Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too complacent 16:47 - Sep 9 with 8227 viewsMonkeyAlan

The general public have become too complacent over the virus in recent weeks. It hasnt gone away, but some people act like it has. Now some people are stamping and kicking because new rules have been brought back in. The measures are necessary and people need to man up and act responsibility.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Too complacent on 16:49 - Sep 9 with 3943 viewsreusersfreekicks

In Football section?
Too complacent on 16:52 - Sep 9 with 3924 viewsMonkeyAlan

Too complacent on 16:49 - Sep 9 by reusersfreekicks

In Football section?

Yeah. I know. But there doesn't seem to be an option to change it in the general section after you click the wrong thread.
Too complacent on 17:07 - Sep 9 with 3873 viewsgordon

In Football section?

It's the only way the message will get through?
Too complacent on 17:30 - Sep 9 with 3804 viewsjeera

In Football section?

I can't wait for Texters to see this.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Too complacent on 17:36 - Sep 9 with 3787 viewsjeera

Too complacent on 16:52 - Sep 9 by MonkeyAlan

Yeah. I know. But there doesn't seem to be an option to change it in the general section after you click the wrong thread.

You should be able to correct that through 'edit'?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Too complacent on 17:39 - Sep 9 with 3772 viewsSamWhiteUK

Yep, they stamp their feet and scream "tHeY'Re jUsT mAkINg iT uP As tHeY gO AlOnG"
Too complacent on 17:44 - Sep 9 with 3764 viewsgtsb1966

Don't you think the government got complacent too. Eat out to help out being a prime example.
Too complacent on 17:47 - Sep 9 with 3749 viewsBlueBadger

Presumably we'll be seeing a retrospective prosecution of Classic Dom, to set an example then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Too complacent on 17:47 - Sep 9 with 3746 viewsSarge

Shut up Boris, we hate your guts
Too complacent on 17:48 - Sep 9 with 3750 viewsBlueBadger

Too complacent on 17:44 - Sep 9 by gtsb1966

Don't you think the government got complacent too. Eat out to help out being a prime example.

Mate, we literally started coming out of lockdown because the alternative was to sack Classic Dom.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

WRONG SECTION on 17:49 - Sep 9 with 3736 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bore off to general...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Too complacent on 17:53 - Sep 9 with 3723 viewsScuzzer

Wrong forum

Established 1968

Too complacent on 18:16 - Sep 9 with 3674 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Too complacent on 17:44 - Sep 9 by gtsb1966

Nope.

Got to balance the risk of Covid against;

People losing their jobs
People losing their family homes
People losing their business
People losing their mental health
People losing their lives due to a combination of the above
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 18:21]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Too complacent on 18:27 - Sep 9 with 3621 viewsDanTheMan

Too complacent on 16:52 - Sep 9 by MonkeyAlan

As a PSA, you can do this.

If you edit the opening post, you can change the section then.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Too complacent on 18:33 - Sep 9 with 3595 viewsSwansea_Blue

In Football section?

You can't man up and concentrate at the same time apparently .

I agree with the OP though (for probably the only time). Many people are too complacent. The reason why is probably not straightforward, so I'm not going to speculate on that point, but it's certainly noticeable that many people don't care about social distancing for example. Or curbing their travel, including holidays away.

The trouble is we've made such a pigs ear of our response that it's looking like we're going to have to live with Covid-19 for a significant time yet. That's just going to increase the calls for us to get back to normal and just accept Covid-19 deaths as inevitable. It doesn't have to be that way.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Too complacent on 18:40 - Sep 9 with 3570 viewsSwansea_Blue

Too complacent on 18:16 - Sep 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nope.

People losing their jobs

Yeah, this is where you need strong government and safety nets (we did have some time-limited safety nets in fairness). But the longer this goes on, the bigger the impact on jobs, family homes, businesses, mental health. All of that is going to be affected while we wait for and roll out a vaccine programme. Meanwhile, (a few) other countries have gone periods of weeks, and in some cases months, with virtually no community transmission and have been able to get largely back to normal. We're going to have a long, drawn out slow demise (much like the last decade in many ways).

Too complacent on 18:41 - Sep 9 with 3556 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Too complacent on 18:40 - Sep 9 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, this is where you need strong government and safety nets (we did have some time-limited safety nets in fairness). But the longer this goes on, the bigger the impact on jobs, family homes, businesses, mental health. All of that is going to be affected while we wait for and roll out a vaccine programme. Meanwhile, (a few) other countries have gone periods of weeks, and in some cases months, with virtually no community transmission and have been able to get largely back to normal. We're going to have a long, drawn out slow demise (much like the last decade in many ways).

Time will tell.

Too complacent on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 3562 viewsHarry_Palmer

No the general public have not become too complacent, sure a few may have done but the vast majority have done exactly what they have been told to do which includes 'eat out to help out' getting back to work, going to the pub, shopping etc. etc. all while following the ever nonsensical rules that apply to each activity.

The measures brought in today are not necessary and in fact make even less sense than most of those that have gone before, and quite frankly people have had enough of being told what to do at every turn. The fact of the matter is this virus has a 99.6% survival rate and the time has come where we need to start getting on with life and accept the small risk that it presents, while taking the obvious sensible precautions of course. I will be treating these new 'rules' with the contempt they deserve, if you want to hide at home in fear Alan, that is your choice.
Too complacent on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 3557 viewsTendring_Blue

Too complacent on 18:16 - Sep 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nope.

People losing their jobs

Exactly. I can tell you the job situation where I am now is grim. We are heading towards mass unemployment.

We need to recognise the risk of this virus is miniscule for most people. The IFR looks to be around 0.4%. we must of course offer help to the vulnerable if wanted. But we have to end this nonsense and try to get back to normality.

Utterly depressing situation. I see no end of this, government are a disgrace. COVID is not going anywhere, trying to control a virus is akin to defying the laws of gravity. Personally I now have no job, relationships have crumbled and I struggle to see my family as they have been petrified by the government.

Awful year. Rant over...
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 18:49]
Too complacent on 18:57 - Sep 9 with 3508 viewsBlueBadger

Too complacent on 17:30 - Sep 9 by jeera

I can't wait for Texters to see this.

He loves it when the real world intrudes on football.

Too complacent on 18:59 - Sep 9 with 3496 viewsDanTheMan

Too complacent on 18:44 - Sep 9 by Tendring_Blue

Exactly. I can tell you the job situation where I am now is grim. We are heading towards mass unemployment.

We need to recognise the risk of this virus is miniscule for most people. The IFR looks to be around 0.4%. we must of course offer help to the vulnerable if wanted. But we have to end this nonsense and try to get back to normality.

Utterly depressing situation. I see no end of this, government are a disgrace. COVID is not going anywhere, trying to control a virus is akin to defying the laws of gravity. Personally I now have no job, relationships have crumbled and I struggle to see my family as they have been petrified by the government.

Awful year. Rant over...
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 18:49]

Really sorry to hear that, I hope things pick up for you soon.

Too complacent on 19:03 - Sep 9 with 3477 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Too complacent on 18:44 - Sep 9 by Harry_Palmer

No the general public have not become too complacent, sure a few may have done but the vast majority have done exactly what they have been told to do which includes 'eat out to help out' getting back to work, going to the pub, shopping etc. etc. all while following the ever nonsensical rules that apply to each activity.

The measures brought in today are not necessary and in fact make even less sense than most of those that have gone before, and quite frankly people have had enough of being told what to do at every turn. The fact of the matter is this virus has a 99.6% survival rate and the time has come where we need to start getting on with life and accept the small risk that it presents, while taking the obvious sensible precautions of course. I will be treating these new 'rules' with the contempt they deserve, if you want to hide at home in fear Alan, that is your choice.

Great post

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Too complacent on 19:10 - Sep 9 with 3444 viewsSwansea_Blue

Too complacent on 18:44 - Sep 9 by Harry_Palmer

I think there's a lot of complacency based on what I've seen. That's not to say people are to blame, but it is possible to ignore the government advice and not go and catch covid-19 in a bar just because a proven untrustworthy government says it's ok to go there. I haven't 'eaten out to help out', because I didn't fancy being in a restaurant breathing other people's air during a pandemic.

But this is what the government want of course - to shift the blame, propagate the culture war, etc...

And then of course if people are deliberately ignoring the rules that are backed by law, that's the very definition of complacency.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 19:16]

Too complacent on 19:16 - Sep 9 with 3419 viewsSwansea_Blue

Too complacent on 19:03 - Sep 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Great post

For anyone wishing to break the law.

Too complacent on 19:19 - Sep 9 with 3408 viewsDanTheMan

Too complacent on 19:16 - Sep 9 by Swansea_Blue

For anyone wishing to break the law.

Only in a limited way though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024