Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird walking to the ground from Willis 11:56 - Jan 7 with 1561 viewshype313

Now the drum and the car sales showroom have gone it has opened it up so you can see the ground from the roundabout.

Just a shame it's not the good side of the face..

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:00 - Jan 7 with 1511 viewsKeno

there's a good side?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:02 - Jan 7 with 1504 viewshype313

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:00 - Jan 7 by Keno

there's a good side?

Sir Bob at a very obscure angle, looking from Alderman road.

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:11 - Jan 7 with 1467 viewsPendejo

there's a good side?

That ground from every angle is a good side.

Don't care how dirty or ramshackle or even that it looks different it's still the place a young Pendejo experienced...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:23 - Jan 7 with 1425 viewsKeno

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:02 - Jan 7 by hype313

Sir Bob at a very obscure angle, looking from Alderman road.

I can still remember the thrill of walking along Princess Street, legging it over Civic Drive and approaching the North stand as you weaved your way over the car park

TWTD's!!

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:24 - Jan 7 with 1420 viewsWallingford_Boy

there's a good side?

Admittedly the Portman Road side looks a little dated, but the rest of the ground is pretty smart.

I like standing in the childrens playground near the bus station and looking at the ground from that angle.

I don't have any children....

RIP Sir Bobby

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:31 - Jan 7 with 1398 viewsFixed_It

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:23 - Jan 7 by Keno

I can still remember the thrill of walking along Princess Street, legging it over Civic Drive and approaching the North stand as you weaved your way over the car park

TWTD's!!

I remember the thrill of being in the North Stand, pre-match when a set of away fans were trying to 'take it', and then seeing the cavalry on their way across the car-park from the Jolly Farmer or wherever they had been drinking. There never was a finer sight!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:35 - Jan 7 with 1381 viewsKeno

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:31 - Jan 7 by Fixed_It

I remember the thrill of being in the North Stand, pre-match when a set of away fans were trying to 'take it', and then seeing the cavalry on their way across the car-park from the Jolly Farmer or wherever they had been drinking. There never was a finer sight!

you heard them coming before you saw them

"there's more of us to come"

or something like that

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 13:33 - Jan 7 with 1260 viewsSteve_M

Yes, was back in Ipswich in December and it is very open there. The view of PR under floodlights across the car park will be quite impressive if we get to see a match soon though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 13:46 - Jan 7 with 1211 viewsParisBlue

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 13:33 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

Yes, was back in Ipswich in December and it is very open there. The view of PR under floodlights across the car park will be quite impressive if we get to see a match soon though.

Is there a better place to be than a full Portman Road on a weekday evening under floodlights...?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 13:48 - Jan 7 with 1204 viewsPhilTWTD

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:24 - Jan 7 by Wallingford_Boy

Admittedly the Portman Road side looks a little dated, but the rest of the ground is pretty smart.

I like standing in the childrens playground near the bus station and looking at the ground from that angle.

They were going to be tidying up the back of the Cobbold Stand, think someone was going to paint murals or something along those lines on the glass if I remember rightly. Obviously Covid meant that didn't happen.
Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 13:51 - Jan 7 with 1182 viewshype313

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 13:48 - Jan 7 by PhilTWTD

They were going to be tidying up the back of the Cobbold Stand, think someone was going to paint murals or something along those lines on the glass if I remember rightly. Obviously Covid meant that didn't happen.

Now that land has been cleared they have a real opportunity to make it look far nicer than it does, I appreciate cost comes into it and I'm not expecting anything like White Hart Lane, but it would be really nice to see it in all it's glory as you are walking towards it from town.

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:11 - Jan 7 with 1119 viewshype313

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 13:33 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

Fingers crossed we will be able to wander down there early summer to see the ground in the hazy sunset as we will have lots of games to cram in.

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:17 - Jan 7 with 1103 viewshoppy

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 13:51 - Jan 7 by hype313

Now that land has been cleared they have a real opportunity to make it look far nicer than it does, I appreciate cost comes into it and I'm not expecting anything like White Hart Lane, but it would be really nice to see it in all it's glory as you are walking towards it from town.

I thought planning permission had been granted, or at least applied for, for a hotel and multi storey car park to go there?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:18 - Jan 7 with 1085 viewsPhilTWTD

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:17 - Jan 7 by hoppy

I thought planning permission had been granted, or at least applied for, for a hotel and multi storey car park to go there?

Early stages of the process, I think. Nothing for definite yet.
Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:20 - Jan 7 with 1079 viewsjudespiveyg

Nah looking across the Portman Road carpark at the Cobbold Stand, with the two stands towering above it, is the best view of the ground.

Closely followed by the South Stand viewed from around the train station, as well as the excitement of seeing the back of the North Stand, with its towering floodlights, from the top of Berners Street.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:21 - Jan 7 with 1074 viewshype313

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:17 - Jan 7 by hoppy

Oh well, that would put pay to that then. However, last time I read Covid had put the brakes on that for the time being, not sure a multi story car park is needed though?

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:22 - Jan 7 with 1067 viewsPhilTWTD

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 14:21 - Jan 7 by hype313

Oh well, that would put pay to that then. However, last time I read Covid had put the brakes on that for the time being, not sure a multi story car park is needed though?

Think the idea is the multi-storey will replace the parking which will go when the development takes place.
Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 15:15 - Jan 7 with 928 viewsLesta_Tractor

Weird walking to the ground from Willis on 12:24 - Jan 7 by Wallingford_Boy

Did there used to be an astro turf where that playground is?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 15:15]

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024