Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brenner.... 20:38 - Dec 15 with 2025 viewsunstableblue

...whilst that first half performance was marginally better, and we at times showed some forward intent, it still wasn’t good enough.

BUT it was not terrible. Brenner tonight on the commentary has an angle, and is increasing the urgency when burton are on the ball, and is looking for an angle on our plight and the mood of the crowd.

Can understand why, but it’s really noticeable tonight.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brenner.... on 20:40 - Dec 15 with 1935 viewsfooters

We're drawing 1-1 with bottom of the table Burton, bruv. I appreciate the optimism, but fck me.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 20:40]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brenner.... on 20:40 - Dec 15 with 1925 viewsHerbivore

The conspiracy theories around a local radio commentator are hilarious. I didn't really know who he was until I'd seen a couple of games on iFollow last season and was stunned to find out that it was the same chap that people think is a cheerleader for the opposition. Utterly bizarre.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brenner.... on 20:41 - Dec 15 with 1889 viewsDanTheMan

*Checks score*

Suuuuuuuuure.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Brenner.... on 20:42 - Dec 15 with 1846 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You're projecting.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Brenner.... on 20:42 - Dec 15 with 1842 viewsDublinBlue84

If we were playing top of the table you might have a point.

But we're playing the worst team in the league, so you don't.

Playing average against bottom of the table is worse than playing below average against the top.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Brenner.... on 20:43 - Dec 15 with 1835 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

But we ARE terrible... so... you know.
Brenner.... on 20:43 - Dec 15 with 1828 viewsMrTown

Mate we are pîss poor, absolute pîss poor.

I wouldn’t be surprised one bit to see Burton win this.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Brenner.... on 20:44 - Dec 15 with 1787 viewsDyland

LOL

Shmoke and a pancake?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Brenner.... on 20:44 - Dec 15 with 1788 viewshomer_123

We are at home to the bottom side. Up inside 5 mins and Brennar states a great and perfect start and comments how well we are playing.

Fast forward to half time and we have completely allowed Burton back into it reverting back to our usual turgid football having lost all impetuous. Calls it correctly again in stating it needs to be better and Town need to do more.

At half time clearly and correctly states there is a mix of boos and cheers.

What in earth are you banging on about?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Brenner.... on 20:45 - Dec 15 with 1771 viewsfooters

Brenner.... on 20:44 - Dec 15 by Dyland

LOL

Shmoke and a pancake?

That sounds rather nice, actually.

Brenner.... on 20:45 - Dec 15 with 1757 viewsLankHenners

Brenner.... on 20:40 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

The conspiracy theories around a local radio commentator are hilarious. I didn't really know who he was until I'd seen a couple of games on iFollow last season and was stunned to find out that it was the same chap that people think is a cheerleader for the opposition. Utterly bizarre.

The MAGA lot who think Donald Trump has been sent from God to save the world from a demonic paedophile cabal have more credibility in their theory than the ‘Brenner Woolley supports the opposition’ lunatics.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Brenner.... on 20:46 - Dec 15 with 1732 viewsJDB23

Brenner.... on 20:42 - Dec 15 by DublinBlue84

If we were playing top of the table you might have a point.

But we're playing the worst team in the league, so you don't.

Playing average against bottom of the table is worse than playing below average against the top.

The live table has Wigan as the worst team in the league. I remember when people were lauding our win over them because they would be "surprising a few people this year" and doing well. Good times.

This is the only level of competition we can compete against.
Brenner.... on 20:46 - Dec 15 with 1728 viewsfooters

Brenner.... on 20:45 - Dec 15 by LankHenners

The MAGA lot who think Donald Trump has been sent from God to save the world from a demonic paedophile cabal have more credibility in their theory than the ‘Brenner Woolley supports the opposition’ lunatics.

He doesn't even have a dog in the fight, does he? Think someone said he supports Newcastle.

Brenner.... on 20:47 - Dec 15 with 1708 viewsthebooks

I don’t agree. I think Brenner is very reasonable and unbiased. If anything he’s making sure he doesn’t sound anti-Lambert/Evans.

I’ve been taken aback by how much things have turned here. I’ve been really anti-Evans for years, and think Lambert should have been sacked after the relegation season, but now I feel relatively centrist about it all.
Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:49 - Dec 15 with 1662 viewsunstableblue

Calm yourselves!!!

Again let me repeat:

whilst that first half performance was marginally better, and we at times showed some forward intent, IT STILL WASNT GOOD ENOUGH

now this is a football forum, and my OPINION, which has some merit is that Brenner is commentating with an angle, and when watching AND listening he makes burtons sound more potent and in charge than they are

That’s all!!

Now given Lamberts terrible media relations I don’t blame him, but it’s an angle

YOU LOT... tssssk

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:50 - Dec 15 with 1637 viewshomer_123

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:49 - Dec 15 by unstableblue

Calm yourselves!!!

Again let me repeat:

whilst that first half performance was marginally better, and we at times showed some forward intent, IT STILL WASNT GOOD ENOUGH

now this is a football forum, and my OPINION, which has some merit is that Brenner is commentating with an angle, and when watching AND listening he makes burtons sound more potent and in charge than they are

That’s all!!

Now given Lamberts terrible media relations I don’t blame him, but it’s an angle

YOU LOT... tssssk

No he isn't. You are wrong.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:51 - Dec 15 with 1617 viewsfooters

Calm yourselves!!!

Again let me repeat:

That’s all!!

YOU LOT... tssssk

And those are our OPINIONS.

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:52 - Dec 15 with 1594 viewsunstableblue

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:50 - Dec 15 by homer_123

No he isn't. You are wrong.

No you’re wrong (and repeat)

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:53 - Dec 15 with 1590 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Calm yourselves!!!

Again let me repeat:

That’s all!!

YOU LOT... tssssk

Your opinion doesn't have any merit. It's nonsense.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:53 - Dec 15 with 1586 viewsunstableblue

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:51 - Dec 15 by footers

And those are our OPINIONS.

But yours are wrong ... snigger

Whooooa TWTD you’re projecting again!!!! on 20:59 - Dec 15 with 1507 viewsDyland

Calm yourselves!!!

Again let me repeat:

That’s all!!

YOU LOT... tssssk

"... and when watching AND listening he makes burtons sound more potent and in charge than they are."

Not really. You're imagining it. It's unconscious bias maybe, you believe it so imagine it's true whenever Burton attack.

I kind of understand the grumbling that Brenner gets equally "excited" when the oppo attack, but it's pretty ignorant cos he's an excellent commentator if listeners want to get the essence of the action as opposed to listening to a Town cheerleader, which is not his job.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024