Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. 09:50 - Nov 14 with 753 viewsBlueBadger

Up on top of the wardrobe where it belongs for another 5 weeks because it's fooking November.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 9:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 09:52 - Nov 14 with 741 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

With all that has gone on this year, understand why some have gone early on Christmas. We shall wait until 2 weeks before as normal.
Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 10:14 - Nov 14 with 699 viewsdickie

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 09:52 - Nov 14 by IpswichBoyBlue

With all that has gone on this year, understand why some have gone early on Christmas. We shall wait until 2 weeks before as normal.

We shall put ours up on December 1st then take it down on Boxing Day again
Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 11:22 - Nov 14 with 665 viewsGuthrum

If we're still in lockdown or restrictions, might postpone Christmas altogether.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 11:39 - Nov 14 with 654 viewsSwansea_Blue

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 09:52 - Nov 14 by IpswichBoyBlue

I might go early this year. It’s been such a sh*te year, why not cheer yourself up a bit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 11:42 - Nov 14 with 656 viewsDyland

Our decorations will go up on Christmas Eve and come down sometime in March, if we can be arsed.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 12:58 - Nov 14 with 629 viewsBlueBadger

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 11:22 - Nov 14 by Guthrum

If we're still in lockdown or restrictions, might postpone Christmas altogether.

I've said, semi seriously to my family that I'm binning it in solidarity with my Muslim colleagues who were unable to celebrate Eid al Fitr in May.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 13:11 - Nov 14 with 619 viewsfooters

After the recession of 2008, I knew things had really become serious when the bloke who celebrates Christmas every day had to start putting his cards through his door instead of posting them and paying for stamps.

His wife had left him by then already, mind you.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 13:12 - Nov 14 with 615 viewsGeoffSentence

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 10:14 - Nov 14 by dickie

well that's just wrong.

Up when the kids break up (even though ours are adult now) and dow on the twelfth night.

You must be a pagan or some such monstrosity dickie.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 19:28 - Nov 14 with 529 viewsJ2BLUE

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 10:14 - Nov 14 by dickie

You sound a right bundle of laughs.

"Right that's it, it's midnight, get the tree down, that#s us done for another year"

Up - first weekend in December
Down - 30th December as I can't think of anything more depressing than taking the tree down in January

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 19:49 - Nov 14 with 511 viewsAce_High1

Not put a tree up in 5 years and don't intend to start now!

The best thing about Christmas? Its another month nearer the good weather returning.

20+ degrees - can't wait for the spring.
Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 20:20 - Nov 14 with 498 viewsMelford

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 19:49 - Nov 14 by Ace_High1

Not put a tree up in 5 years and don't intend to start now!

The best thing about Christmas? Its another month nearer the good weather returning.

20+ degrees - can't wait for the spring.

Apart from the 5 years I was living with my ex-mrs apart from putting the few Christmas cards that I've been sent on the windowsill I haven't put any decorations up in the 20 odd years since I left home. This Christmas Day will be the first one I won't have worked since 1999 so that probably has a bearing on my attitude to the festive season.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 21:20 - Nov 14 with 448 viewsRyorry

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 12:58 - Nov 14 by BlueBadger

I've said, semi seriously to my family that I'm binning it in solidarity with my Muslim colleagues who were unable to celebrate Eid al Fitr in May.

Have never been much of a fan of it, and don't see much reason to celebrate this year anyway.

Will be celebrate the daylight starting to extend again on Dec. 22nd tho 👍 Then maybe a knees-up in March/April if we're able to resume at least some of the normalities we used to take for granted.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 21:24 - Nov 14 with 445 viewsdickie

Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 13:12 - Nov 14 by GeoffSentence

well that's just wrong.

Up when the kids break up (even though ours are adult now) and dow on the twelfth night.

You must be a pagan or some such monstrosity dickie.

Haha! Ours aren't school age yet hence the decorations going up on the 1st December. Last year we took ours down on Boxing Day evening not out of any Scrooge-Ness but we just wanted the lounge back really!
Following the example of friends on social media, I have my Xmas tree up. on 09:43 - Nov 15 with 362 viewsBLUEBEAT

Not going to put any up

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024