Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If this season is voided... 13:57 - Apr 4 with 1457 viewsmonytowbray

...will Bury be reinstated?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If this season is voided... on 14:27 - Apr 4 with 1421 viewsGuthrum

They probably ought to be, given they may be in a position to satisfy the League's financial questions and to fulfil their fixtures by then.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If this season is voided... on 14:59 - Apr 4 with 1374 viewsPJH

If this season is voided... on 14:27 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

They probably ought to be, given they may be in a position to satisfy the League's financial questions and to fulfil their fixtures by then.

If eventually it is decided that 2019/20 never happened then they must be because they were still a member of the EFL until almost a month into the season although they had not played any games.

I very much hope that the season does get completed somehow but if it is expunged then Bury should be in League One if and when 2020/21 starts because they had gained promotion to League One when 2018/19 finished.
If this season is voided... on 15:01 - Apr 4 with 1369 viewsNthsuffolkblue

But not if you take the fact they failed to abide the rules at the time.

I would expect suspensions incurred during this season and not yet served to still count, Bolton to still have the points deduction they started this season with and all else to be reset to zero.

Would it be fairer to finish the season or carry over a points advantage so teams start next season with some advantage based on how they did in the voided one?

Maybe there is an argument for whoever is top of League 2 and non-league to be promoted in place of Bury all the way down to wherever agrees to accepting them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If this season is voided... on 15:07 - Apr 4 with 1358 viewsfactual_blue

I'll get back to you once I know what the Peterborough chairman's view is.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If this season is voided... on 15:11 - Apr 4 with 1353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If this season is voided... on 14:59 - Apr 4 by PJH

If eventually it is decided that 2019/20 never happened then they must be because they were still a member of the EFL until almost a month into the season although they had not played any games.

I very much hope that the season does get completed somehow but if it is expunged then Bury should be in League One if and when 2020/21 starts because they had gained promotion to League One when 2018/19 finished.

Not sure I agree with that logic.

It is a voiding of the season but the fact of what they did still stands. The EFL and its decisions will still exist. It may muddy the waters somewhat but I can't see how you can go back and say their breaking the rules no longer matters but the season has been expunged.

More interestingly, would the playing stats still be counted? PL's win percentage could be reset to last season's tally!

If this season is voided... on 15:19 - Apr 4 with 1333 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not sure this season will be voided. I'm not even sure what all the discussion is about. Assuming there's not an apocalypse and football does start again, then we carry on from where we left off. That's the fairest way for everyone and no-one can complain.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If this season is voided... on 15:24 - Apr 4 with 1321 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If this season is voided... on 15:19 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

Not sure this season will be voided. I'm not even sure what all the discussion is about. Assuming there's not an apocalypse and football does start again, then we carry on from where we left off. That's the fairest way for everyone and no-one can complain.

Does that matter when this is?

If we finish this season starting from, say, 6 June what do you do with next season? How does that change if it restarts in July or August instead? What about if it doesn't restart until September?

I agree with the principle that this season should be finished but I suspect that when dates are clearer the decision will be whatever makes next season easiest to organise on a scale that makes most money for clubs.

If this season is voided... on 15:28 - Apr 4 with 1310 viewsBrixtonBlue

If this season is voided... on 15:24 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does that matter when this is?

If we finish this season starting from, say, 6 June what do you do with next season? How does that change if it restarts in July or August instead? What about if it doesn't restart until September?

I agree with the principle that this season should be finished but I suspect that when dates are clearer the decision will be whatever makes next season easiest to organise on a scale that makes most money for clubs.

Next season gets pushed back or doesn't happen, depending on what's most practical due to how long this goes on. Either way, finishing a season that's 3 quarters of the way through is much more important than a season that doesn't even exist.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

If this season is voided... on 15:35 - Apr 4 with 1298 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If this season is voided... on 15:28 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

Next season gets pushed back or doesn't happen, depending on what's most practical due to how long this goes on. Either way, finishing a season that's 3 quarters of the way through is much more important than a season that doesn't even exist.

Fair enough.

So, say the players have had a break now, we have a short pre-season in 10 weeks so we can restart this season on 27 June. We have 7 weeks of the season left which could possibly be condensed into 4-5. Add in 2-3 weeks to get the play-offs sorted, we could be all done by around 22 August. How long would players need off before restarting for the new season? Would a 2-3 week break with no pre-season be reasonable? Starting the season well into September would mean losing about a month from the time for the season. Would dropping the cup competitions allow for that? Maybe that would make it too obvious how they have become meaningless?

If this season is voided... on 15:42 - Apr 4 with 1283 viewsPinewoodblue

Presumably if the season is voided Bolton will have a points deduction.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If this season is voided... on 15:54 - Apr 4 with 1254 viewsBrixtonBlue

If this season is voided... on 15:35 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair enough.

So, say the players have had a break now, we have a short pre-season in 10 weeks so we can restart this season on 27 June. We have 7 weeks of the season left which could possibly be condensed into 4-5. Add in 2-3 weeks to get the play-offs sorted, we could be all done by around 22 August. How long would players need off before restarting for the new season? Would a 2-3 week break with no pre-season be reasonable? Starting the season well into September would mean losing about a month from the time for the season. Would dropping the cup competitions allow for that? Maybe that would make it too obvious how they have become meaningless?

Much like ordinary people who are being asked to take their holiday now, now is the footballer's break. They could have perhaps a slight break before the new season, as you say, but they wouldn't need another pre-season I'd have thought.

Another break would come in the winter and then we're pretty much back to normal.

If this season is voided... on 18:26 - Apr 4 with 1161 viewsmonytowbray

I expect the more likely scenario will be finish the season next year from early on and then back to the norm come August.

In all honesty I’ve felt a while the tier system is rubbish. Would honestly enjoy a set up more like the NFL to see more giant killing fixtures. Do away with the FA Cup, do mini league champions then a champions of England play off like the Superbowl. Then the top teams in mini leagues go to in Europa and the champions do Champions League.

Could maybe still have a PL, but the relegation spots are the bottom half of the league and say we had 5 mini leagues the top two go into the PL.

Also factor in teams in other leagues will play each other too. So it would be a two tier system for the 92, but with 5 second tiers. Beyond that we could have the conference where there are 5 promotion spots and then the regional leagues carry on as normal.

Massive overhaul but I think it would make the game fairer and more entertaining.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 18:30]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If this season is voided... on 18:48 - Apr 4 with 1109 viewsDennyx4

If this season is voided... on 15:19 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

i totally agree with this - the key piece of information we don't know yet, is when we can start playing again.

Until we know when we can start playing again, you can build a strategy for what happens, but to do that before this information is known, could mean we expunge this season, as well as not have enough time to complete next.

Preference to finish this season, and then agree what next season looks like, depending on what time we have left.

I believe the Qatar World Cup is due in November of 2022? - the season timings could change to allow for this to happen easily, rather than a winter break.
If this season is voided... on 18:49 - Apr 4 with 1105 viewsDennyx4

If this season is voided... on 18:26 - Apr 4 by monytowbray

I expect the more likely scenario will be finish the season next year from early on and then back to the norm come August.

In all honesty I’ve felt a while the tier system is rubbish. Would honestly enjoy a set up more like the NFL to see more giant killing fixtures. Do away with the FA Cup, do mini league champions then a champions of England play off like the Superbowl. Then the top teams in mini leagues go to in Europa and the champions do Champions League.

Could maybe still have a PL, but the relegation spots are the bottom half of the league and say we had 5 mini leagues the top two go into the PL.

Also factor in teams in other leagues will play each other too. So it would be a two tier system for the 92, but with 5 second tiers. Beyond that we could have the conference where there are 5 promotion spots and then the regional leagues carry on as normal.

Massive overhaul but I think it would make the game fairer and more entertaining.

I like the idea, but sadly only appealing to us, as we are not in the Premier League. Cant see the big clubs with the major influence agreeing to it.
If this season is voided... on 19:09 - Apr 4 with 1073 viewsWeWereZombies

If this season is voided... on 18:26 - Apr 4 by monytowbray

If we are going to go for a complete overhaul why not just turn the football pyramid on its head? So the bottom seven teams in each of Northern Premier League parallel division, Southern Football League parallel division and Isthmian League parallel divisions (maybe a couple from each of the three) get to play in the Premier League. The top ten teams from each of the Northern Premier League parallel division, Southern Football League parallel division and Isthmian League parallel divisions get to play in the Championship and so on. So Liverpool and Man City start the season in the Northern Premier League parallel division, Spurs and Arsenal in the Southern Football League parallel division, Southampton and Brighton in the Isthmian League parallel division.

Over the course of the next decade we could then see which of the former Premier League teams had the necessary to fight their way up all of the divisions, which minnows adapted to big television money and held their ground.

Now here is the clever part - it is likely that the Northern Premier League parallel division, the Southern Football League parallel division and the three Isthmian League parallel divisions would become de facto Premiership/ Championship hybrid divisions and teams would have to play well enough to entertain their supporters but not so well that they actually got promoted to a lesser league.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If this season is voided... on 19:16 - Apr 4 with 1059 viewsFifeITFC

Personally, I don't think they should. Why should they be given (yet) another reason to provide the info the League repeatedly requested? Likewise, the punishment dished out to Bolton needs to be reinstated at the start of the new season if this one is voided.

Saying that, even if the League gave Bury another chance, I don't think they are in a position to accept - both financially and otherwise. The takeover that was mooted collapsed, no players and are on the verge of being liquidated.

If they couldn't get their house in order then, I doubt they would now.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

If this season is voided... on 19:35 - Apr 4 with 1035 viewstractorboy1978

If this season is voided... on 15:35 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair enough.

There is no way clubs are going to be happy with a 2-3 week break between this season finishing and next season starting. Particularly those that are promoted/relegated.
If this season is voided... on 19:38 - Apr 4 with 1027 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If this season is voided... on 19:35 - Apr 4 by tractorboy1978

There is no way clubs are going to be happy with a 2-3 week break between this season finishing and next season starting. Particularly those that are promoted/relegated.

Indeed, when transfer windows open and close would have to be looked at as well.

Time will tell what happens but it will be interesting what the result is.

If this season is voided... on 19:53 - Apr 4 with 998 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No. We are not starting the season again. Voided does not mean next season is the 2019/2020 season. They will have to start lower down i would think.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

If this season is voided... on 20:37 - Apr 4 with 951 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If this season is voided... on 19:53 - Apr 4 by Terry_Nutkins

No. We are not starting the season again. Voided does not mean next season is the 2019/2020 season. They will have to start lower down i would think.

Indeed, A very fair point. Voided would mean a new set of fixtures for a new season.

It would allow for one side to move up if the EFL so chose too.

If this season is voided... on 20:43 - Apr 4 with 937 viewsIllinoisblue

They no longer exist so seems unlikely

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If this season is voided... on 21:06 - Apr 4 with 904 viewsSuperblue95

This

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024