Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil luv 16:01 - Feb 15 with 2497 viewschicoazul

Has anyone asked at these pressers that Lambert is dodging, Why does the Manager keep dodging these pressers?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phil luv on 16:03 - Feb 15 with 2445 viewsSwailsey

Phil's banned m8

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil luv on 16:04 - Feb 15 with 2429 viewsfooters

"I'm here tae talk aboot the game, nothing else, laddie."

He's already ahead of you, chickers.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Phil luv on 16:04 - Feb 15 with 2436 viewschicoazul

Phil luv on 16:03 - Feb 15 by Swailsey

Phil's banned m8

Yeah I know hence “has anyone asked”

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phil luv on 16:09 - Feb 15 with 2362 viewsBlueBadger

Phil luv on 16:04 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

Yeah I know hence “has anyone asked”

But Phil's not at the pressers, so how's he gonna know?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Phil luv on 16:10 - Feb 15 with 2362 viewsBlueBadger

Ham in, Lam out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Phil luv on 16:13 - Feb 15 with 2319 viewsSwailsey

Phil luv on 16:10 - Feb 15 by BlueBadger

Ham in, Lam out.

Phil out, Gav in.

I'm sick of Phil. Gav is the future.

Mark is the past.

Gav will last.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil luv on 16:14 - Feb 15 with 2360 viewsPhilTWTD

I asked Lee the other day what the club's view on it was and he wouldn't get into it, said only this: “I think the club has made it very clear that we’re supporting Paul through that process.

“We can’t stop people writing what people want to write and how they want to feel, and I get that people are frustrated, but I’m not going to go into that situation or the way the club is. The club has supported Paul and the management team, and we will continue to do so.”

I think Stuart Taylor was asked at one but at that point PL was still unwell, so he cited that.
Phil luv on 16:21 - Feb 15 with 2247 viewsSwailsey

Phil luv on 16:14 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

I asked Lee the other day what the club's view on it was and he wouldn't get into it, said only this: “I think the club has made it very clear that we’re supporting Paul through that process.

“We can’t stop people writing what people want to write and how they want to feel, and I get that people are frustrated, but I’m not going to go into that situation or the way the club is. The club has supported Paul and the management team, and we will continue to do so.”

I think Stuart Taylor was asked at one but at that point PL was still unwell, so he cited that.

Oh right.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil luv on 16:22 - Feb 15 with 2242 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Phil luv on 16:23 - Feb 15 with 2220 viewsfooters

He'll be gone in a couple of weeks, Phil, then you'll get your presser access back.

Phil luv on 16:25 - Feb 15 with 2201 viewsMattinLondon

If he’s too unwell to answer questions how is he well enough to operate during the match - adapting to tactics etc. I would have thought answering questions would be the easiest part of the job.
Phil luv on 16:32 - Feb 15 with 2132 viewsSwansea_Blue

Phil luv on 16:22 - Feb 15 by BryanPlug

As is the comment about supporting him through the process.

The process of what I wonder. Of recovering from Covid? Of trying to be a football manager?

We could be reading way too much into this of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Phil luv on 16:35 - Feb 15 with 2117 viewsJammyDodgerrr

But he's never done Midweek pressers right? Even before this all started? Didn't he just give quotes for both at the weekend game?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Phil luv on 16:36 - Feb 15 with 2116 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil luv on 16:25 - Feb 15 by MattinLondon

If he’s too unwell to answer questions how is he well enough to operate during the match - adapting to tactics etc. I would have thought answering questions would be the easiest part of the job.

To be fair, when he initially started not doing press conferences he was clearly still not particularly well. Lately he just opted not to do them, to send ST or MG along instead.
Phil luv on 16:37 - Feb 15 with 2105 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil luv on 16:35 - Feb 15 by JammyDodgerrr

But he's never done Midweek pressers right? Even before this all started? Didn't he just give quotes for both at the weekend game?

Yes, that's not just a Town thing, that's happened more widely in the EFL. I think someone said it was Frank Lampard that moved things in that direction when he was at Derby. Occasionally Mick used to do the same thing, give brief comments on the Tuesday game after the Saturday game.
Phil luv on 17:31 - Feb 15 with 1828 viewsBryanPlug

Phil luv on 16:32 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

As is the comment about supporting him through the process.

The process of what I wonder. Of recovering from Covid? Of trying to be a football manager?

We could be reading way too much into this of course.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Phil luv on 17:33 - Feb 15 with 1807 viewsfooters

Phil luv on 17:31 - Feb 15 by BryanPlug

The process of being sacked can be very traumatic, so the Club must do what it can.

Phil luv on 20:08 - Feb 15 with 1465 viewsbluejacko

Phil luv on 16:25 - Feb 15 by MattinLondon

Well he doesn’t answer questions OR change tactics in games either does he😏
Phil luv on 20:16 - Feb 15 with 1442 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely it is a question to ask on the radio phone ins including nationally (I assume 606 and Talk Radio still have them).

"What do you think of a manager that will only do press conferences after his team wins? What about when they ban a local journalist from the press conferences too? Do the presenters and ex-players there think such an attitude will have an effect of the mental resilience of the team?"

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024