Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday 09:55 - Jan 5 with 3399 viewsWallingford_Boy

Seeing as the squad haven't played for weeks, the players who have been out injured won't be so far behind now in terms of match fitness, so I guess more likely to return to the matchday squad.

Too early for Downes and Bish I assume, but maybe see KVY/Norwood/Edwards back?

Not seen an injury update for aaaaages, but think those three were due back over Xmas/early new year.

RIP Sir Bobby

Saturday on 09:57 - Jan 5 with 3375 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I would assume it would be a fairly similar team to normal, but difficult to predict as we don't know who has had covid/if they have even recovered.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Saturday on 09:58 - Jan 5 with 3379 viewscatch74

Someone was saying it had been reported that Norwood has been banging in goals in training and Edwards about to start on the grass! KVY - last I heard had a few niggles but not Achilles - probably to be expected after so long out. Those three would make a difference.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Saturday on 10:25 - Jan 5 with 3303 viewsWallingford_Boy

Saturday on 09:58 - Jan 5 by catch74

Someone was saying it had been reported that Norwood has been banging in goals in training and Edwards about to start on the grass! KVY - last I heard had a few niggles but not Achilles - probably to be expected after so long out. Those three would make a difference.

Yeah Norwood is back training apparently and scoring "bangers" by all accounts.

KVY been training for almost a month, so would like to think those two may be on the bench (if niggles are ok).

RIP Sir Bobby

Saturday on 10:36 - Jan 5 with 3264 viewsChrisd

Saturday on 10:25 - Jan 5 by Wallingford_Boy

KVY been training for almost a month, so would like to think those two may be on the bench (if niggles are ok).

Really can’t see KVY walking back into the side even with him back in regular training, he needs games to improve his match fitness. Hoping he might make the bench and is given minutes that way.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Saturday on 10:45 - Jan 5 with 3247 viewsitfcjoe

Saturday on 10:25 - Jan 5 by Wallingford_Boy

I can't see we'll see any returning players in the starting XI, with possible exception of Norwood who they seem to rush back

Shame no U23s game this week to give them all a run out - wouldn't surprise me if we had a behind closed doors intra squad friendly yesterday or today

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Saturday on 10:51 - Jan 5 with 3230 viewsclive_baker

Downes makes me a little nervous, doesn't appear to be much said about him by way of injury updates? I was expecting him to be in contention by now. Absolute stab in the dark for Sat with zero def info I would say:

Cornell
Chambers Woolf McGuinness Ward
Lankester Nolan Dozzell Judge Jackson
Hawkins

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Saturday on 10:53 - Jan 5 with 3216 viewsitfcjoe

Saturday on 10:51 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

Downes makes me a little nervous, doesn't appear to be much said about him by way of injury updates? I was expecting him to be in contention by now. Absolute stab in the dark for Sat with zero def info I would say:

Cornell
Chambers Woolf McGuinness Ward
Lankester Nolan Dozzell Judge Jackson
Hawkins

Andy Warren seemed to think he was the closest when last spoke

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Saturday on 10:53 - Jan 5 with 3216 viewsBlueBadger

Saturday on 10:36 - Jan 5 by Chrisd

Really can’t see KVY walking back into the side even with him back in regular training, he needs games to improve his match fitness. Hoping he might make the bench and is given minutes that way.

Lambert will start him in about a fortnight's time and he'll be out for the rest of the season after about 25 minutes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday on 11:51 - Jan 5 with 3105 viewsWallingford_Boy

Saturday on 10:53 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

Andy Warren seemed to think he was the closest when last spoke

Closest compared with whom?

KVY and Norwood already training, Edwards doing gym work.

Only really Bishop left (I'm not including Skuse anymore).

RIP Sir Bobby

Saturday on 12:24 - Jan 5 with 3020 viewsPhilTWTD

Saturday on 11:51 - Jan 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Closest compared with whom?

KVY and Norwood already training, Edwards doing gym work.

Only really Bishop left (I'm not including Skuse anymore).

Bishop wasn't expected to be far away from the last PL presser on injuries, which admittedly was almost a month ago now.

“I think Flynn Downes [knee] and Teddy Bishop [ankle] hopefully maybe can start training in Christmas week or the early part of the new year. Hopefully they’ll come back at the same time."
Saturday on 12:35 - Jan 5 with 2973 viewsWallingford_Boy

Saturday on 12:24 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

Bishop wasn't expected to be far away from the last PL presser on injuries, which admittedly was almost a month ago now.

“I think Flynn Downes [knee] and Teddy Bishop [ankle] hopefully maybe can start training in Christmas week or the early part of the new year. Hopefully they’ll come back at the same time."

Fingers crossed.

I just assumed as it was Bishop, plus as Downes was longer term, they might take longer to get back involved.

So were are basically full strength v Swindon?! Yippee!! (Jokes).

RIP Sir Bobby

Saturday on 13:08 - Jan 5 with 2876 viewsTieDyedIn95

We'll definitely be absolutely awful, as we always are after any break or rest regardless of who's available.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Saturday on 13:14 - Jan 5 with 2848 viewsPinewoodblue

Saturday on 12:35 - Jan 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Fingers crossed.

I just assumed as it was Bishop, plus as Downes was longer term, they might take longer to get back involved.

So were are basically full strength v Swindon?! Yippee!! (Jokes).

Live on Sky what could possibly go wrong.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Saturday on 14:59 - Jan 5 with 2712 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Saturday on 13:08 - Jan 5 by TieDyedIn95

We'll definitely be absolutely awful, as we always are after any break or rest regardless of who's available.

Luckily Swindon are absolutely terrible and have an awful manager. Should be no problem even if we turn up at 50%.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Saturday on 15:37 - Jan 5 with 2672 viewsBlueBadger

Saturday on 13:08 - Jan 5 by TieDyedIn95

Come on now, we're not dreadful after breaks, we're dreadful pretty much all the time.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 15:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Saturday on 15:42 - Jan 5 with 2656 viewsPJH

Saturday on 15:37 - Jan 5 by BlueBadger

Come on now, we're not dreadful after breaks, we're dreadful pretty much all the time.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 15:44]

and sometimes not even that good.
Saturday on 16:23 - Jan 5 with 2617 viewsArnieM

Given the length of time the injured players have been out ( months/ year+), and the amount of games now coming up ( see March!), it wouldn’t be unexpected for yet more injuries ( re injured ) . Our strength and conditioning approach is very much in question at this Club IMO

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024