Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No wine left. 18:10 - Mar 28 with 2479 viewssparks

I can cope without being able to buy hummus and balsamic vinegar. I can cope without chipotles, though thankfully we have a decent supply.

But the wine is all gone. And I have persuaded myself that despite it being Saturday night, it would be wrong to go out to the shop for the second time in two days (they are limiting sales of wine so I couldnt stock up). I had almost convinced myself what the heck, when todays death figures came out.

We are now drinking 4 year old home made cider. I do miss the apple trees at out old house- this was the last vintage before we moved. Could plant some here, but it would be years and years before we got a decent crop for Cider.

I would like some sympathy please.

Whilst I wait for that, I am off to Amazon to see if they still have any home brew in stock. Remain a bit puzzled as to whether we are still supposed to be ordering things online or should stop....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

No wine left. on 18:14 - Mar 28 with 2039 viewsjeera

We've all had bad news today pal:

Adnams by jeera 28 Mar 2020 14:34
Someone just told me they've moved production over to hand sanitizer.

That's not true is it? He's just scaremongering isn't he.

Green King or someone could do that couldn't they?

But you still have my sympathy. Trouble is those hitting the booze panic buying have gone all strategic and are buying the better stuff up in quantity.

We're going to end up with Echo Falls if we're not careful.

I did briefly try to console myself that I night lose weight rapidly if deprived of all alcohol, but quickly pushed that from my mind as I continued my hunt earlier today.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No wine left. on 18:18 - Mar 28 with 2017 viewsStokieBlue

You certainly have my sympathies.

Surely getting a wine and Adnams delivery is the way forward, I've certainly gone down that route.

I believe online ordering is the preferred method of purchasing isn't it? Especially if the parcel is left outside without any contact.

SB
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 18:18]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No wine left. on 18:19 - Mar 28 with 2015 viewssparks

No wine left. on 18:14 - Mar 28 by jeera

But you still have my sympathy. Trouble is those hitting the booze panic buying have gone all strategic and are buying the better stuff up in quantity.

I did briefly try to console myself that I night lose weight rapidly if deprived of all alcohol, but quickly pushed that from my mind as I continued my hunt earlier today.

I have a large order in with a wine company- with promised "processing" within 72 hours. Delivery, though, is anyone's guess.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

No wine left. on 18:27 - Mar 28 with 1979 viewssolemio

Genuine sympathy. I'll think of you when we sit down to dinner with our 2018 Cabalie.
No wine left. on 18:32 - Mar 28 with 1948 viewsGlasgowBlue

Plenty of wine on the shelves up here. It's the beer that's sold out.

Luckily one of my places is licensed so I have enough to get me through this lock down.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No wine left. on 18:55 - Mar 28 with 1931 viewsSwansea_Blue

I got a delivery today ;)

I went for this, but don’t really know what I’ve got if I’m honest - https://www.cheerswinemerchants.co.uk/mixed-cases-details.asp?Auto_ID=4&Category

I’m looking forward to the Rioja most, but hoping for a few nice surprises.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No wine left. on 18:58 - Mar 28 with 1914 viewssparks

No wine left. on 18:55 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Blue

I went for this, but don’t really know what I’ve got if I’m honest - https://www.cheerswinemerchants.co.uk/mixed-cases-details.asp?Auto_ID=4&Category

The coop is about 8 minutes walk away....

GMPF

No wine left. on 18:59 - Mar 28 with 1907 viewsPecker

On line is fine mate. Next time you go out shopping, just take back to car, then round you go again. 4 or 5 times of going in, you will have plenty. Sounds selfish, but my Wife says people are doing it all the time.
Login to get fewer ads

No wine left. on 19:01 - Mar 28 with 1897 viewsJ2BLUE

https://www.adnams.co.uk/wine/cabernet-sauvignon-paparuda-cramele-recas.htm

This is great.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No wine left. on 19:05 - Mar 28 with 1874 viewsDubtractor

No wine left. on 18:18 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

Surely getting a wine and Adnams delivery is the way forward, I've certainly gone down that route.

I believe online ordering is the preferred method of purchasing isn't it? Especially if the parcel is left outside without any contact.

SB

Yeah, we're getting stuff online where we can.

Incidentally, if Ipswich based Peninsula Vegan Foods (peeps behind Hanks deli) are doing excellent fresh veg boxes for £20 a pop, delivered same day. I think they (like lots of eateries) have tonnes of veg already bought so are keen to find a home for it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

No wine left. on 19:11 - Mar 28 with 1849 viewsSwansea_Blue

No wine left. on 18:58 - Mar 28 by sparks

The coop is about 8 minutes walk away....

GMPF

Yeah, getting a delivery from Gower probably isn't the answer! Stock up on the home made cider and that could be quite a pleasant walk (or a very long one depending on how much you've had!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No wine left. on 19:11 - Mar 28 with 1851 viewsTangledupin_Blue

No wine left. on 18:18 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

SB

For items which are not regular purchases, not for supermarket shopping.

Supermarket delivery service are being overwhelmed. Those of us who are able should do our own normal weekly shopping so that the vulnerable can get supermarket delivery slots.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

No wine left. on 19:13 - Mar 28 with 1825 viewsStokieBlue

No wine left. on 19:11 - Mar 28 by Tangledupin_Blue

For items which are not regular purchases, not for supermarket shopping.

Supermarket delivery service are being overwhelmed. Those of us who are able should do our own normal weekly shopping so that the vulnerable can get supermarket delivery slots.

Yes that's certainly true and you are right that vulnerable or isolated need those slots.

However if you are buying from a wine merchant then delivery is fine.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No wine left. on 19:18 - Mar 28 with 1799 viewsjeera

No wine left. on 18:59 - Mar 28 by Pecker

On line is fine mate. Next time you go out shopping, just take back to car, then round you go again. 4 or 5 times of going in, you will have plenty. Sounds selfish, but my Wife says people are doing it all the time.

4-5 times you're risking picking up or spreading something though.

I went to the 3 local shops today.

One I didn't go in because, as I keep saying they're bright enough to meet punters outside the door - so well on the ball.

The second was ok, distancing enforced, one-in and one-out etc.

The third; what a feck up. Posters on the doors with instructions that even the staff aren't following.

I enquired of a price of something and a member of staff came straight at me to take the item from me to take to the till for scanning! And while I waited 2 customers squeezed past me instead of waiting for up to 5 or 6 seconds.

Absolute morons. Why is this not sinking in?

No wine left. on 19:21 - Mar 28 with 1781 viewsjas0999

Wine is one thing I’ve had no problem getting. Tissues, toilet roll, pasta, hand soap - nope. Wine. Loads.
No wine left. on 19:22 - Mar 28 with 1782 viewsJ2BLUE

No wine left. on 19:18 - Mar 28 by jeera

4-5 times you're risking picking up or spreading something though.

I went to the 3 local shops today.

One I didn't go in because, as I keep saying they're bright enough to meet punters outside the door - so well on the ball.

The second was ok, distancing enforced, one-in and one-out etc.

The third; what a feck up. Posters on the doors with instructions that even the staff aren't following.

I enquired of a price of something and a member of staff came straight at me to take the item from me to take to the till for scanning! And while I waited 2 customers squeezed past me instead of waiting for up to 5 or 6 seconds.

Absolute morons. Why is this not sinking in?

I was livid in Tesco Express a few nights ago. Two self service tills and one was in use so I waited for them to go before I used the other one. Someone then comes and uses the other one and stands about half a foot away.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No wine left. on 19:27 - Mar 28 with 1764 viewsjeera

No wine left. on 19:22 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

I was livid in Tesco Express a few nights ago. Two self service tills and one was in use so I waited for them to go before I used the other one. Someone then comes and uses the other one and stands about half a foot away.

This is why we could never be allowed to have guns.

No wine left. on 20:06 - Mar 28 with 1696 viewscatch74

Where are you based Sparks, I’ve got a stash.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

No wine left. on 20:09 - Mar 28 with 1683 viewssparks

No wine left. on 20:06 - Mar 28 by catch74

Where are you based Sparks, I’ve got a stash.

No problem stocks wise- the issue is my desire to try not to go out to shops more frequently than is absolutely necessary.

Deliveries hopefully coming over the next week...

No wine left. on 20:12 - Mar 28 with 1667 viewscatch74

No wine left. on 20:09 - Mar 28 by sparks

No problem stocks wise- the issue is my desire to try not to go out to shops more frequently than is absolutely necessary.

Deliveries hopefully coming over the next week...

We’ve managed to stay away from shops for a week, the wife is definitely close to breaking.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

No wine left. on 20:13 - Mar 28 with 1665 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's probably karma from God for your wife stockpiling 51 loo rolls.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

No wine left. on 09:33 - Mar 29 with 1465 viewsLeaky

No wine left. on 18:14 - Mar 28 by jeera

Agree with your post, the only beer I can find in any quantity is Foster's enough said I feel.
No wine left. on 09:35 - Mar 29 with 1462 viewsDanTheMan

No wine left. on 09:33 - Mar 29 by Leaky

Agree with your post, the only beer I can find in any quantity is Foster's enough said I feel.

Found some Camden hells but that was the best of the lager. No other types of beer.

However lots of wine in my local co-op but I think I need to cut down as I've been drinking more since this whole thing started, slightly the opposite of others!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

No wine left. on 10:18 - Mar 29 with 1416 viewsRadlett_blue

No wine left. on 18:55 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Blue

If you like an oakey, buttery Chardonnay, the Wente will be right up your street.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

No wine left. on 10:54 - Mar 29 with 1374 viewstonybied

No wine left. on 18:59 - Mar 28 by Pecker

This cockfoolery is exactly the reason why those of us that would like one bottle of wine/couple of beers to go with a meal one day a week can't without making unnecessary trips to multiple shops increasing the chances of spreading this virus. Same goes for the toilet roll/hand sanitizer/hand soap crew. Some people just beggar belief.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024