with 5489 viewsurbanblue

Pompeii .... One of the best music vids ever!
Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:58 - Mar 7 with 5472 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:50 - Mar 7 by urbanblue

Pompeii .... One of the best music vids ever!

I'm trying to get Sir Bob the dog to do this.

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:02 - Mar 7 with 5464 viewsWeWereZombies

Hopefully not a scoreline prediction:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:03 - Mar 7 with 5459 viewsurbanblue

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 11:35 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

That's a brilliant track and The Division Bell is a massively underrated album.

Well played Sir.

Edit; This video really does it for me at Earls Court in 94, they played 14 nights and I was lucky to have gone to two of them, Pink Floyd were really back, it was a brilliant show, far better than the Docklands rubbish a few years earlier. The middle backing singer is Sam Brown, daughter of Joe. I fell in love with her for a bit.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 11:41]

I saw them at Earls Court too. The guy who played bass and sang 'Run Like Hell' along with others is named Guy Pratt. Well, I met him and had a couple of beers with him in Perth a few years ago. He plays bass for Bryan Ferry (who was playing in Perth at the time). Looks totally different now. Really nice guy, and it was only afterwards that I realised that he had played with Pink Floyd and many other top artists when I looked him up online.

Writing this I have just remembered that he has written what apparently is an extremely entertaining and witty autobiography called 'My Bass and other Animals' .... Haven't read it but my mates who did said it's an excellent read.
Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:16 - Mar 7 with 5436 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:03 - Mar 7 by urbanblue

I saw them at Earls Court too. The guy who played bass and sang 'Run Like Hell' along with others is named Guy Pratt. Well, I met him and had a couple of beers with him in Perth a few years ago. He plays bass for Bryan Ferry (who was playing in Perth at the time). Looks totally different now. Really nice guy, and it was only afterwards that I realised that he had played with Pink Floyd and many other top artists when I looked him up online.

Writing this I have just remembered that he has written what apparently is an extremely entertaining and witty autobiography called 'My Bass and other Animals' .... Haven't read it but my mates who did said it's an excellent read.

Thanks for the book recommendation, I will definitely get it. Yes, Guy Pratt is quite the session player, he's been around the block a few times and I think he is quite close to Nick Mason.

These "Session players" are massively overlooked IMHO, mate of mine in The Dam was good friends with Bobby Keys - much underrated man!

Edit; I've just bought the Pratt audiobook - I'll start listening on the way home from work. Nice one!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 12:46]

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:20 - Mar 7 with 5426 viewsfooters

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:02 - Mar 7 by WeWereZombies

Hopefully not a scoreline prediction:

Still waiting for a Towen win. Hopefully...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:20 - Mar 7 with 5426 viewsBlueNomad

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:03 - Mar 7 by urbanblue

I saw them at Earls Court in 1980 when they did The Wall. Everyone was blown away by the production. Saw Waters do it at O2 a few years ago and the production was massively advanced. (He was brilliant at Hyde Park a couple of years ago too)
Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:34 - Mar 7 with 5409 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 12:20 - Mar 7 by BlueNomad

I saw them at Earls Court in 1980 when they did The Wall. Everyone was blown away by the production. Saw Waters do it at O2 a few years ago and the production was massively advanced. (He was brilliant at Hyde Park a couple of years ago too)

I would have loved to have been there in 1980. I took the family to see Waters at Hyde Park about 15 years ago? It was the day after we saw Chilli Peppers at Portman Rd (may have been REM) and we just went on a whim, it was blooming brilliant! It was the day we played Portugal and Rooney was sent off, blazing sun, fantastic day!

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 18:39 - Mar 7 with 5307 viewsElephantintheRoom

Nick Mason's CD of the sound of some of his cars going round a track is quite good that was in his book 'Into the Red'on his car collection. I particularly liked the Bugatti.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 23:50 - Mar 13 with 5179 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 23:55 - Mar 13 with 5172 viewsBugs

I re-bought the PULSE DVD due to this thread. I lent it to a friend and never saw it again a few years back. What a fantastic DVD it is.
Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 23:56 - Mar 13 with 5168 viewsfooters

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 23:50 - Mar 13 by Melford

Is it wrong that Meddle is my favourite PF record?

(Waits for Lucan to slap me silly)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 00:06 - Mar 14 with 5141 viewsMelford

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 23:56 - Mar 13 by footers

When I got into music early 90s and if you read the NME and Melody Maker back then in those Britpop times you had it drummed into you that old fart bands like Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac and Steely Dan were overblown crap that punk blew away and if you were young and impressionable and you believed that for years. Then you grow up and go back and listen to that stuff and it's some of the best music you've ever heard. Especially Steely Dan for me

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 00:15 - Mar 14 with 5127 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 23:56 - Mar 13 by footers

Not at all.

It's stuff like Meddle that Covordinises us together.

Definite info.

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 00:25 - Mar 14 with 5115 viewsMelford

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 00:15 - Mar 14 by Lord_Lucan

Not at all.

It's stuff like Meddle that Covordinises us together.

Definite info.

This has a massive bassline but it's so easy to play, I could teach you it in 5 minutes, same thing all way through. Bang this out of my TV at top volume and get the Bass out and crank up the amp

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 00:48 - Mar 14 with 5101 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 00:25 - Mar 14 by Melford

This has a massive bassline but it's so easy to play, I could teach you it in 5 minutes, same thing all way through. Bang this out of my TV at top volume and get the Bass out and crank up the amp

Err - Easy to play? By the way, you are talking complete sh1te

In my mind I am a rock star but in reality I am useless.

I had a guitar when I was about 13 but it looked at me like I was big square. I've never been able to get what I want Melfy.

Music wise (playing) I just haven't got it. It's like art, I haven't got that either - but my daughter can just do it, amazing! There's some things you can't learn, it's a gift.

Saturday Pink Floyd thread on 05:01 - Mar 14 with 5055 viewsChurchman

One of the first albums I ever bought was Dark Side of the Moon. It’s still one of my favourites to this day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024