Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There really are some amazing people in the world 20:36 - Mar 14 with 1424 viewsBluefish

I run a not for profit company with 2 others and we act as volunteers and took over the running of our local council playing fields, pavilion and all weather pitches. The place was in an awful state and we have worked for 3 years to tidy it up purely through volunteer support. There was some money aside to be spent on the facility so we designed a facility where we have a bar and cafe facility to bring the area up and generate funds to be even more self sufficient. Before we took it on the property had been mothballed and the pitches were heading the same way but we got it going with funds raised selling tea and coffees. The park is now used 7 days a week by sports teams of all ages.

Anyway as part of this we have obviously applied for a premises license. The place is quite isolated so at night it attracts people from all over the city and isn't nice. Being open in the evening moves this problem away.

Well.....someone has just accused us of being only interested in profits and suggested the problems will be worse. I have given more hours than I care to think of to this project and it is close to approval but this person is attacking us on social media. I really do despair
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 20:39]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:11 - Mar 14 with 1295 viewsIllinoisblue

Imagine being unfairly singled out for abuse online!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:16 - Mar 14 with 1272 viewsFixed_It

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:11 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

Imagine being unfairly singled out for abuse online!

Whilst I sympathise with Fishers, that did make me smile!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 21:17]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:18 - Mar 14 with 1260 viewsDarth_Koont

So who’s right?

Pronouns: He/Him

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:18 - Mar 14 with 1261 viewsvapour_trail

Bluefish. You’re on the right side of this. Ride it. Forget these fcking losers.

I sit on a trustee board for a sports trust and there’s haters everywhere. It’ll always be this way. You’re the one doing the good stuff.

Keep on keeping on.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:21 - Mar 14 with 1236 viewstextbackup

Lambert getting his own back on you

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:35 - Mar 14 with 1173 viewsjeera

I'd be tempted to post this actual post as a direct response.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:41 - Mar 14 with 1138 viewsSitfcB

Twitter or FB? TWTD assemble

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:43 - Mar 14 with 1095 viewsmonytowbray

What have they posted or claimed though and why? I at least think the full story is in order.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 1070 viewsBluefish

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:41 - Mar 14 by SitfcB

Twitter or FB? TWTD assemble

Private groups, i had to request access just to have a right to reply. Overwhelmingly the majority are supportive but it doesn't take many objections to derail years of work. She is working hard to drum up support

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:20 - Mar 14 with 1065 viewsBluefish

There really are some amazing people in the world on 21:35 - Mar 14 by jeera

I'd be tempted to post this actual post as a direct response.

I have spent all evening try to be on the charm offensive and cut it off but she is determined. When one closed group went against her she moves to another.

I have given this so much of my spare time over the past 3 years and never taken anything from it and never will

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:24 - Mar 14 with 1056 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blue.
If you need any help at all feel free to DM me.

I went through the same process for the football club and had the same problems with locals.

Successfully got the premises licence but had to do a lot of work in and admin to get it approved.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:25 - Mar 14 with 1051 viewsjeera

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:20 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

I have spent all evening try to be on the charm offensive and cut it off but she is determined. When one closed group went against her she moves to another.

I have given this so much of my spare time over the past 3 years and never taken anything from it and never will

Then if she is making false accusations inform her politely that she will leave you no choice but to seek legal advice.

Take screen shots etc.

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:28 - Mar 14 with 1037 viewsBluefish

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:24 - Mar 14 by FrimleyBlue

Blue.
If you need any help at all feel free to DM me.

I went through the same process for the football club and had the same problems with locals.

Successfully got the premises licence but had to do a lot of work in and admin to get it approved.

Cheers. The police and fire visited this week and fully supported the idea. The police said there really couldn't be a better venue or project. All 3 local councillors are on board and so is the residents association (they are like the planning mafia)

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:30 - Mar 14 with 1024 viewsBluefish

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:25 - Mar 14 by jeera

Then if she is making false accusations inform her politely that she will leave you no choice but to seek legal advice.

Take screen shots etc.

I'm trying my best to charm and not be confrontational. I know what you are thinking!

Pointing out a not profit isn't mainly interested in profit shouldn't really be necessary though

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:33 - Mar 14 with 1013 viewsjeera

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:30 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

I'm trying my best to charm and not be confrontational. I know what you are thinking!

Pointing out a not profit isn't mainly interested in profit shouldn't really be necessary though

Although if you have/are doing the work, what would the problem with being paid for some of your time anyway?

Does she want to run it all for free herself?

Did she offer to put in the ground work or did she have no problem with the graft being done by someone else to even get to this stage?

I dunno what's wrong with people.

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:34 - Mar 14 with 1005 viewsFrimleyBlue

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:28 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

Cheers. The police and fire visited this week and fully supported the idea. The police said there really couldn't be a better venue or project. All 3 local councillors are on board and so is the residents association (they are like the planning mafia)

Perfect mate. If all those onboard you will be fine.

It takes a lot for them to turn down premise licence application especially if you have majority support. This local can carry on her agenda. But once its through she wont be heard from again. I had the exact issue with 1 local neighbour specially who did exactly what yours is. She was politely told by the licensing authority that whilst her concerns were noted they didnt feel they warranted the decline of the licence. Didnt hear a thing from her after that and the licence was granted.

Sounds like you've got everything in place ready to go so enjoy the new venture of it and well done fantastic work and worth it for all your effort.

Waka waka eh eh

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:35 - Mar 14 with 998 viewsBluefish

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:33 - Mar 14 by jeera

Although if you have/are doing the work, what would the problem with being paid for some of your time anyway?

Does she want to run it all for free herself?

Did she offer to put in the ground work or did she have no problem with the graft being done by someone else to even get to this stage?

I dunno what's wrong with people.

She wants a zoom call to suggest alternative uses. We've spent 3 years doing this place up through our volunteering and have a lease from the council with full maintenance responsibility.

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:38 - Mar 14 with 988 viewsBluefish

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:34 - Mar 14 by FrimleyBlue

Perfect mate. If all those onboard you will be fine.

It takes a lot for them to turn down premise licence application especially if you have majority support. This local can carry on her agenda. But once its through she wont be heard from again. I had the exact issue with 1 local neighbour specially who did exactly what yours is. She was politely told by the licensing authority that whilst her concerns were noted they didnt feel they warranted the decline of the licence. Didnt hear a thing from her after that and the licence was granted.

Sounds like you've got everything in place ready to go so enjoy the new venture of it and well done fantastic work and worth it for all your effort.

That really is great to hear. I was worried how much it might upset the whole thing

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:41 - Mar 14 with 978 viewsjeera

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:35 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

She wants a zoom call to suggest alternative uses. We've spent 3 years doing this place up through our volunteering and have a lease from the council with full maintenance responsibility.

So as I was saying, late to the party and now wants an input now the hard part is done.

You're a better person than me.

I'd have told her to eff off by now.

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:44 - Mar 14 with 966 viewsBluefish

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:41 - Mar 14 by jeera

So as I was saying, late to the party and now wants an input now the hard part is done.

You're a better person than me.

I'd have told her to eff off by now.

There's still time

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:44 - Mar 14 with 966 viewsFrimleyBlue

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:38 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

That really is great to hear. I was worried how much it might upset the whole thing

Not going to lie. It was a fear and we had a few of her issues raised like being open late. Noise etc.

We then just had to show we understood and thought of why we believed it wouldn't be a problem and how we would minimise issues

So we for example installed extra cctv. And made a point that we would ensure it covered the public car park so that it actually helped the community by reducing problems in the carpark at night

We also ensured it was a members only club so we had a record of all users of the facilities etc. Which went down really well with the police etc

Waka waka eh eh

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:47 - Mar 14 with 953 viewsEireannach_gorm

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:30 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

You seem to have tried the softly softly approach without sucess so you clearly need to change tack. Think you need to politely point out that you will be going down the legal route if this persists. Some people think civilityis a weakness.
There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:59 - Mar 14 with 927 viewsFrimleyBlue

There really are some amazing people in the world on 22:47 - Mar 14 by Eireannach_gorm

You seem to have tried the softly softly approach without sucess so you clearly need to change tack. Think you need to politely point out that you will be going down the legal route if this persists. Some people think civilityis a weakness.

Personally.. just from experience. It's best not to do anything direct with a complainant and keep it between the licensing authority and those who register an official complaint against the application.

If she hasnt completed an official complaint then she had no jurisdiction getting involved.
If she has then her concerns will be discussed between the licence application holder and the licence authority.

If any direct discussion is made. I'd keep it short but polite such as "I appreciate your concerns. If these have been raised formally to the licence authority they will discuss your concerns with you as I am only allowed to discuss the application and concerns to the application with the licensing authority.

I would also minimise any public statements.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024