Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long is left for Drinan? 11:40 - Oct 22 with 2620 viewsBluefish

And Norwood?

This could make or break our season. Sears and Judge do not fit the system and nor really dor Norwood and Jackson.

We need Hawkins and Drinan fit or possibly a plan b

Simpson is definitely an option but not as a starter yet

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How long is left for Drinan? on 11:44 - Oct 22 with 2596 viewshype313

Drinan is still probably 6 weeks away if everything goes to plan, Norwood? anyone's guess, sounds like he can't get over his issue.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How long is left for Drinan? on 11:50 - Oct 22 with 2579 viewsPhilTWTD

How long is left for Drinan? on 11:44 - Oct 22 by hype313

Drinan is still probably 6 weeks away if everything goes to plan, Norwood? anyone's guess, sounds like he can't get over his issue.

I don't think the current injury is linked to last season's problems, which if I remember rightly were two separate problems in any case. Was expected to be six weeks around three weeks ago, but obviously given his lack of match fitness even prior to the injury might take a bit longer to get up to speed.

Drinan's been out just over a month with a two-month absence anticipated.
How long is left for Drinan? on 11:51 - Oct 22 with 2564 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I’d imagine Hawkins will start on Saturday even if only at 90% - our lack of any presence up top was all too apparent on Tuesday against a side like that.
How long is left for Drinan? on 11:52 - Oct 22 with 2562 viewshype313

How long is left for Drinan? on 11:50 - Oct 22 by PhilTWTD

I don't think the current injury is linked to last season's problems, which if I remember rightly were two separate problems in any case. Was expected to be six weeks around three weeks ago, but obviously given his lack of match fitness even prior to the injury might take a bit longer to get up to speed.

Drinan's been out just over a month with a two-month absence anticipated.

Ahh gotcha, couldn't remember if it was a niggle from the previous injury or a new one, but it's all been very quiet on that front, doesn't seem to be much news or progress on Norwoods progress, or I have missed it.

4 weeks then for Drinan, which is more positive than my 6 week thought, I kinda thought 4 but added an extra couple for him to get up to speed, I would give managers heart attacks if I was a club physio...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How long is left for Drinan? on 13:30 - Oct 22 with 2389 viewsEdmundo

How long is left for Drinan? on 11:52 - Oct 22 by hype313

Ahh gotcha, couldn't remember if it was a niggle from the previous injury or a new one, but it's all been very quiet on that front, doesn't seem to be much news or progress on Norwoods progress, or I have missed it.

4 weeks then for Drinan, which is more positive than my 6 week thought, I kinda thought 4 but added an extra couple for him to get up to speed, I would give managers heart attacks if I was a club physio...

Given Norwood's recent off field transgression, he has maybe got a touch of the Flynn Downes' "head not in the right place" and needs to get mentally as well as physically back in the groove. I am happy with Hawkins or Drinan up top anyhow, with the current system. However, a fit James Norwood would be a perfect plan B.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

How long is left for Drinan? on 13:32 - Oct 22 with 2381 viewsSwansea_Blue

How long is left for Drinan? on 13:30 - Oct 22 by Edmundo

Given Norwood's recent off field transgression, he has maybe got a touch of the Flynn Downes' "head not in the right place" and needs to get mentally as well as physically back in the groove. I am happy with Hawkins or Drinan up top anyhow, with the current system. However, a fit James Norwood would be a perfect plan B.

Somebody needs to give it a good whack back into place! it's not as if he's a kid anymore.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How long is left for Drinan? on 13:39 - Oct 22 with 2364 viewsBluefish

How long is left for Drinan? on 13:30 - Oct 22 by Edmundo

Norwood isn't really a plan b he is a player that doesn't fit our system very well trying to play our system

A plan b is a change of shape and style, last season we lacked a plan a but now we only have a plan a

How long is left for Drinan? on 14:07 - Oct 22 with 2300 viewsPortman_Pie

Drinan... Make or break for the outcome of our season?

Oh please - the guy was a million miles off the first team even as an 89th minute sub last season - and now some are claiming him to be some linchpin in our season..?
Login to get fewer ads

How long is left for Drinan? on 14:13 - Oct 22 with 2289 viewsITFC_Forever

You've missed an opportunity there.

How long is left for Lambert is more the question. We are not going to get promoted with him in charge.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:00 - Oct 22 with 2219 viewsBluefish

How long is left for Drinan? on 14:07 - Oct 22 by Portman_Pie

Drinan... Make or break for the outcome of our season?

Oh please - the guy was a million miles off the first team even as an 89th minute sub last season - and now some are claiming him to be some linchpin in our season..?

The system needs a target man to hold it together

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:01 - Oct 22 with 2216 viewsBluefish

How long is left for Drinan? on 14:13 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

You've missed an opportunity there.

How long is left for Lambert is more the question. We are not going to get promoted with him in charge.

Goes without saying and I wouldn't want to be repetitive or forced my opinions on anyone

Lambert out
FOPRP

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:09 - Oct 22 with 2195 views66notout

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:00 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

You appear to have forgotten the spat between Phil and the gaffer, who told him in no uncertain terms that “it’s not about systems.”
How long is left for Drinan? on 15:09 - Oct 22 with 2189 viewsParky

How long is left for Drinan? on 13:39 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

Norwood isn't really a plan b he is a player that doesn't fit our system very well trying to play our system

A plan b is a change of shape and style, last season we lacked a plan a but now we only have a plan a

Disagree with this. A fully fit James Norwood (probably more from his Tranmere days) would fit our new system very well.

Puts himself about, can hold the ball up and also get in behind when needed. My opinion only of course.

All of that said, I don’t think we’re going to see a fully fit James Norwood for a long time, if ever at all.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 15:10]
How long is left for Drinan? on 15:11 - Oct 22 with 2182 viewsPhilTWTD

How long is left for Drinan? on 11:52 - Oct 22 by hype313

It's only been a couple of weeks and we didn't ask about any of the long-term injured at last Friday's presser.
How long is left for Drinan? on 15:20 - Oct 22 with 2144 viewsBluefish

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:09 - Oct 22 by 66notout

You appear to have forgotten the spat between Phil and the gaffer, who told him in no uncertain terms that “it’s not about systems.”

They are both a bit hot headed as we all know but I'm going to side with Phil

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:22 - Oct 22 with 2138 viewsBluefish

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:09 - Oct 22 by Parky

Disagree with this. A fully fit James Norwood (probably more from his Tranmere days) would fit our new system very well.

Puts himself about, can hold the ball up and also get in behind when needed. My opinion only of course.

All of that said, I don’t think we’re going to see a fully fit James Norwood for a long time, if ever at all.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 15:10]

I didnt watch him play for tranmere but I've watched him for ipswich and he roams too much to play the role in the style required. He can play the role but it is not natural and particularly fitting for the system
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 16:00]

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:42 - Oct 22 with 2051 viewsParky

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:22 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

I didnt watch him play for tranmere but I've watched him for ipswich and he roams too much to play the role in the style required. He can play the role but it is not natural and particularly fitting for the system
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 16:00]

Agree to disagree.
How long is left for Drinan? on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 1848 viewsKeaneish

How long is left for Drinan? on 13:39 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

Although he was the country’s top scorer two season’s ago playing up top on his own..,

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How long is left for Drinan? on 20:15 - Oct 22 with 1774 viewsPortman_Pie

How long is left for Drinan? on 15:00 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

The System' AKA 4-3-3 and Shamberts continual chosen formation may - but do you really believe we have a Target man in the squad?

My perception of a Target man is a focal point to play the ball to, whether that be from goal kicks, or up the feild, to hold up play, and bring in others to shoot / score from. Scowcroft was a Target man.

Drinan - the same? No chance.... The only target man we have or anything like Target man is Hawkins, and I'm not convinced he's capable.

The alleged 'system' Shambert has set his heart on is floored if it's the same week in week out. He needs to develop some tactical nouse, and play aginst teams given their strengths occasionally - not just the same static guff formation we have wheeled out thus far.

A new manager is what's needed - plain and simple, so this clueless charlatan can move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024