Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... 15:00 - Aug 4 with 29172 viewsWeWereZombies

The next time anyone feels they have to absolutely win an argument, have the last say on a thread, pile in or claim to be piled into, maybe remember this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53607943

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:05 - Aug 4 with 5508 viewsJ2BLUE

I have found an increasing number of people are becoming unbeatable when arguing. It's only really possible to beat someone when they acknowledge they are wrong. More and more people I come into contact with just refuse to acknowledge evidence. I know several people who could be confronted with multiple pieces of undeniable evidence and refuse to admit they are wrong. It's very odd.

Increasingly used by people who are caught lying and then just keep saying 'no' even when you present undeniable proof to their face.

It's incredibly irritating and for them, quite effective.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:10 - Aug 4 with 5486 viewsWeWereZombies

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:05 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

I have found an increasing number of people are becoming unbeatable when arguing. It's only really possible to beat someone when they acknowledge they are wrong. More and more people I come into contact with just refuse to acknowledge evidence. I know several people who could be confronted with multiple pieces of undeniable evidence and refuse to admit they are wrong. It's very odd.

Increasingly used by people who are caught lying and then just keep saying 'no' even when you present undeniable proof to their face.

Just take solace in the knowledge that probably every molecule in their body, and every particle within every molecule, will one day disassemble and distance itself further and further away from every other particle.

Of course, this will happen to everything that makes up us too but if you know that and they don't then you can smile to yourself and never let them know what you are smiling about.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:11 - Aug 4 with 5468 viewsBlueBadger

'Piling on' is the new 'no free speech on TWTD' for a certain flavour of prat.
They've realised that FoS also extends to people pointing out to them why they're talking sh1t so now they're going to make nebulous whines about being bullied, despite having come along obviously fishing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:13 - Aug 4 with 5457 viewsBlueBadger

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:10 - Aug 4 by WeWereZombies

Just take solace in the knowledge that probably every molecule in their body, and every particle within every molecule, will one day disassemble and distance itself further and further away from every other particle.

Of course, this will happen to everything that makes up us too but if you know that and they don't then you can smile to yourself and never let them know what you are smiling about.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:19 - Aug 4 with 5445 viewsStokieBlue

Heat death is both scary and utterly depressing.

Imagine everything being so far apart that you can't see any other stars and then fading away to nothing.

Something intelligent will probably still be around then, clinging to life by mining a black hole or something but knowing it's ultimately futile.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:21 - Aug 4 with 5436 viewsDarth_Koont

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:05 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

There's certainly a tendency for people to much prefer defending how they feel than looking for what is real and what might challenge that.

I'm sure it's part of the Dunning-Kruger model where it's always great to know just enough to feel something very strongly. And when you realise that feeling will go if you scratch the surface and get more information it makes it way too important to bury your head in the sand.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:28 - Aug 4 with 5407 viewsHerbivore

Look at who we have governing here and in the US, J2. We've got leaders that happily spout lies in the most brazen and barefaced ways. When caught out they double down, evade, or shout "LIAR" back at their accuser twice as loudly. We have top politicians deriding expertise and thinking competence can be replaced with a bit of optimism. It's little wonder society is following suit, people voted for this shower.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:32 - Aug 4 with 5394 viewsDarth_Koont

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:28 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

Look at who we have governing here and in the US, J2. We've got leaders that happily spout lies in the most brazen and barefaced ways. When caught out they double down, evade, or shout "LIAR" back at their accuser twice as loudly. We have top politicians deriding expertise and thinking competence can be replaced with a bit of optimism. It's little wonder society is following suit, people voted for this shower.

Agreed.

And it's at this point that I'm contractually obliged to point out that the media that could and should reinforce standards in public life and act as a trusted interface between the public and politicians is in fact the worst of all.

That needs to be recognised and addressed at some point if we're ever going to turn this sh!t tanker around.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:49 - Aug 4 with 5339 viewsWeWereZombies

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:19 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

Imagine everything being so far apart that you can't see any other stars and then fading away to nothing.

Something intelligent will probably still be around then, clinging to life by mining a black hole or something but knowing it's ultimately futile.

SB

And that something intelligent but aware that it is futile will almost certainly be a Town supporter.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:57 - Aug 4 with 5322 viewsfactual_blue

There is no universe though.

Just the earth, which is balanced on a turtle. Which in turn is balanced on another turtle. In fact it's turtles all the way down.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:58 - Aug 4 with 5320 viewsfactual_blue

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:11 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

'Piling on' is the new 'no free speech on TWTD' for a certain flavour of prat.
They've realised that FoS also extends to people pointing out to them why they're talking sh1t so now they're going to make nebulous whines about being bullied, despite having come along obviously fishing.

balls

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:08 - Aug 4 with 5288 viewsNthQldITFC

On the other hand, it's sometimes only possible to 'lose' to yourself when you try to 'beat' somebody else, although in practical matters it's often important to try to get a point across in the face of irrational denial.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:21 - Aug 4 with 5262 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 15:19 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Is it not possible that the intelligent life still around then will have mastered the ability to artificially create their own stars?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:23 - Aug 4 with 5255 viewsRyorry

Sounds v. nihilistic to me tbh Zombies.

I mean we all know we're going to die in the end anyway, so in a way not hugely different to how we think as individuals (with the caveat that I know millions do care about the state of our planet even after we've died as individuals).

What matters is how we live and feel while we're here. Can anyone really say that small acts of kindness & help - or small acts of inconsiderateness & rudeness - don't affect how we feel that day, or how we feel about life generally?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:31 - Aug 4 with 5222 viewsJ2BLUE

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:23 - Aug 4 by Ryorry

I mean we all know we're going to die in the end anyway, so in a way not hugely different to how we think as individuals (with the caveat that I know millions do care about the state of our planet even after we've died as individuals).

What matters is how we live and feel while we're here. Can anyone really say that small acts of kindness & help - or small acts of inconsiderateness & rudeness - don't affect how we feel that day, or how we feel about life generally?

Agree. Perhaps the true meaning of life is to leave the planet a bit better than you found it.

Truly impaired.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:32 - Aug 4 with 5214 viewsHerbivore

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:23 - Aug 4 by Ryorry

Yes.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:35 - Aug 4 with 5199 viewsRyorry

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:32 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

Yes.

Wow.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:37 - Aug 4 with 5191 viewsRyorry

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:31 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Agree. Perhaps the true meaning of life is to leave the planet a bit better than you found it.

That'd certainly be one of them for me.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:38 - Aug 4 with 5185 viewsHerbivore

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:31 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

There is no meaning of life, there is just life.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:40 - Aug 4 with 5175 viewsJ2BLUE

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:38 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

Agree, but if people feel the need for some sort of meaning that's a pretty good one in my view.

Obviously i've already achieved it by bringing happiness into all your lives with my brilliant posts.

Truly impaired.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:46 - Aug 4 with 5156 viewsHerbivore

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:40 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Agree, but if people feel the need for some sort of meaning that's a pretty good one in my view.

Obviously i've already achieved it by bringing happiness into all your lives with my brilliant posts.

Oh yeah, if people need to create or find meaning then trying to do good and leave the world a better place is a decent way to go.

You have fulfilled your purpose, J2. Kudos to you.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:52 - Aug 4 with 5140 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:38 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

You believe there is no meaning. You can't assert it as fact.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:52 - Aug 4 with 5138 viewsRyorry

Yes, the wording's probably wrong there - I meant while we are here, positivity & good things make it a helluva lot pleasanter & easier to get through than negativity & bad things. Having a great purpose also figures, esp if it's something beneficial in the long-term, such as helping to preserve our environment for future generations of humans & other animals.

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:56 - Aug 4 with 5130 viewsWeWereZombies

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:21 - Aug 4 by BrixtonBlue

Is it not possible that the intelligent life still around then will have mastered the ability to artificially create their own stars?

Errr, what from?

Please read and understand the Second Law of Thermodynamics before replying...

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 17:01 - Aug 4 with 5114 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters much... on 16:56 - Aug 4 by WeWereZombies

Errr, what from?

Please read and understand the Second Law of Thermodynamics before replying...

"Errr, what from?"

If I knew that I'd be a billionaire. We're talking trillions of years into the future, how could I possibly know?

A few hundred years go people would've laughed at the notion of horseless carriages, photography, sending messages through the air etc. I hardly think the ability to create a star will be beyond the realms of future science.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024