Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GB News going well so far 16:58 - Jan 28 with 2119 viewstractordownsouth

First hire is wannabe shock jock and pro-herd immunity covidiot Dan Wooton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55842872

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

GB News going well so far on 16:59 - Jan 28 with 1367 viewsfooters

*EastEnders expert Dan Wootton.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 16:59]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

GB News going well so far on 17:03 - Jan 28 with 1331 viewsDarth_Koont

Considering what our generally shyte and unbalanced media has led to, people should be very, very concerned about it getting even shyter and more unbalanced.

It’s already the least trusted media in the western world (OECD).

Pronouns: He/Him

GB News going well so far on 17:04 - Jan 28 with 1316 viewsJDB23

Exactly the kind of person their target audience drool over so no surprise.

Next up JHB and Darren Grimes to host an "impartial" weekly review show.
GB News going well so far on 17:05 - Jan 28 with 1303 viewsJ2BLUE

I take it you mean pro herd immunity as in letting the virus run rampant with no controls rather than via vaccines?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GB News going well so far on 17:07 - Jan 28 with 1286 viewsfooters

GB News going well so far on 17:05 - Jan 28 by J2BLUE

I take it you mean pro herd immunity as in letting the virus run rampant with no controls rather than via vaccines?

Yeah, he's been pretty strident in his 'open everything up for the sake of the economy' argument since it started, really.

Not that he really believes it. Just says it for clout and shock value.

GB News going well so far on 17:09 - Jan 28 with 1273 viewstractordownsouth

GB News going well so far on 17:03 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

Considering what our generally shyte and unbalanced media has led to, people should be very, very concerned about it getting even shyter and more unbalanced.

Despite being well aware that our media is highly partisan, I'm surprised that it's less trusted than the US.

GB News going well so far on 17:11 - Jan 28 with 1255 viewstractordownsouth

GB News going well so far on 17:04 - Jan 28 by JDB23

Only if Grimes has found the key to get out of his Mum's basement.

GB News going well so far on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 1254 viewsJ2BLUE

GB News going well so far on 17:09 - Jan 28 by tractordownsouth

Despite being well aware that our media is highly partisan, I'm surprised that it's less trusted than the US.

Is that because Americans only go to their echo chamber of choice though? We have the BBC who are neutral and therefore accused of both sides of pushing the agenda of the other.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

GB News going well so far on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 1255 viewsBent_double

I've only ever seen him when he's been a guest on Jeremy Vine on CH5, and he's made me want to punch the TV out every single time.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

GB News going well so far on 17:13 - Jan 28 with 1236 viewsGlasgowBlue

GB News going well so far on 17:03 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

Aren’t you the bloke who often links the Canary and Novara Media?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GB News going well so far on 17:14 - Jan 28 with 1235 viewstractordownsouth

GB News going well so far on 17:12 - Jan 28 by J2BLUE

Is that because Americans only go to their echo chamber of choice though? We have the BBC who are neutral and therefore accused of both sides of pushing the agenda of the other.

I imagine so - there are at least 30% of Americans that will treat Fox News as a credible source.

GB News going well so far on 17:14 - Jan 28 with 1238 viewsfooters

GB News going well so far on 17:12 - Jan 28 by Bent_double

I've only ever seen him when he's been a guest on Jeremy Vine on CH5, and he's made me want to punch the TV out every single time.

If it makes you feel any better, he was once berating a group of his underlings at News UK, stood up to rant more and the crotch of his trousers came apart, revealing his package.

GB News going well so far on 17:19 - Jan 28 with 1205 viewsDarth_Koont

GB News going well so far on 17:09 - Jan 28 by tractordownsouth

As a cross-section the US media has always struck me as much more balanced.

Clearly there’s an issue with for example local TV station ratings and amping up the crime and violence but in terms of the national, state or local debate the US press seems much better from what I’ve read.

In the UK our local news is underfunded and largely underrepresented. And the national coverage is dire as serious journalism. Chuck in the shock jock cable news of Murdoch and Neil and it’s a disaster.

I’d put the current (and now deteriorating) state of the UK media and political debate as one of the major reasons Scotland should be independent. There’s literally no hope with a right-wing bubble of self-interest pulling the strings of our national political parties and indeed shaping the debate.

GB News going well so far on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 1190 viewsfooters

GB News going well so far on 17:13 - Jan 28 by GlasgowBlue

Aren't you the bloke who links to Bild despite not knowing what it is?

GB News going well so far on 17:22 - Jan 28 with 1186 viewsJ2BLUE

GB News going well so far on 17:19 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

As a cross-section the US media has always struck me as much more balanced.

Clearly there’s an issue with for example local TV station ratings and amping up the crime and violence but in terms of the national, state or local debate the US press seems much better from what I’ve read.

In the UK our local news is underfunded and largely underrepresented. And the national coverage is dire as serious journalism. Chuck in the shock jock cable news of Murdoch and Neil and it’s a disaster.

I’d put the current (and now deteriorating) state of the UK media and political debate as one of the major reasons Scotland should be independent. There’s literally no hope with a right-wing bubble of self-interest pulling the strings of our national political parties and indeed shaping the debate.

If there was a referendum tomorrow would Scotland leave or remain in your opinion?

Truly impaired.

GB News going well so far on 17:31 - Jan 28 with 1160 viewsEastTownBlue

GB News going well so far on 17:04 - Jan 28 by JDB23

Followed by a daily political round up courtesy of Guido Fawkes.
GB News going well so far on 17:39 - Jan 28 with 1130 viewsDarth_Koont

GB News going well so far on 17:13 - Jan 28 by GlasgowBlue

Not the Canary as far as I’m aware. I’ve read some decent stuff there but don’t really follow it.

Novara is pretty good though. Anyone like them and Double Down News, Middle East Eye, Owen Jones new podcast who is willing to cover stories in detail that the mainstream media ducks like Assange, the antisemitism smear campaign, racial inequality, UK arms sales and overseas subterfuge, general political sh1thousery in party politics etc. has a valuable place.

These outlets are also crowdfunded mostly. Contrast that with the millions pumped into the corporate media and these new outlets to push out a stale, status quo narrative and shape the debate on a massive scale. Not to mention the neutered BBC that legitimises it by not even countering it in the interests of balance and public service.

The irony is that this narrative is what is breaking up the UK. And the more the disenfranchised hear the status quo patting itself on the back, outside of the British flag waving bubble of course, the more inevitable it becomes.

GB News going well so far on 17:39 - Jan 28 with 1128 viewsGlasgowBlue

GB News going well so far on 17:21 - Jan 28 by footers

Indeed. But koonters knew what a cesspit of antisemitism the canary is. So what’s his excuse?

Iron Lion Zion

GB News going well so far on 17:41 - Jan 28 with 1118 viewsGlasgowBlue

GB News going well so far on 17:39 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

Not the Canary as far as I’m aware. I’ve read some decent stuff there but don’t really follow it.

Novara is pretty good though. Anyone like them and Double Down News, Middle East Eye, Owen Jones new podcast who is willing to cover stories in detail that the mainstream media ducks like Assange, the antisemitism smear campaign, racial inequality, UK arms sales and overseas subterfuge, general political sh1thousery in party politics etc. has a valuable place.

These outlets are also crowdfunded mostly. Contrast that with the millions pumped into the corporate media and these new outlets to push out a stale, status quo narrative and shape the debate on a massive scale. Not to mention the neutered BBC that legitimises it by not even countering it in the interests of balance and public service.

The irony is that this narrative is what is breaking up the UK. And the more the disenfranchised hear the status quo patting itself on the back, outside of the British flag waving bubble of course, the more inevitable it becomes.

We can add the Dorset Eye to your list of trusted media. Who funds the Middle East Eye btw? Dint they have connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas?

Oh and there you go

Whether you think Corbyn is the answer or not ... by Darth_Koont 7 Apr 2017 13:02
This article and the referenced research makes valid points re: the media and its political coverage.

http://www.thecanary.co/2017/04/05/corbyn-left-tv-presenter-gobsmacked-blatant-bias-went-step-far-video/

Personally, I think our media have been shocking in this regard for at least a decade - never mind the overall right-wing bias of the privately owned media, there's this subservient and uncritical attitude to politicians who supply them with the content they need. They're unable to bite the hand that feeds them, which is why someone like Corbyn who doesn't play a media-friendly game is a threat, never mind his politics.

[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 17:45]

Iron Lion Zion

GB News going well so far on 17:46 - Jan 28 with 1097 viewsBlueBadger

It's about time the sorely under represented demographic of old, angry white heterosexual bigots had their own news channel. It's sorely underrepresented in the mainstream media.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

GB News going well so far on 17:48 - Jan 28 with 1087 viewsDarth_Koont

GB News going well so far on 17:21 - Jan 28 by footers

Glassers loves an untrustworthy source. They always give him the loudest, most unhinged and most bad faith accusations that are his currency.

I wonder if he can dig through his posting Excel and find my list of untrustworthies. That was a corker – charlatans one and all.

GB News going well so far on 17:49 - Jan 28 with 1073 viewsGlasgowBlue

GB News going well so far on 17:48 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

Glassers loves an untrustworthy source. They always give him the loudest, most unhinged and most bad faith accusations that are his currency.

I wonder if he can dig through his posting Excel and find my list of untrustworthies. That was a corker – charlatans one and all.

GB News going well so far by GlasgowBlue 28 Jan 2021 17:13

Iron Lion Zion

GB News going well so far on 17:52 - Jan 28 with 1064 viewsfactual_blue

GB News going well so far on 17:14 - Jan 28 by footers

If it makes you feel any better, he was once berating a group of his underlings at News UK, stood up to rant more and the crotch of his trousers came apart, revealing his package.

My favourite newspaper story is this, and it involves Robert Maxwell.

Back in those days, people could still smoke in offices. Maxwell couldn't stand smoking though.

One day he was walking along a corridor in the Daily Mirror offices. He came upon a chap having a fag in the corridor. Mazwell's face darkened. 'How much,' he said, barely able to control himself, 'do you get paid a month?'

'£800 mate,' replied the smoker (I said it was a long time ago).

Maxwell pulled a large wad of £20 notes from his pocket, counted out a eighty notes, thrust them into the rather surprised looking smoker's hand, and bawled 'Here's two months' pay. You're fired. Get out of the building NOW, and never, ever come back.'

The smoker picked up his bag and left in a hurry.

A moment later a chap came out of a nearby door. 'Oh hello, Mr Maxwell,' he said. 'Have you seen the photocopier engineer? He was waiting here a moment ago.'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

GB News going well so far on 17:52 - Jan 28 with 1054 viewsfooters

GB News going well so far on 17:39 - Jan 28 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. But koonters knew what a cesspit of antisemitism the canary is. So what’s his excuse?

Dunno. Does the Speccy still employ Taki?

GB News going well so far on 17:55 - Jan 28 with 1045 viewsGlasgowBlue

GB News going well so far on 17:31 - Jan 28 by EastTownBlue

Followed by a daily political round up courtesy of Guido Fawkes.

I think you are missing the point. Probably on purpose.

Koonters is moaning about unbalanced and biased media. Yet he pushes some of the most biased media outlets on here.

It’s not unbiased media he disapproves of. It’s media that doesn’t share his own political outlook.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024