Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two up top...... 17:30 - Feb 27 with 2360 viewsBlueBertie

.....and a settled side. It's not rocket science.
Two up top...... on 17:31 - Feb 27 with 2352 viewsDanTheMan

Honestly think we could rotate if we played this style of football.

I think how we're playing is more key than which line up.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Two up top...... on 18:02 - Feb 27 with 2286 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Two up top...... on 17:31 - Feb 27 by DanTheMan

Honestly think we could rotate if we played this style of football.

I think how we're playing is more key than which line up.

We could except Norwood. Theres a noticeable drop in intensity whenever he goes off.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Two up top...... on 18:04 - Feb 27 with 2270 viewsDanTheMan

Two up top...... on 18:02 - Feb 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

We could except Norwood. Theres a noticeable drop in intensity whenever he goes off.

Yeah that's fair, although I think Parrott also did a load of work today.

And dare I say it, Jackson always puts a shift in upfront.

There is a team here, with depth. We just need to play to their strengths instead of forcing a style on them.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Two up top...... on 18:06 - Feb 27 with 2256 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Two up top...... on 18:04 - Feb 27 by DanTheMan

Yeah that's fair, although I think Parrott also did a load of work today.

And dare I say it, Jackson always puts a shift in upfront.

There is a team here, with depth. We just need to play to their strengths instead of forcing a style on them.

Its the fact he puts himself about and disrupts the centre backs. We just don't have anyone else in the squad who can do it as well and Nors does.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Two up top...... on 19:56 - Feb 27 with 2190 viewseddiespearitt03

...and footballers possibly playing for their future at this club.
Maybe there should be a take over rumor every season because it has co-incided with the team winning back to back games.
Lambert has had a full season and half season in League One to get it right . He continued relentlessly and just could not motivate the team. The penny has finally dropped because the constant team changing & stale tactics was his downfall.
Two up top...... on 22:01 - Feb 27 with 2117 viewslmfcblue

With PL knowing he’s going he’s prob not thinking of a bigger picture and just focusing on the next game and keeping it simple.
He obviously gets in a muddle if he thinks about it too much.
Two up top...... on 22:41 - Feb 27 with 2050 viewswkj

Two up top...... on 18:02 - Feb 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

Depends if Lambert gets his head out of his arse with Nolan and Jackson. Jackson in a 442 routinely is something I want to see.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Two up top...... on 22:44 - Feb 27 with 2046 viewsStewart27

This 2 up top thing.

Isn’t the be all and end all.

I hope if and when the new manager doesn’t deploy this system that the world doesn’t come crashing down.
Login to get fewer ads

Two up top...... on 22:49 - Feb 27 with 2032 viewsPique

Two up top...... on 22:44 - Feb 27 by Stewart27

This 2 up top thing.

Isn’t the be all and end all.

I hope if and when the new manager doesn’t deploy this system that the world doesn’t come crashing down.

If it’s Paul Cook I doubt we’ll be playing two up top - he has consistently favoured a single striker at his previous clubs.
Two up top...... on 09:25 - Feb 28 with 1922 viewsitfcjoe

It's the style as much as anything, direct into front men and try and play when the opportunity is there to play rather than slow and labourious passing round the back.

We were always direct under Burley but played good football - if you watch back then you'll see how often Venus and McGreal play good forward passes early.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Two up top...... on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 1898 viewshoppy

Two up top...... on 22:49 - Feb 27 by Pique

If it’s Paul Cook I doubt we’ll be playing two up top - he has consistently favoured a single striker at his previous clubs.

Maybe he’s had the personnel to do so, whereas we don’t, as has been shown regularly when we’ve persisted with it anyway?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Two up top...... on 09:36 - Feb 28 with 1877 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

It’s not two up top though is it. Parrot clearly playing in behind Norwood.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Two up top...... on 09:40 - Feb 28 with 1857 viewsRomeo4

Playing 2 up front is not absolutely crucial. It’s more about the tempo at which you play and the ability to get players into advanced positions consistently. Pin the opposition back.

Too much under Lambert we have given opposing teams an easy ride by playing at such a slow pace and failing to support an isolated striker.
Two up top...... on 09:43 - Feb 28 with 1847 viewsitfcjoe

Two up top...... on 09:40 - Feb 28 by Romeo4

Playing 2 up front is not absolutely crucial. It’s more about the tempo at which you play and the ability to get players into advanced positions consistently. Pin the opposition back.

Too much under Lambert we have given opposing teams an easy ride by playing at such a slow pace and failing to support an isolated striker.

Yep, getting them turned before they have time to settle back into a shape

Two up top...... on 09:45 - Feb 28 with 1832 viewsBseaBlue

Two up top...... on 09:25 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

It's the style as much as anything, direct into front men and try and play when the opportunity is there to play rather than slow and labourious passing round the back.

We were always direct under Burley but played good football - if you watch back then you'll see how often Venus and McGreal play good forward passes early.

I have been arguing this for so long!! We hear all about 'the Ipswich way but it was the ability to mix it up which made Burley's team so effective. Likewise when Joe Royle came in!
Two up top...... on 09:50 - Feb 28 with 1800 viewseasynote

Wilson and Norwood returning from injury replacing two young centre backs with a more experienced pair to con a phrase not rocket science
Two up top...... on 09:55 - Feb 28 with 1790 viewsstrikalite

Two up top...... on 09:40 - Feb 28 by Romeo4

When you play out from the back you also invite the high press, fine if you're all great on the ball, you can play through and/or around it, but as we know we haven't got that and certainly haven't got the quality wing backs which is crucial....the pitch plays a big part in this too..
Two up top...... on 09:58 - Feb 28 with 1785 viewsitfcjoe

Two up top...... on 09:45 - Feb 28 by BseaBlue

I have been arguing this for so long!! We hear all about 'the Ipswich way but it was the ability to mix it up which made Burley's team so effective. Likewise when Joe Royle came in!

I wasn't alive for the Robson era, but when you watch highlights back it was a case of good footballers going direct when they needed too and using their technical quality in the final third where it mattered

Two up top...... on 12:42 - Feb 28 with 1703 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Two up top...... on 09:58 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

I wasn't alive for the Robson era, but when you watch highlights back it was a case of good footballers going direct when they needed too and using their technical quality in the final third where it mattered

Robsons teams pre Muhren and Thijssen were pretty direct with the likes of Whymark up front leading the line

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Two up top...... on 15:16 - Feb 28 with 1631 viewsThai_Blue

Two up top...... on 09:50 - Feb 28 by easynote

Wilson and Norwood returning from injury replacing two young centre backs with a more experienced pair to con a phrase not rocket science

Totally agree with you. I felt sorry for Wolfie, he looks to have gone backwards this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024