Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local pub has just said via social media 13:26 - Oct 4 with 2892 viewsgtsb1966

Good Morning to all of our customers!

From Monday we will have new opening times;
From Monday to Friday we will be opening from 11am till 10pm and on Saturdays & Sundays we will be opening from 10am tiill 10pm.

Doesn't this make a mockery of the stupid 10pm rules the government have set for pubs. Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at the pub at all and I don't blame them but shouldn't the government now scrap the 10pm closing time rule.
Local pub has just said via social media on 14:04 - Oct 4 with 2754 viewsfactual_blue

The sensible thing would of course be to close pubs entirely until this is all under control.

The problem with that is the number of brewers who support the tory party.

The beerage, as it's known.

It unsurprisingly includes Greene King's former chairman.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Local pub has just said via social media on 14:47 - Oct 4 with 2636 viewsTractorWood

Local pub has just said via social media on 14:04 - Oct 4 by factual_blue

The sensible thing would of course be to close pubs entirely until this is all under control.

Exactly. It's like an away game having an early kick off. You just have to start earlier.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Local pub has just said via social media on 14:57 - Oct 4 with 2602 viewsHARRY10

The useless fat buffoon could not give any answer or evidence, when questioned this morning, as to why pubs are being closed at 10pm

The thought has to be that folk will gradually ignore rules as they seem them as neither appropriate or workable.

Perhaps Johnson has some water cannons he could use to use against 'dissenters'
Local pub has just said via social media on 15:03 - Oct 4 with 2580 viewsgtsb1966

Local pub has just said via social media on 14:57 - Oct 4 by HARRY10

The useless fat buffoon could not give any answer or evidence, when questioned this morning, as to why pubs are being closed at 10pm

The thought has to be that folk will gradually ignore rules as they seem them as neither appropriate or workable.

Perhaps Johnson has some water cannons he could use to use against 'dissenters'

I did see that interview and you are correct, he couldn't answer the question. His face when questioned about the eat out to help out scheme summed it all up. I've a feeling he will ditch the 10pm closing soon.
Local pub has just said via social media on 15:43 - Oct 4 with 2520 viewsHARRY10

Local pub has just said via social media on 15:03 - Oct 4 by gtsb1966

I did see that interview and you are correct, he couldn't answer the question. His face when questioned about the eat out to help out scheme summed it all up. I've a feeling he will ditch the 10pm closing soon.

can be seen here at 12.00min

worth a watch, as he blusters and bullshts through the whole interview

Local pub has just said via social media on 16:59 - Oct 4 with 2413 viewsBrixtonBlue

Local pub has just said via social media on 15:43 - Oct 4 by HARRY10

can be seen here at 12.00min

worth a watch, as he blusters and bullshts through the whole interview

I'm no Tory as everyone knows, and I don't agree with many of their policies, but I think he speaks rather well there. I certainly don't see the blustering I was expecting.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Local pub has just said via social media on 17:05 - Oct 4 with 2396 viewsSamWhiteUK

Local pub has just said via social media on 16:59 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

I'm no Tory as everyone knows, and I don't agree with many of their policies, but I think he speaks rather well there. I certainly don't see the blustering I was expecting.

The problem is any time a politician is on the TV, the interviewer is trying to push an agenda
Local pub has just said via social media on 17:49 - Oct 4 with 2353 viewsHARRY10

Local pub has just said via social media on 17:05 - Oct 4 by SamWhiteUK

The problem is any time a politician is on the TV, the interviewer is trying to push an agenda

by asking impertinent questions I suppose

what is the interviewer supposed to be there for ?
Login to get fewer ads

Local pub has just said via social media on 17:53 - Oct 4 with 2345 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Local pub has just said via social media on 16:59 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

He was being interviewed by the equivalent of a soggy lettuce though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Local pub has just said via social media on 18:08 - Oct 4 with 2312 viewssolemio

Robin Day, where are you when we need you?
Local pub has just said via social media on 18:20 - Oct 4 with 2284 viewsBrixtonBlue

Local pub has just said via social media on 17:53 - Oct 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

He was being interviewed by the equivalent of a soggy lettuce though.

Oh yeah, Boris controlled that interview.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Local pub has just said via social media on 19:06 - Oct 4 with 2211 viewscatch74

I know there are quite a few up there who have his ear but the industry does employ 5 million. That’s a large section of the the work force - that doubt seem to be a major cause of infections:

Remember the pubs opened beginning of August the new increase seems to have been from mid-September, school returns, uni starts etc etc

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Local pub has just said via social media on 21:02 - Oct 4 with 2114 viewsstonojnr

Local pub has just said via social media on 19:06 - Oct 4 by catch74

I know there are quite a few up there who have his ear but the industry does employ 5 million. That’s a large section of the the work force - that doubt seem to be a major cause of infections:

Remember the pubs opened beginning of August the new increase seems to have been from mid-September, school returns, uni starts etc etc

they opened 4th July actually, and the governments own reports show 80% of close contacts on people with positive tests happen in the home, less than 5% in pubs/restaurants. PHEs data shows it is schools, care homes & offices that are the source of infection, again with pubs/restaurants around 3-5%.

and it matters because yes the pub trade employs millions of people, each job in a pub has its reckoned 5 other jobs supporting it in the supply chain to the brewer right back to the farmer growing barley, it contributes billions to the economy, thats tax billions and none of the likes of Hancock or Boris have grasped they are trashing the whole setup whilst not even being able to credibly answer why.

fwiw its not the shut at 10pm instead of 11pm thats the real issue, the issue is the government message it gives out is that pubs are a dangerous source of covid infection,and consequently people are avoiding pubs because they now dont feel safe anymore,so takings are down 50% in most pubs, whilst costs have increased massively with all the extra burdens they have to put up and table service staffing.

we could easily lose 1/3rd of pubs this winter if this keeps up, it might even be 1/2 in some areas, we are already starting to see pubs close, and many of tied pubs will be carrying massive debts as they had to keep paying rents whilst they were shut, and having to survive without the traditional christmas trade boost.
Local pub has just said via social media on 21:11 - Oct 4 with 2095 viewscatch74

Local pub has just said via social media on 21:02 - Oct 4 by stonojnr

they opened 4th July actually, and the governments own reports show 80% of close contacts on people with positive tests happen in the home, less than 5% in pubs/restaurants. PHEs data shows it is schools, care homes & offices that are the source of infection, again with pubs/restaurants around 3-5%.

and it matters because yes the pub trade employs millions of people, each job in a pub has its reckoned 5 other jobs supporting it in the supply chain to the brewer right back to the farmer growing barley, it contributes billions to the economy, thats tax billions and none of the likes of Hancock or Boris have grasped they are trashing the whole setup whilst not even being able to credibly answer why.

fwiw its not the shut at 10pm instead of 11pm thats the real issue, the issue is the government message it gives out is that pubs are a dangerous source of covid infection,and consequently people are avoiding pubs because they now dont feel safe anymore,so takings are down 50% in most pubs, whilst costs have increased massively with all the extra burdens they have to put up and table service staffing.

we could easily lose 1/3rd of pubs this winter if this keeps up, it might even be 1/2 in some areas, we are already starting to see pubs close, and many of tied pubs will be carrying massive debts as they had to keep paying rents whilst they were shut, and having to survive without the traditional christmas trade boost.

Ha - you’re right - and I run a pub - we opened 4th July!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Local pub has just said via social media on 22:43 - Oct 4 with 1996 viewsPinewoodblue

Local pub has just said via social media on 19:06 - Oct 4 by catch74

Presumably, since 'Home' is lumped in with other, England could exclude younger children from the rule of Six .

Presumably the only think stopping that is the fact it requires Boris, and his two amigos, to admit they got something wrong.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Local pub has just said via social media on 07:49 - Oct 5 with 1873 viewsmikeybloo88

Local pub has just said via social media on 21:02 - Oct 4 by stonojnr

The real issue is that it doesn't matter what hours the pubs open, it's that far too many still won't moderate their behaviour and still believe they're entitled to go out, get legless, sing loudly, embrace others and generally ignore all safety measures. Going to a well run pub populated with sensible, respectful people is inherently very safe, going to a pub full of retards who can't have a good time unless they're pi$$ed up isn't.
Local pub has just said via social media on 09:29 - Oct 5 with 1784 viewsMeadowlark

What about small breweries, publicans, chefs, cooks, waiting staff, bar staff, delivery drivers, etc? Just because Greene King are Tory donors it doesn't mean that others aren't suffering.
Most (all?) pubs are working within the rules and providing a safe environment. More than I can say for supermarkets!
I like spending time in pubs, and I cannot help thinking they are being unfairly targetted at present.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024