Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This ruddy takeover.. 16:35 - Mar 4 with 1188 viewsWallingford_Boy

When has a takeover ever gone smoothly?!

These things rumble on for months and more often than not, never happen.

The most important thing is Lambert has gone, I'm sure Evans isn't half as bad as most think.

I'd rather the entire club just focused on action ON the pitch for the rest of this season!

RIP Sir Bobby

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:36 - Mar 4 with 1160 viewschrismakin

I just hope, the media don't ask Cook about the takeover everytime they speak to him.

Clearly, even if he does know something he's not going to say, so don't ever ask again.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:37 - Mar 4 with 1153 viewshomer_123

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:36 - Mar 4 by chrismakin

I just hope, the media don't ask Cook about the takeover everytime they speak to him.

Clearly, even if he does know something he's not going to say, so don't ever ask again.

Or people keep posting about it on forums. ;)
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:37]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:38 - Mar 4 with 1143 viewshype313

No, we need this takeover if Cook has any chance of being successful, it's quite clear to us all now that the one common denominator in our current malaise is Marcus Evans, regardless of his good intentions, he needs to go, step aside or do whatever is necessary for him to absolve himself from anything relating to football.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:38]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:41 - Mar 4 with 1104 viewsGuthrum

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:38 - Mar 4 by hype313

No, we need this takeover if Cook has any chance of being successful, it's quite clear to us all now that the one common denominator in our current malaise is Marcus Evans, regardless of his good intentions, he needs to go, step aside or do whatever is necessary for him to absolve himself from anything relating to football.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:38]

While that may be true, it doesn't mean this bid is anywhere close, or even actually of substance. It's not as if the supposed bidders have made any public statement and from Evans only denials.

No point getting het up over what might be a mirage.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:42]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:44 - Mar 4 with 1075 viewshype313

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:41 - Mar 4 by Guthrum

While that may be true, it doesn't mean this bid is anywhere close, or even actually of substance. It's not as if the supposed bidders have made any public statement and from Evans only denials.

No point getting het up over what might be a mirage.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:42]

I'm not het up, I just think as much as Cook is Cleary a good manager he will be hamstrung by Evans, I personally feel that in order for a successful Ipswich Town, it needs to removal of Evans for us and him.

I struggle to fathom why there would be any sort of mirage, it's in no one's interest.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:48 - Mar 4 with 1057 viewsGuthrum

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:44 - Mar 4 by hype313

I'm not het up, I just think as much as Cook is Cleary a good manager he will be hamstrung by Evans, I personally feel that in order for a successful Ipswich Town, it needs to removal of Evans for us and him.

I struggle to fathom why there would be any sort of mirage, it's in no one's interest.

Not you specifically, but a lot of people are getting quite het up.

That's why I said "mirage" rather than "conspiracy". This is people seeing what they desperately want to be there, not a deliberate deception. A mirage being something which is either not really there, or which is a long way over the horizon.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:50]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:53 - Mar 4 with 1031 viewsWallingford_Boy

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:44 - Mar 4 by hype313

Why?

Are you saying Cook needs loads of cash to be successful?

I think he has more than an adequate squad to get up and if he does that, Evans will back him. Maybe not throw millions at Cook, but there will be cash available.

Anyone expecting a new ownership to happen overnight is seriously misguided!

RIP Sir Bobby

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:55 - Mar 4 with 1012 viewsChurchman

13 years of steady decline and he is now on his sixth manager (excluding Magilton) says he is very much as bad as most think and worse than the rest think. I wish Cook luck with that.

We can only cross our fingers and hope. You are right about any takeover though. It is best forgotten, sadly. If it happens, it happens. Given what he’s up against, that being dredged up week after week is the last thing Cook needs.
Login to get fewer ads

This ruddy takeover.. on 21:07 - Mar 4 with 874 viewssouthnorfolkblue

It’s no different to the sale of any business...they all have their hiccups and moments where it looks like it’s about to collapse but the bottom line is that if you have parties that genuinely want to do the deal they will usually find a way

Poll: Our final position

This ruddy takeover.. on 21:13 - Mar 4 with 843 viewsArnieM

I noticed PC in his maiden interview sang Evans praises to the hilt ( naturally you would think ), stating that Evans enthusiasm for Town and wanting them back in the big time was very refreshing and that ME was “ very, very, very” committed ( or similar) wording to the Club’s cause.

He might well be. But in truth he hasn’t backed that enthusiasm with serious enough funding to his last 3-4 managers . It won’t happen on the cheap....so where does that leave PC? Yet another enthusiastic manager on arrival, destined to failure due to the owner’s incompetence?

Please, if there is a God, let this take over happen.......

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This ruddy takeover.. on 21:35 - Mar 4 with 777 viewsSomethingBlue

This ruddy takeover.. on 16:48 - Mar 4 by Guthrum

Not you specifically, but a lot of people are getting quite het up.

That's why I said "mirage" rather than "conspiracy". This is people seeing what they desperately want to be there, not a deliberate deception. A mirage being something which is either not really there, or which is a long way over the horizon.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:50]

It's not a mirage though. It may or may not go through, but it's not a mirage in the slightest.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This ruddy takeover.. on 21:55 - Mar 4 with 710 viewsPrice_1991

This ruddy takeover.. on 21:35 - Mar 4 by SomethingBlue

It's not a mirage though. It may or may not go through, but it's not a mirage in the slightest.

I think a lot of people are expecting us to be told absolutely everything at every moment with this takeover. We can all speculate and talk of this and that regarding the take over but the truth is none of us will really know anything until it actually happens. That said there are a lot of things being done that are all pointing at it happening the biggest probably being the land registry searches on the training ground.
This ruddy takeover.. on 22:04 - Mar 4 with 678 viewsSomethingBlue

This ruddy takeover.. on 21:55 - Mar 4 by Price_1991

I think a lot of people are expecting us to be told absolutely everything at every moment with this takeover. We can all speculate and talk of this and that regarding the take over but the truth is none of us will really know anything until it actually happens. That said there are a lot of things being done that are all pointing at it happening the biggest probably being the land registry searches on the training ground.

It's reached a certain stage, the one reported — that is the truth. From there it can still go two ways, there's no hiding that, but it's a very long way down the track and has a good chance.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024